Laundry Package

luvs2travl

Is HAL still offering the unlimited laundry package? It used to run about $9.00 a day per cabin. Due to illness, it's been about a year since we've cruised. We are going with another couple & were telling them about the laundry package. Their travel agent told them that they no longer offer that and only have the "Stuff a Bag" for $20.00 a couple times per cruise. Hope that's not true!!

Thanks in advance for any information you have.

They still offered the unlimited laundry on the Noordam 3/10/2014 sailing for a cost of $7 a day for a total of $77 for the cruise. I suggest you call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 to verify and if you want you can provide them a credit card number at that time to set up the service. You will have a card in your cabin upon embarkation indicating that the service has been paid for.

BTB, this is the 3rd time we've used the service and couldn't be happier.

The unlimited laundry option was offered on the Maasdam cruise we just got off from Mar 28 - Apr 11, 2014. It was $7 per day or $98 for our cruise.

It is listed on the laundry form. All we did was check it off when we sent out the first bag. We kept checking it off each time. It was charged to our account after a few days.

Thanks so much!! Yes, we have also used this service several times and I was hoping that it was still available. It's the first thing I buy when we get on board if we're not staying in a deluxe suite, and this time, we couldn't get one, so I'll need to purchase.

Our next cruise, we will be Four Star Mariners and then it'll be always free. YEAH!!!

I'm going to take your advice and call ships services and pre-arrange it this time. One less thing to do when we get onboard.

Thanks again, Larsen. I so appreciate your kind and prompt response.:)

Nancy

And thanks to Glen as well. I just love the folks on the CC Boards. I have always received help and good advice from so many of you.

Thanks again, Glen. We will be on the Amsterdam & I'm sure it will be the same on board that ship, too.

Smooth Sailing!!:)

Nancy

Quick question - Is the laundry package laundry and pressing, or just wash & fold? We've only been in a Neptune Suite which is laundry, pressing & dry cleaning, but I was curious as to what the laundry package includes. Thanks!

Quick question - Is the laundry package laundry and pressing, or just wash & fold? We've only been in a Neptune Suite which is laundry, pressing & dry cleaning, but I was curious as to what the laundry package includes. Thanks!

It includes laundry and pressing. Necessities are folded and used to be brought to your cabin in a nice wicker basket. Don't know if the basket is still being used or not. No dry cleaning included in the laundry pkg.

It includes laundry and pressing. Necessities are folded and used to be brought to your cabin in a nice wicker basket. Don't know if the basket is still being used or not. No dry cleaning included in the laundry pkg.

Thanks! They were still using the baskets as of last month.

If we book the unlimited laundry, can we at the beginning of the holiday send some items out for just ironing (if anything is too creased coming out of the suitcases).

Certainly. When we had items that got wrinkled during travel, we usually put them aside while we are unpacking. Then we send the things we need for the first few days out for pressing.

We have the Suite laundry & dry cleaning, but the same would apply to the laundry / pressing package.

One thing about calling ship's services. I called to get the package and had no problems. My friend called and was told he had to do it on board. Guess it depends on who answers your call.

An email I had gotten from HAL had told me I could do either.

Unfortunately, it's easy to get different answers when you call Holland America - or many other businesses for that matter. Sometimes you just have to call back until you reach the right person.

We even had a sport coat cleaned (not just pressed) onboard without charge under our 4-star perk, although the form indicates a charge. Came out great! I also brought stuff from home that was cleaned but not pressed, sent it out the first day and got it back the following day. Better them than me, LOL! :D

The folded items are brought back in the wicker basket with tissue paper wrapped around them.

We're on the Veendam May 1st Ft. Lauderdale to Quebec, Canada. How long does it normally take to receive your clothes back?:

Pressed only?

Washed and pressed?

Is there any need to request express pressing?

Does the package deal save quite a bit of money?

The Veendam has self service laundries and pressing, so wonder if we would even need the package deal. Of course, also don't know if I really want us doing laundry during vacation on a cruise ship, either.

Just got off the phone with Ship's Services and pre-purchased the Unlimited Laundry Package. I got the wash, fold and press package and total cost for our 14-day cruise was $154.00. We will have laundry from a three day pre-cruise so will have a load to send out the first day.

