When do you usually book?

When do you usually book your cruise?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. When do you usually book your cruise?

• 2 weeks to 1 month before.
    • 2 months to 5 months before.
    • 6 to 11 months before.
    • A year before.
    • As soon as they're launched.

Thought it was time for a poll, and one that I think is quite apt with summer 2015 itineraries on sale on Thursday.

So, the question is, when do you usually book your cruise? Do early booking offers tempt you, or do you make sure to leave it till last minute to get the best deal possible?

Vote now and say which you do below. :)

it depends on how much i want a particular itinerary...if its for christmas/new year or a popular itinerary that gets booked up quickly, I book up early to guarantee I get what I want

the rest of the time (and because i can be flexible on when/where to go…and don’t need to do the school holidays anymore) i track the fares and if I see a bargain I go for it (usually about 6/8 weeks before departure)

i dont usually fall for the free ai/obc incentives for early bookers, the fare nearly always goes down (by the same amount) once the offers are withdrawn

I have noticed that recently no ta will beat the thoms online web price

february and november are low seasons and often bargains to be had last minute, particularly on re positioning cruises

i dont usually fall for the free ai/obc incentives for early bookers, the fare nearly always goes down (by the same amount) once the offers are withdrawn

Geo,your not suggesting that us early bookers are naive and are duped into booking early for AI/OBC?

Yes sometimes the fare comes down when the offer ends but not always and certainly not on a like for like basis eg flight,specific cabin/deck

I have noticed that recently no ta will beat the thoms online web price

Found the totally opposite where Thomson online or in shop cannot beat a TA

We book at various times could be a few month's before, like the Dream in September, however, the last one we went on we booked on late Sunday afternoon and went on the Tuesday, which is no doubt what we will do in the future, if the price is right. We can only do this because luckily we are now retired and the plan is to get all cruising gear together in the wardrobe and then just pack. Mind you, as we know, plans can sometimes go adrift, but hey we are always hopeful.:)

Mollythedolly:)

There is no set pattern to how and when we book.

We will book over a year if we think the price is good and have been

known to book with just over a couple of weeks to go to the sail date.

Certain times of the year we may see a few bargains but due to work and family matters sad to say do not go away.:(

So really could have done with a "when the fancy takes us " option to click on .:)

I book a year before.

Ok I admit the free AI is an incentive I want to fall for!

I book so far ahead to get free AI, the cabin of my choice, the airport near my home, and to arrange time off from work well in advance. I enjoy looking forward to it for months!

Yes I agree there are last minute bargains but if everybody waited till last minute the cruise might be cancelled! Isn't it only because most pay 'full' price that they can offer cut price bargains in order to try to fill remaining cabins on the ship.

Flopsy

I generally book far too early - want to know I'm going somewhere then sadly watch the price drop week by week (as it has done on our November cruise booked at New Year - £100 per person drop and A.I. still free)!!!

Last time booked just 4 weeks before departure - great deal. Would love to do this in future but know that once we are home in November I' ll be looking a year ahead again (no late deal cruises from our home port next year).

Always early as often need to make sure cabins together, flights, airport, ai and time of work, not allowed more than 2 off in office at a time, so don't want to fight for holiday time off

I agree with kalos :) Sometimes we book early. I booked my Fred cruise almost 2 years before as it was a special birthday ! Others I have booked within 3 months when you have to pay the whole amount straight away.

I always intend to wait until nearer the time, but I bet I shall be tempted tomorrow when I get the brochure :o:o