April 2015 until 2016 brochures

Jimsgirl

Requested this brochure, received 2014 World Cruise brochure - evidently staffer did not know the world cruise 2014 has ended.

Called Cunard today told by "order taker" that the date of the brochure for April 2015 /2016 was "not known at this time" yet in UK passengers have already received their copy.

What is wrong with the USA office,? Is everything is being done by Carnival House in Southampton, and no one there realizes yet that there are passengers in the "New World"!

Perhaps they still operate with maps that state the "New World " still has to be discovered.

After all someone there thinks Oban is in the Orkney Islands!

The UK Cunard site says:

Request a Cunard Cruise Brochure

Please find below a list of our current brochures, which we are happy to send to you. Please note that we can only mail these to UK addresses - if you reside outside the UK please contact your local travel agent on the link above.

I just requested by mail both the "2015 World & Exotic Cruises Brochure" and the "2015 Cunard Collection" brochure from Cunard's U.S. web site via the page Salacia mentioned. Shortly thereafter, I received an automated e-mail reply from Cunard which states in part:

"Your order has been received and the materials you requested should arrive in your mailbox within 20 days."

Time will tell if I actually receive them within 20 days.

Regards,

John.

I did an online search and see that there are more crossings scheduled for 2015. This year I couldn't find one that fit my schedule. Next year I found 5, three of which are WB which are my favorite.

By the time the brochure gets here, I will be all done planning the trip.

I just requested by mail both the "2015 World & Exotic Cruises Brochure" and the "2015 Cunard Collection" brochure from Cunard's U.S. web site via the page Salacia mentioned. Shortly thereafter, I received an automated e-mail reply from Cunard which states in part:

"Your order has been received and the materials you requested should arrive in your mailbox within 20 days."

Regards,

John.

It was from the US web that I requested the brochure, having spelled it out very precisely, but still received the incorrect brochure. As I said I spoke in person today to a staffer on the phone, who did not know when the April 2015 sailings would be sent out in brochure form.

It was from the US web that I requested the brochure, having spelled it out very precisely, but still received the incorrect brochure. As I said I spoke in person today to a staffer on the phone, who did not know when the April 2015 sailings would be sent out in brochure form.

I'm not holding my breath that I will receive a hard copy of the 2015 voyage brochure any time soon either. I am using the pdf versions of the brochures which are available for download and voyage search functions as others have suggested. I fully understand your desire for a hard copy brochure although I must say my interest is not so much in planning upcoming voyages but rather to add to my library of Cunard brochures for future reference.

Regards,

John.

I just got a surprise in the today's mail -- Cunard's "2015 Cruise Collection" brochure. Now that's a fast response to the request I entered only yesterday! Actually, now that I think about it, I must have requested that brochure by mail soon after it first became available online about a month ago.

What I now have in my hands appears to be identical to the 28-page pdf document for the "2015 Cruise Collection" that is available for downloading on Cunard's U.S. web site. This brochure covers the Cunard voyage schedule from May 2015 to January 2016.

So, Lynn, despite what you have been told over the phone, Cunard's 2015 voyage schedule is indeed available in the U.S. as a hard copy brochure.

Regards,

John.

I just got a surprise in the today's mail -- Cunard's "2015 Cruise Collection" brochure. Now that's a fast response to the request I entered only yesterday! Actually, now that I think about it, I must have requested that brochure by mail soon after it first became available online about a month ago.

What I now have in my hands appears to be identical to the 28-page pdf document for the "2015 Cruise Collection" that is available for downloading on Cunard's U.S. web site. This brochure covers the Cunard voyage schedule from May 2015 to January 2016.

So, Lynn, despite what you have been told over the phone, Cunard's 2015 voyage schedule is indeed available in the U.S. as a hard copy brochure.

Regards,

John.

We received the same brochure in the mail today. I am pretty confident I did not request it. There is a letter from Commodore Rynd saying that they know we are past passengers and that they hope we will choose one of these voyages for 2015. So we, too, can verify that there is a 2015 brochure.

• 3 weeks later...

Regards,

John.

I received the same auto response April 22, will be interesting to see if the May 2014-Jan 2015 brochure really does arrive by Wednesday 14th May.

I am not holding my breath.

Lynn

I received the same auto response April 22, will be interesting to see if the May 2014-Jan 2015 brochure really does arrive by Wednesday 14th May.

I am not holding my breath.

Lynn

Hi Mrs.Jimsgirl. If I remember correctly, you mentioned that you recently moved. Is it possible that the change of address resulted in some kind of computer glitch on the Cunard system - old address vs. new address? Unfortunately, maybe it's necessary to point out that your mailing address has changed and Cunard needs to update their records. I know that shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes the catch up time for record keeping takes months -even in this day of instant communication.

