Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

Thanks for your great review, I am really enjoying your pictures and stories. You have a talent for it.

I have to wait until July to get on the Dream but at least most of our winter is over.

I love your door decorations. Honestly, it would be to much work for me to do it, but if I ever did come upon your door, I would write on it.

I look forward to reading more about your cruise.

I have flown out of Bloomington. Usually I don't fly. We take the train to our cruises and other places.

I would love to talk with you more because my dad and I are thinking about taking the train for the first time to New Orleans in December for our cruise on the Dream. It would be about $260.00 per person round-trip to take the train.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your great review, I am really enjoying your pictures and stories. You have a talent for it.

I have to wait until July to get on the Dream but at least most of our winter is over.

I love your door decorations. Honestly, it would be to much work for me to do it, but if I ever did come upon your door, I would write on it.

I look forward to reading more about your cruise.

Thank You so much. I truly enjoy putting these reviews together when we return from our cruise.

The door decorations are a lot of fun. Plus it makes for an easy way to find your cabin door at night.

Enjoy your cruise on the Dream in July. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the review

Thank You so much. I truly enjoy putting these reviews together when we return from our cruise.

The door decorations are a lot of fun. Plus it makes for an easy way to find your cabin door at night.

Enjoy your cruise on the Dream in July. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the review

Psttttt Brianna wake up and please add more here lol I'm looking forward to reading more of your review. It's like reliving the cruise and seeing the parts of the story that we missed!!! No time for sleep sleepy head!!

Psttttt Brianna wake up and please add more here lol I'm looking forward to reading more of your review. It's like reliving the cruise and seeing the parts of the story that we missed!!! No time for sleep sleepy head!!

Good morning Betty. :) As a matter of fact you did wake me up this morning when I received a notification from cruise critic that I had a new comment on my review. That was a much better wake up than an alarm clock any day.

I absolutely despise alarm clocks :p I mean who invented those things in the first place. :rolleyes:

OK back to the review....now where was I :)

After the tour the guide dropped us off right at the terminal and we headed back to the ship to get cleaned up and headed to dinner. The dining room was only about a third full when we arrived around 7:30 pm but when we left at 8:45 pm there was a line to enter the dining room for your time dining that stretched all the way back to the Atrium Bar area. People were getting back onboard and heading to dinner.

I told my dad that I was glad that we decided to come back onboard instead of heading back out to Senor Frogs. We had a relaxing evening. Once dinner was over we head up to Lido Deck to watch the movie on the Seaside Theater...it was "Trouble with a Curve." We have been on ships in the past that had the big screen but we never sat down to watch a movie. This was fun....we had popcorn and enjoyed the movie

Now cruise ships don't do it often enough but I wish they stayed in port longer at night to night landscape pictures of the port city and of the ship. We were in port in Aruba from 1:00-10:00 pm

CarnivalDream-April42014326_zpsd9279f67.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014327_zpsd37fe56f.jpg

A little fuzzy

CarnivalDream-April42014328_zps44801c89.jpg

It was pretty seeing the lights reflect off the water

CarnivalDream-April42014329_zps6c8626d6.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014330_zpscc98462d.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014332_zps6239dfea.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014333_zps295a5162.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014334_zps2b95b684.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014335_zps7d3027e2.jpg

Remember the picture of the airport that I posted earlier. This was the runway (there are only 2 at the airport). Notice how short it is....hopefully the Pilot throws down the skids in time....otherwise it is gonna be a wet landing :eek:

CarnivalDream-April42014337_zpscfe7dbb8.jpg

After watching us pull out of port in Aruba we stayed up on deck for awhile before we decided to call it a night. We were pooped and ready for bed but not before a stop to get an ice cream cone and a hot chocolate

CarnivalDream-April42014340_zpse68d091a.jpg

The ice cream machines were so convenient to our cabin....that was a very nice convenience

CarnivalDream-April42014341_zpsd039acce.jpg

I want one of these Hot Chocolate machines at work ;)

CarnivalDream-April42014342_zpsa06bfa7f.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014322_zps0fc4d7f2.jpg

A little frog was waiting for our return to the cabin

Well that is the end of Day #4 onboard the Carnival Dream....next day was another Day at Sea :D and our visit to the Steakhouse for Dinner

Thank You. We definitely liked the Dream.....there were a few things that we didn't care for that we have come accustomed to on other Carnival ships. But each ship has it's own quirks.

I am gonna book the Carnival Victory for October 18th.......It's a 5-day going to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, and Nassau. October 19th is my birthday and I've always wanted to be on a cruise for my Birthday. My dad and I are gonna go on the Liberty Eastern Caribbean itinerary in March.

I hope you continue to enjoy the review.

NOOOOOOO book the Freedom 10/13/14!! I want to meet you and sail with you too! Or Breeze Feb 8 2015!!!!! We would be best friends!! I just know it!

It would eb so much fun to do a Bday cruise. We cruised over my son's bday once. And will this coming year too but he wont be joining I'm sure.

Well Day #5 had arrived and we were gonna take it easy onboard today. We went to breakfast on the Lido because there were a few activities going on this morning that I wanted to go to.

