Honolulu Hotels help!

sargemrs

Check out the Park Shore Waikiki for your travel dates. I have booked them from my trip next month. They do not charge any resort fees and have free Wi-Fi. They are located on the quieter end of Waikiki, down by Diamond Head. The hotel is just across the street from the beach. According to their website, their peak rates for a standard room on a Friday night in August are about $260 per night including taxes. Park Shore is not a luxury property, but they have gotten very good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Three couples of us are going to Hawaii in August. Does anyone know of a nice, but reasonable $200. or less, hotel that either provides a shuttle to the pier or a shuttle from the airport? We're all coming in a day ahead but plan to just rest until boarding ship the next day, so don't want to rent a car. If no shuttles then what about taxi service and about how much would it be for both trips? Any suggestions would be so appreciated. Also we're planning on doing the Pearl Harbor tour after the cruise since we have all day before our flight leaves; any suggestions on different options we might have, that would be reasonable.

We are arriving in July 1 for the 7/5 sailing. My choices took me to more expensive properties than what you seek. But try the Holiday Inn - starts at 199 (+ tax) - close to your budget, centrally located, seems to be a decent place. There are places further back from the beach that might be a little less. Shop some online hotels search sites. As to shuttles - I have not seen any hotels providing those services. I discovered here on Cruise Critic an outfit called Hawaii23 (price for 2 from airport to Waikiki is $23). They get & each additional passenger, so $51 for the group - and it's not shared with anyone else - way better than using a shuttle service.

From what I've read, a regular taxi to the pier would probably run $15-25. I was going to see what Hawaii23 might do it for (we are only 2; but for you a flat rate van would be great - it's much shorter than the airport run, so it can't be more than that fee, hopefully less.

One caution - I've checked back on my own time frame, and I see space filling up (some categories no longer available). Don't wait to make your res.