BTW, do you mind if I call you Lynn (although Mrs. Jimsgirl has a nice ring to it too:)) Best wishes, -Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Hi Mrs.Jimsgirl. If I remember correctly, you mentioned that you recently moved. Is it possible that the change of address resulted in some kind of computer glitch on the Cunard system - old address vs. new address? Unfortunately, maybe it's necessary to point out that your mailing address has changed and Cunard needs to update their records. I know that shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes the catch up time for record keeping takes months -even in this day of instant communication.

BTW, do you mind if I call you Lynn (although Mrs. Jimsgirl has a nice ring to it too:)) Best wishes, -Salacia

I have no objection at all if you wish to call me Lynn, all my "friends" call me that, and you and I have "known" each other for a long time now.

My full name is Evelyn, but I have been Lynn since my days in the W.A.A.F. (Womens Auxillary Air Force. ). We were 30 females in one long metal hut, and there were two of us with the name Evelyn, so I became Lynn and the other girl became Eve. therefore when I met Jim it was as Lynn. I was a driver in the WAAF.

Thank you very much Lynn. I hope we will meet in person one day so I can shake your hand and thank you for all your life's efforts and for having a courageous life well lived. Cheers, Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Well 20 days is up and no sign of the brochure for May 2015 onwards brochure.

Glad I did not hold my breath!

Cunard have my new address, ,phoned them again today, strange still same response, brochures not yet out?

Darn those gremlins they must be sitting in waiting for any mail from Cunard.

I told my daughter of this problem , and that I knew at least one passenger in Iowa who had received this brochure in the mail in April. .

She considers herself technically superior to her mother but finally she agreed to phone Cunard as though a prospective new customer. After giving the staffer (female) her address etc, the staffer told her that the brochure would be sent "WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE"

My daughter asked "you do not have it as yet" and back came the reply "It is expected to be available next month"!!!!!!! Clearly the staffer neither knew nor cared, she just said the first thing that came into her head to get the caller off the line.

• 3 weeks later...

Well here we are, still no 2015 brochure.

As indicated original request APRIL 22, no brochure by May 15th so I contacted Cunard and requested 2015 Brochure from the order page, auto response "will receive within 20 days"

The 20 days are up today, and I am still waiting. It is certainly nothing to do with my address or the P.O. I checked with Cunard and they do have my correct address and my mail delivery is fine .

Oh well I will be on board QM2 July 6th so will trot down to the sales office next day and hope to get brochure there. I do have 2 more cruises booked (one for Sept and one for April next year) maybe Cunard think I do not need a brochure.

I get the full brochure by requesting it online in the name of my late cat, who is on their records as a potential new customer. Cunard likes new customers far better than old ones, and sends one immediately.

He is obviously now on some central database, as every time I book I am asked if he is accompanying us. Not terribly likely.:D

Mary:D

I get the full brochure by requesting it online in the name of my late cat, who is on their records as a potential new customer. Cunard likes new customers far better than old ones, and sends one immediately.

He is obviously now on some central database, as every time I book I am asked if he is accompanying us. Not terribly likely.:D

Mary:D

Very funny, though I fear it is also possibly very true. Cunard do seem to fall over themselves when dealing with new customers, I assume they think I am a "hooked fish".

Lynn

I've been reading this thread with a sigh of resignation! 'Down Under' in Oz I've been unable to glean any information about 2015 cruises (specifically Mediterranean - Queen Victoria) from the Cunard phone line. The official response is 'Cunard are still working on the schedule and it will be available in a a month or so'. The thought that springs to mind is that Cunard are still working on prices as our dollar moves around a bit. We can, with great difficulty and subterfuge, log onto US and UK travel agent sites and look longingly at prices and schedules. We've even got as far as seeing the cruise that we would like to book for, and can only hope that by the time Cunard Australia makes it available, that cabins will still be there to book!

We're seriously thinking of using a friend's USA address and booking through them.

On a lighter note - its so lovely to be back reading the posts on the forums. We did our 1st ever Cunard cruise on the QM2 last year (2nd cruise ever!) and absolutely loved it. Reading the forums became part of my daily routine, and it was great to meet some of you on board. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an e-mail from Cunard with the subject "John, Order Your New 2015 Cruise Brochures Now". The two new brochures are titled "2015 Transatlantic Crossings Brochure" and "2015 Europe Brochure". On Cunard's U.S. web site these brochures are only available to request by mail--no downloadable pdf versions listed at the moment. So there are now apparently two more hard copy brochures available from Cunard for the 2015 season.

Edited by bluemarble