Port Canaveral 2016

kelkel2

Does anyone know what's going on with Port Canaveral in 2016? I'm very intrigued with Port Canaveral as I can get cheap airfare there and all that is showing up right now for sailings out of PC is the Liberty. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the Liberty, but I really want to try new ships and new ports.

I've tried reading, but I'm just not sure, with the new ship coming in 2016 at some point are they just not releasing stuff yet or do you guys know anything??

The Sunshine is already in Port Canaveral!!!

My sister-in-law sails on her a week from this Friday on an 8 day. I think she arrived a couple of weeks ago (or less)

Liberty is there too........the Dream has been moved to New Orleans....

does anyone know what's going on with port canaveral in 2016? I'm very intrigued with port canaveral as i can get cheap airfare there and all that is showing up right now for sailings out of pc is the liberty. Now, don't get me wrong, i loved the liberty, but i really want to try new ships and new ports.

I've tried reading, but i'm just not sure, with the new ship coming in 2016 at some point are they just not releasing stuff yet or do you guys know anything??

hi-----i understand--the--sunshine is now at the port--it has been done all over---was the destiny----and now is like a sparking new ship---we have reservations on it--for january--15----try it--you will like it----happy cruising---irene and john---know as jugger

the carnival sunshine will be cruising out of port canaveral in 2016 but the schedule has not been posted yet. We plan on cruising on sunshine in feb 2016

hi----just to let you know----the sunshine---is already sailing out of port canaveral-----and we have reservations for jan--15---irene and john--

I'm thinking the itineraries just must not be out yet for 2016? I don't really need to book this far out, and likely won't, but I can't wait to see the options! Hopefully they will be similar to 2015's because I like the options. I wish I could do 2015 but I already missed the time off deadline and with working at a hospital, they aren't too forgiving with that :mad:

Just found this on line as I remembered another line coming to Port C.

PORT CANAVERAL, FL - February 28, 2014 – Canaveral Port Authority next month expects to sign contracts with Norwegian and Royal Caribbean cruise lines after recently reaching terms that expand commitments from both companies.

The agreement with Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is a multi-year deal that would continue port of call visits from the Breakaway and Gem for the next three years, with options for two additional years. In addition, NCL also will homeport a ship at Port Canaveral in 2015-2016 for a partial-year deployment.

There are some exciting changes gong on at Port Caniveral. This includes a brand new observation tower and there are plans to build an amphtheatre. In addition, the restaurants in the Port will be upgraded. The port is being widened with a new cruise terminal and there are expectations that RCCL will be using Port Caniveral as a home port for one of their Mega Ships.

In addition, Coca Beach has been widened.

Port Caniveral is a good alternative if you want a warm water port while avoiding the Miami Area.

Attempting to wrap my brain around that one.

They dredge up sand from the ocean and deposit it on the beach, thereby making the beach larger.

Beaches become "smaller" as erosion pulls the sand back out into the water.

Edited by Strmwatch

Just found this on line as I remembered another line coming to Port C.

PORT CANAVERAL, FL - February 28, 2014 – Canaveral Port Authority next month expects to sign contracts with Norwegian and Royal Caribbean cruise lines after recently reaching terms that expand commitments from both companies.

The agreement with Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is a multi-year deal that would continue port of call visits from the Breakaway and Gem for the next three years, with options for two additional years. In addition, NCL also will homeport a ship at Port Canaveral in 2015-2016 for a partial-year deployment.

The ship will be NCL's Spirit, due to start east and west itineraries starting November 21, 2015. Will be here 5 or 6 months.

Not quite sure what that means.

The Army Core of Engineers is currently dredging the approach to Port Caniveral to deepen the channel so that Mega Ships will be able to dock. They have used the sand to widen the beach, simply put there is more beach area.