Recent Oasis passengers - did you have to sign drink receipts with the alcohol packag

Last year on Allure we enjoyed the premium package but found it annoying to have to have to sign a slip for every drink including every round in the MDR. We are in the fence about getting the package on Oasis this July. Not have to sign receipts would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't believe you actually have to sign the receipts. I believe they give you the receipt and ask you to in an effort to get an extra tip. We had the package on the Explorer last year and I never signed the receipt they gave me. Sometimes they would not even give the receipt especially in the MDR.

Are the staff grumbling about the program? Seems like to the extent it is a "good deal" for pax, it's more work and less tips for staff if they aren't adding tips on b/c no receipt printed.

The added tips is a reason for staff to work hard to try to give good service to earn more. If they all share in pool a fixed amount, probably less incentive to try to be quick and efficient.

I was not given a single receipt to sign one either the Independence or the Oasis one either of my last two RCCL cruises. No bartenders or servers ever seemed put out by seeing my card with the drink package on it. I think they are all more than used to it by now.

Never had to sign a single slip last week, but EVERY drink order was rung in separately and swiped, then two receipts printed out for EVERY drink. Took so much extra time and wasted so much paper with four of us ordering drinks together all week.

"SAVE THE WAVES" and save my time by making that process faster, RCCL.

Never had to sign a single slip last week, but EVERY drink order was rung in separately and swiped, then two receipts printed out for EVERY drink. Took so much extra time and wasted so much paper with four of us ordering drinks together all week.

"SAVE THE WAVES" and save my time by making that process faster, RCCL.

But how will they get tips, beyond the 15% of original purchased price of package shared, if no receipts printed? Carry around ones like we keep in cabin for room service? Or do most people figure the $8.25 tip money on $55 premium plan (15% of 55) more than sufficient tipping even if order 10 or more drinks over the course of a day? Maybe it is but I just assumed one would want to tag on something extra.

I can't drink enough alcohol to make it worth buying a package and I'm sort of picky so bringing my own wine is good for me but I may get the replenish package and I figured I'd tip something on every order that involves waitstaff with the possible exception of soda at dinner. I guess I'm expecting receipts printed out so that tipping is easy to do. I guess it would be nice for people drinking multiple rounds in one place to just get one receipt at the end with an opportunity to tip.

Can I get the premium package and my husband get the ultimate package, or do we both have to get the same?

Marthkat75

From what i have read several times now you both DO NOT have to have the same package.

Husband had to sign for everyone of his drinks on the Freedom a few weeks ago. We thought that might be how they indicated who got to share in the pre-paid tips, or perhaps it was a way to get more tips? MDR he always had his beer waiting for him but then the server would still want his card at the end of dinner.