Hilton Rose Hall Resort

Vanilla

Can anyone comment on this:

Book with RCCL for 4 hours = $139. or book with Resort for a day =$114 and it appears by the website you get to stay about an hour longer with resort for a day. With RCCL site says they pick you up at 4pm and the ship doesn't sail until 7pm.

Would appreciate comments on times you were actually there and with which company you booked with.

Thanks!

Book with Resort for a Day. We have used them twice and always had a good experience. You will get to stay longer and you are getting the same thing (all the amenities, all the food and drinks and use of the facility).

I have a full review of the place from our day there with TONS of pictures listed in my signature line. :)

Mitsugirly

Thank you for replying and thanks for that review. Did you ever kill your husband for wandering off for the day? LOL.... I decided to book with resort for a day. Thanks again for the review and the advice.

Mitsugirly

Thank you for replying and thanks for that review. Did you ever kill your husband for wandering off for the day? LOL.... I decided to book with resort for a day. Thanks again for the review and the advice.

He made it out alive, barely...but alive. He spent the rest of the cruise making up for it. ;) :D

Glad to hear you booked with them. Enjoy your day there. It's a beautiful place.

We used Resort for a Day...had a nice amount of time there...we loved the Jerk Chicken lunch and the frozen drinks were wonderful!!! I think I lost count after five of them...had to try as many as possible!! Yum! The pool at the resort is great...adults and kids all loved it therea,

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

i love that there are positive reviews for hilton rose hall. my wife and i will be there on the 30th and its my wife's birthday. if not we would probably stay abord ship but given the day and the possibility we could miss grand cayman we decided to pony up the cash. i dont drink and my wife is an infrequent drinker so we wont be judging the value on the quality or quantity of the drinks. we're looking forward to a relaxing day with good food in a beautiful resort. sounds like we made the right choice.i'll let y'all know.

Edited by lifes-a-beach

i love that there are positive reviews for hilton rose hall. my wife and i will be there on the 30th and its my wife's birthday. if not we would probably stay abord ship but given the day and the possibility we could miss grand cayman we decided to pony up the cash. i dont drink and my wife is an infrequent drinker so we wont be judging the value on the quality or quantity of the drinks. we're looking forward to a relaxing day with good food in a beautiful resort. sounds like we made the right choice.i'll let y'all know.

Well happy birthday to your wife. What a wonderful way to spend the day. Just remember, drinks do not only mean alcohol. You can get soda and virgin drinks. ;) It's still a nice way to spend a hot sunny day with a drink of your choice in hand since they are unlimited. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Do you have to book this in advance or is there someone from Resort For A Day there at the pier selling day passes?

We have always booked in advance so that we know we have a spot reserved. I have never seen anyone at the pier selling day passes there, but then again, I wasn't looking since I already had where I was going and my reservations. You could probably email Resort For A Day and ask them that if you decide you want to do this once you arrive that day, can they be contacted to go there or if they are already at the pier. :confused: Everyone we have had on our excursion bus was pre-paid.

Do you have to book this in advance or is there someone from Resort For A Day there at the pier selling day passes?

I would think you need to book in advance, as otherwise you would not know where to find the resort for a day representative...there is not a booth or anything for independent tour operators...when you book in advance you prepay 1/2 of the fee and pay the rest at the resort.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

just returned from hilton rose hall a couple of weeks ago. booked with resort for a day.

pluses: picked up by a very comfortable motor coach right at the port. just a short wait til everyone was accounted for. the resort is stunningly beautiful. there are two very different pool areas; one with a short lazy river and waterslide, the other a huge pool set between the hotel and the beach. the buffet was good and there was strong wifi inside, although it wasnt out by either pool.

minuses: too short of a day. and i mean that in a good sort of way. we could have stayed several more hours. the trip is not cheap. we dont drink alcohol so that didn't offset the cost.

overall we would not hesitate to go again. jamaica remains a great port to skip but at least we know where to go should we want to disembark.

I am very interested in this option when we dock in Falmouth.

I'm just not sure about spending close to $400 (4 of us) for basically all the same things I can get on our ship (minus the free alcohol of course). I mean we can eat all we want on the ship and use the pools, flowrider, etc. I hear the beach is not even that nice at Hilton.

Can anyone help me out and let me know what I am missing?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just not sure about spending close to $400 (4 of us) for basically all the same things I can get on our ship (minus the free alcohol of course). I mean we can eat all we want on the ship and use the pools, flowrider, etc. I hear the beach is not even that nice at Hilton.

Very fair question. But the same question might be asked, why go on a cruise ship? You probably have pools and restaurants closer/cheaper to home? Have a look at these pictures, linked in from one of MistuGirly's famous reviews, start at post 248. Is that change of scenery worth it? Maybe not, everyone is different - but that gives you a good idea of what to expect.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959571&page=13

My own opinion about HRH - is all about time. If you don't have an excursion or plan that has you there for the majority of the day - it is hard to take in enough atmosphere to make the $ worth while.

Edited by dna1990

Hi thank you for the link. I agree it is beautiful and would probably be nice to spend a week there for a little less than a cruise vacation. But for $400 for a few hours I just can't justify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thank you for the link. I agree it is beautiful and would probably be nice to spend a week there for a little less than a cruise vacation. But for $400 for a few hours I just can't justify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only you can decide if spending that kind of money is right for you for the time frame that you will be in port. It sounds like you have already made up your mind. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We booked through Resort for a Day for our trip there his past March. We got there around 10am and the place was PACKED. We managed to get a couple of the last empty loungers available. The hotel seemed to be packed with people that were actually booked at the hotel......maybe because of the long cold winter that just seemed like it would never end for the people that live up north.

The resort is nice....but the beach area is not the best...but I've seen worse. The pools are great and the staff was all very friendly. We have a stop again in Falmouth on our cruise in September and I am definitely considering going back to HRH.