Southampton Boarding Times

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how strict the RC people are for boarding times on their boats. We are now being told that our deck does not board until after 3 pm when we had previously been told 11am. Actually states people will be turned away if not in their allocated times - is this true ?

Thanks

This was in my GTB for my forthcoming Adventure cruise (my bolding):

Dear Adventure of the Seas Guest,

To assist with your check-in and boarding experience at the City Cruise Terminal in Southampton, England for your Adventure of the Seas Cruise on 23 MAY 2014, please note the following recommendations:

We are currently making enhancements to the City Cruise Terminal in Southampton and seating space is extremely limited during this period. For this reason we will not be able to accommodate guests in the terminal before 11:00 AM. In order to enhance the check-in and boarding experience and to limit queues and waiting times, we have scheduled the below check-in appointments for our guests. Guests arriving before this time will be asked to return at their assigned check-in time.

Check-In Appointment Royal Caribbean International would like to offer the following check-in times to better enhance the check-in and boarding experience. Check-in will take place between 11:00 AM and 3:30 PM. We encourage and recommend guests arrive at the following designated times to limit queues and wait times. *

Deck 10 11:00 AM

Deck 9 11:30 PM

Deck 8 12:15 PM

Deck 7 1:15 PM

Deck 6 2:15 PM

Deck 2 & 3 3:15 PM

Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum Guests can check-in and board anytime at their convenience between the hours of 11:00 AM and 3:30 PM.

This also applies for any guests who have purchased Flights and/ or Transfers through Royal Caribbean International. Gold Members are asked to refer to their assigned check-in time.

We appreciate your assistance in trying to make the boarding process as efficient as possible.

Edited by little britain

This must be something new as I went twice on royal from Southampton in 2013 and there wasn't any mention of different arrival times. Both times we were in the terminal for 11.30 and anybody could walk straight on at that time.

This must be something new as I went twice on royal from Southampton in 2013 and there wasn't any mention of different arrival times. Both times we were in the terminal for 11.30 and anybody could walk straight on at that time.

We are on Indy leaving on 17th May and have the same thing with boarding times by deck number. I thought it might be because there are 6 ships departing that day so the port will be mega busy. We have not been given a set time on previous Southampton departures.

HMmmm I don't like the sound of this at all. We arrive in Southampton the night before staying in a hotel and have arranged transport to the terminal early in the morning. According to the times listed we can't board until after 3pm. while our friends can get on at 12pm. :mad: I do so hope that this will not be the case

HMmmm I don't like the sound of this at all. We arrive in Southampton the night before staying in a hotel and have arranged transport to the terminal early in the morning. According to the times listed we can't board until after 3pm. while our friends can get on at 12pm. :mad: I do so hope that this will not be the case

Their communication clearly says that there is work being done at the terminal and there is limited seating. Your choice.

Edited by little britain

Been on indy five times from southampton,arrived 10.30 every time,by the time you check in boarding starts at 11.00. Suite guests and top tier c&a members first then anyone after about 10 mins:)

Yeah I've been on the independence many times before and have even been the first on the ship a couple of times. This list of times is new this year, I hope they don't make us stick to the times if we are travelling in big mixed groups [emoji15]

Thought I would post this as it was on the Celebrity & Royal Caribbean FB page yesterday:

We had a pre season meeting at Southampton cruise terminal yesterday to run through the changes for this season.

The one that will affect lots of people is that they are changing the way pax board.

Check in times are being allocated by deck and even priority pax are being asked not to arrive until their deck time although they will still go through the priority line.

These changes are being made to RCI, Celebrity and Princess due to the problems being caused around the town by pax turning up earlier & earlier. If pax continue to ignore the ships requests not to arrive before their allocated times then we have been instructed to start turning them away and asking them to come back at the correct time.

Anybody who arrives by coach booked through the cruise line will have a check in time allocated when they board coach and it will fit in with the time the coach is due to arrive at the terminal.

Guests who book pre cruise hotel through cruise line will be given check in time at hotel reception.

Pax who arrive early will be able to drop off luggage and park car but will then be told to return to terminal later.

I'll find out what happens next Sunday as I board Adventure of the Seas!

I am boarding Adventure on the 4th May and just received this email from Royal Caribbean as there was nothing mentioned in our e-docs:

We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on Adventure of the Seas on May 4th, 2014. Due to large scale roadwork taking place near City Cruise Terminal, we strongly recommend using Dock Gate 10 to enter the port. Driving directions can be found in your Guest Ticket Booklet. Live updates are also available on BBC Radio Solent 96.1FM or by following @scchighways on Twitter.

To facilitate the check-in process at Southampton, we kindly ask you to check in online at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin if you have not done so already. Furthermore, we would like to point out the below check-in appointments that have been arranged to make your embarkation experience a smooth one. Due to very limited seating in the terminal, guests arriving before their assigned time will be asked to return at their assigned check-in time:

Deck 10 at 11:00AM

Deck 9 at 11:30 AM

Deck 8 at 12:15 PM

Deck 7 at 1:15 PM

Deck 6 at 2:15 PM

Deck 2&3 at 3:15 PM

Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum Guests can check-in anytime at their convenience between the hours of 11:00am and 3:30pm. Gold Members are asked to refer to their assigned check-in time as shown above. We appreciate your assistance and thank you for your understanding.

We are aware of people who were told to embark at 3.45pm when the ship sailed at 4.30pm. How does that work - by the time you get through the checks and onboard it is time for Muster Drill ------ if you haven't missed it.

It seems totally ridiculous -----

And I really object to being made to board a ship 2 hours after people who have only paid as much for the cruise, if not less, than we have.

Why can't they have the time you board as a perk of booking early? The earlier you book, the best chance you get of picking your time of embarkation.

Just a thought.

Interesting to see how this goes. looking forward to updates from those sailing in May onwards.

For our Cruise (AOS - 20th July) we're in a cheap hotel in Southampton on Sat night, and have to check out by 11am

This was arranged so we could go straight to port, drop luggage and get on board.

If it is just during the works I'm REALLY REALLY hoping they will be done and back to usual by July.

We are boarding on Sunday so will update afterwards.

It does sound like they are going to be strict with this, everyone on our roll call got the email already posted and there was a link to click so they could see you had read it. Those who did not click the link straight away were resent the email every hour until they acknowledged it.

It also stated your individual boarding time on the printed out setsail pass.

Julie

• 2 weeks later...
Thought I would post this as it was on the Celebrity & Royal Caribbean FB page yesterday:

We had a pre season meeting at Southampton cruise terminal yesterday to run through the changes for this season.

The one that will affect lots of people is that they are changing the way pax board.

Check in times are being allocated by deck and even priority pax are being asked not to arrive until their deck time although they will still go through the priority line.

These changes are being made to RCI, Celebrity and Princess due to the problems being caused around the town by pax turning up earlier & earlier. If pax continue to ignore the ships requests not to arrive before their allocated times then we have been instructed to start turning them away and asking them to come back at the correct time.

Anybody who arrives by coach booked through the cruise line will have a check in time allocated when they board coach and it will fit in with the time the coach is due to arrive at the terminal.

Guests who book pre cruise hotel through cruise line will be given check in time at hotel reception.

Pax who arrive early will be able to drop off luggage and park car but will then be told to return to terminal later.

I'll find out what happens next Sunday as I board Adventure of the Seas!

Anyone turned away for being early

Our boarding time last week was 2:15 but we were there just after 11:30 and had no problems boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's good to know.

I do see what they're trying to do but many people who travel a distance would not dare leave it so close to embarkation time to arrive in S'ton so could end up with a lot of cars clogging up the roads while they wait for their arrival times.