car rental?

erin327

Just need US license.

We rented a car there a few years ago - no problem with the car or the rental company (Hertz), and it was pretty easy to find our way to where we wanted to go, but I would not do it again, as they drive on the opposite side of the road than in the US, and the steep, twisty, narrow mountain roads are not what I'm used to driving on in Florida :eek:

It was just too stressful!

How do car rentals work in St. Thomas? Do we need an international driver's license? Or just our US license? Is the driving and parking reasonable? Any other tips?

St. Thomas is a US territory and a US Drivers license is all you need. Driving is on the left side of the road--like Britain--but the car's steering wheel is on the left side--so the driver is by the edge of the road. Be careful at corners if you are turning.

...but I would not do it again, as they drive on the opposite side of the road than in the US, and the steep, twisty, narrow mountain roads are not what I'm used to driving on in Florida :eek:

It was just too stressful!

Completely agree with you! Way stressful. Cabs are plentiful - very easy to get to most destinations. :)