Rental car in Miami

I searched on this topic but didn’t fine the exact answer I was looking for. Can anyone tell me what the most convenient way to rent a car in Miami and get back to the ship when I return it? We use to rent from Avis and return the car at the port, but apparently that options doest exist anymore so I am looking for the next best option. I’m not overly concerned about price but rather ease of dropping the car off and getting back to the ship in a timely fashion. From what I remember, the airport is on the other side of the town from the port so that is probably not a quick trip.

Suggestions??

Thanks

Hertz has an airport location as well as a downtown location about 3 minutes from the port. The downtown location will shuttle you over to the port. You can pick up and drop off at any hertz location with out extra fees or charges.

We did this in January, and it was great. Had the car for the day and then on Sunday went for breakfast, ( it also allowed us to stay away from the port for next to nothing ) then dropped off our luggage at the pier, and then returned the car. Hertz shuttled us to the ship.. It really was a breeze and would do it again in a second.

:)

I searched on this topic but didn’t fine the exact answer I was looking for. Can anyone tell me what the most convenient way to rent a car in Miami and get back to the ship when I return it? We use to rent from Avis and return the car at the port, but apparently that options doest exist anymore so I am looking for the next best option. I’m not overly concerned about price but rather ease of dropping the car off and getting back to the ship in a timely fashion. From what I remember, the airport is on the other side of the town from the port so that is probably not a quick trip.

Suggestions??

Thanks

I recommend Enterprise, which you'd be able to rent either from the Airport or from the office at the Hyatt Regency. You can return the car to the Hyatt Regency, and take the free Enterprise shuttle from there to the port..Here's a post where I mention this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=3754158&postcount=9

(Call the Enterprise office at the Hyatt to confirm what days/times the shuttle runs.)

We are renting through COSTCO and got a great rate on Hertz for two days. They have confirmed a shuttle service to the port. I think we are paying 62.00 for two days, taxes, fees included. This will beat paying for cab fares to and from places for the two days...we are staying in South Beach.

Hope this helps.

Archived