CarnivalDream-April52014127_zpsc3160c15.jpg

My papa :)

CarnivalDream-April52014128_zps39ac7c74.jpg

After breakfast we headed to the Fun Shops because they were having a sale on t-shirts. We got a couple. People hear the word sale and they go crazy :eek: It's like every man, woman, and child are on their own

CarnivalDream-April52014129_zpsfa322eb6.jpg

Have I mentioned how much I love the Atrium on the Dream

CarnivalDream-April52014130_zps74cb9bdf.jpg

I bet that doesn't happen too often throughout the cruise....all 4 elevators on the same floor. Quick someone start pushing the buttons

CarnivalDream-April52014131_zps3ecfdddc.jpg

Not sure what was so funny here....:p

It was now getting close to 10:00 am so it was time to head to the Ocean Plaza for some morning trivia.

CarnivalDream-April52014132_zpsbd057fdc.jpg

This is my dad's game face....everyone better watch out :p He came to play today

CarnivalDream-April42014349_zps7033b928.jpg

The game face worked because here is the proof.....2 wins at morning trivia. We won playing Geography Trivia and Carnival Fun Ship trivia :)

After playing trivia we headed for some lunch. We wanted to eat lite today because we were going to the Steakhouse tonight for dinner

We left the Ocean Plaza area and were walking along promenade area when we noticed the Salad Bar that they have out along Promenade Deck. I loved this Salad Bar....we ate lunch here a few times throughout the cruise once we found it

CarnivalDream-April42014344_zps07aa73ea.jpg

You told the guy what you wanted and he made it for you

CarnivalDream-April42014345_zpse741a00a.jpg

The first time we ate here I had a salad and a turkey wrap

CarnivalDream-April42014346_zpsead6fda2.jpg

The salad was very good. Good job here Carnival. Not everyone enjoys going up to Lido for Lunch or want the big lunch in the MDR.

CarnivalDream-April42014347_zpsf4e313b4.jpg

Can't forget dessert :) :p

Edited by wrigley80

NOOOOOOO book the Freedom 10/13/14!! I want to meet you and sail with you too! Or Breeze Feb 8 2015!!!!! We would be best friends!! I just know it!

It would eb so much fun to do a Bday cruise. We cruised over my son's bday once. And will this coming year too but he wont be joining I'm sure.

I was just looking at some last minute rates for travel agents and if my boss will let me off work I may book the Liberty for next weekend. Its only $169.00 per person for an inside :eek:

I'd love to be friends with ya :) You can never have enough friends

Yes it was a very fun tour and well worth the money. What'd you guys do in Aruba?? Maybe you'll see yourself in another one of my pictures.... Hehe

Thank-You. I hope you continue to enjoy the review

We took the public bus & went to Eagle beach. It was super windy, but all 11 of us had so much fun! Then some of us walked around a few shops downtown. I'll keep looking for us in your pics :). I'm so jealous you already have 2 cruises to look forward to!

CarnivalDream-April42014348_zps8855b02a.jpg

After lunch we headed back to the Ocean Plaza to play one more round of trivia....no luck winning on this one

Once trivia was over we headed outside to sit on the Lanai for a while. I order a Twilight Zone and we sat down for a while with our new friends Peggy, Laura, and Octavia from the roll call. I really started something with the Twilight Zone because Octavia and Peggy both ordered one.

We took the public bus & went to Eagle beach. It was super windy, but all 11 of us had so much fun! Then some of us walked around a few shops downtown. I'll keep looking for us in your pics :). I'm so jealous you already have 2 cruises to look forward to!

That's the beach we stopped at on our tour. Wasn't that beach nice?? It was very windy....when we were on the beach the sand was blowing....man the sand hurts when it is blowing around

Good morning Betty. :) As a matter of fact you did wake me up this morning when I received a notification from cruise critic that I had a new comment on my review. That was a much better wake up than an alarm clock any day.

I absolutely despise alarm clocks :p I mean who invented those things in the first place. :rolleyes:

Glad I could help you wake up :) if you forward your number to me I can think of many creative wake up calls that might get you moving in the mornings lol you need to set up an alarm with a ships horn lol

Glad I could help you wake up :) if you forward your number to me I can think of many creative wake up calls that might get you moving in the mornings lol you need to set up an alarm with a ships horn lol

I used to have the ships horn as my ringtone on my phone but when I switched phones I lost it. I need to get it back :p :)

I was just looking at some last minute rates for travel agents and if my boss will let me off work I may book the Liberty for next weekend. Its only $169.00 per person for an inside :eek:

I'd love to be friends with ya :) You can never have enough friends

How can you NOT go for that price!! Man I need to move near a port living in MN costs me so much to get there. I have never sen deals that low but I ahve seen deals. Its the airfare that gets me!

How can you NOT go for that price!! Man I need to move near a port living in MN costs me so much to get there. I have never sen deals that low but I ahve seen deals. Its the airfare that gets me!

Yeah no kidding the airfare will be way more than the cruise. When you live in the middle of nowhere (Illinois for me and Minnesota for you) airfare is what gets ya every time.