It may sound like a lot dollar-wise, but it's worth it to me not to have to spend my vacation time sitting in a laundromat waiting for a machine, then waiting for clothes to wash & dry. Turn-around time for your items to be laundered, folded/pressed is 24 hours. We get back on board from a day of sightseeing, and our clothes are back in our cabin ready to be put away.

Ships Service rep told me that this would also include pressing only service that will be needed for our dress clothes for formal nights.

Thanks to all who were so helpful!

Smooth Sailing:):)

Nancy

Edited by luvs2travl

Just got off the phone with Ship's Services and pre-purchased the Unlimited Laundry Package. I got the wash, fold and press package and total cost for our 14-day cruise was $154.00. We will have laundry from a three day pre-cruise so will have a load to send out the first day.

It may sound like a lot dollar-wise, but it's worth it to me not to have to spend my vacation time sitting in a laundromat waiting for a machine, then waiting for clothes to wash & dry. Turn-around time for your items to be laundered, folded/pressed is 24 hours. We get back on board from a day of sightseeing, and our clothes are back in our cabin ready to be put away.

Ships Service rep told me that this would also include pressing only service that will be needed for our dress clothes for formal nights.

Thanks to all who were so helpful!

Smooth Sailing:):)

Nancy

I think you have been overcharged. A 14 day cruise should be $98. IIRC.

Our 7 day Alaska cruise was $49 unlimited laundry package. $7 per day.

I think you have been overcharged. A 14 day cruise should be $98. IIRC. Our 7 day Alaska cruise was $49 unlimited laundry package. $7 per day.

Nancy's cost is higher since she not only got the Unlimited Laundry Package but also the "press package" which also runs $7 a day. If it was just normal laundry she was sending it usually does come back pressed but since she wanted to also send out her dress clothes for just pressing she got the extra package. While it might have been cheaper to get just the laundry and then pay by the piece for "pressing only" the combination will probably just make life easier and she is on vacation. :D On the Noordam there were days when I sent items out by 900a and they came back that same afternoon.

I agree Nancy, money well spent! :D

Nancy

Laundry is promised within 48 hours.

Our experience has been 24 hours if your steward receives the bag early in the day.

This what we have found as well. We get our laundry to our cabin steward ASAP and we have even gotten it back the same evening. Not the usual, but it has happened once or twice. Guess it depends on how busy they are on each particular day.

We asked that our cabin be cleaned as early as possible because we are up and out by 7:00 AM. I leave the laundry on the bed all bagged and tagged, so I guess he gets it out early, too!

Smooth Sailing!! :)

Nancy

Hi

On the 14 day cruise how many people send out clothes On first when they ask you not to. then onthe last two days of cruise?

On Alaska cruise you are in Victoria day 13

then port in Seattle day 14.

So you are paying for 3 days You are not able to use the service

Mary

I suggest you call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 to verify and if you want you can provide them a credit card number at that time to set up the service. You will have a card in your cabin upon embarkation indicating that the service has been paid for.

BTB, this is the 3rd time we've used the service and couldn't be happier.

Don't rely on information from Ships Services to be completely accurate. We once contacted them for laundry information.

Upon boarding the ship, the laundry packages were completely different.

Hi

On the 14 day cruise how many people send out clothes On first when they ask you not to. then onthe last two days of cruise?

On Alaska cruise you are in Victoria day 13

then port in Seattle day 14.

So you are paying for 3 days You are not able to use the service

Mary

We've sent clothes out the afternoon after boarding (1st cruise day) with no problem. We get them back the following day. No one has ever told us that we couldn't do that. I call the cabin steward and he comes and picks up the bag. We send our laundry out each day after that. It really cuts down on the packing.

It is correct that the last two days of every cruise, the laundry service is not available. Technically, it's only one day, because the last day cruise day is debarkation, and I don't count that as a cruise day, even though the cruise line does. :D

For some, this service may not be worth it, but it is for us. I do hand-wash my female "upper garments " but send everything else to the ship's laundry & I've not had a problem with shrinkage, fading, lost garments, etc. Maybe we've just been lucky, but we love the service and it takes a load off my mind not having to worry about spending half a day sitting in the laundromat, then ironing my clothes. Just my humble opinion;)!!

Smooth Sailing Always :)