Ama Danube cruise option tours

jojocmcla

In several ports there are optional tours...what I call "either/or" tours. Sometimes, I wish I could do all of them. With that said, what has been your experience with the following options. Did you do one and wish you'd done the other?

Nuremberg: World War II Tour OR Medieval Nuremberg Tour (both morning)

Regensburg: Regensburg Walking Tour (a.m.) and/or Weltenburg Abbey (p.m.)

Passau: Passau Walking Tour (a.m.) Bike ride along Inn River (a.m.)

There is also a Salzburg Tour; but, I've decided not to do that one.

Melk: Melk Abbey (a.m.) OR Danube Bide Ride (a.m.)

And, I do plan to attend the Mozart/Strauss Concert that evening.

Vienna: Vienna City Tour (a.m.) OR Sacher Torte & wine tasting (a.m.)AND/OR

Schonbrunn Palace (p.m.)

OR Bike Ride to Klosterneuberg Abbey (p.m.)

Budapest: City Tour (a.m. 4 hrs) We're extending 3 days in Budapest.

OR Goulash making tour (a.m.)

Edited by jojocmcla

Your cruise must be earlier than mine as it sounds like you have received AMA documents.

Do you book the optional tours before you go or when you get on board. I know I want to do the WW ll. tour in Nuremburg

Yes, we fly to Prague next Monday. We've had our travel documents about a month. I was surprised they came so early. I think most of these tours you can just decided that day, or, maybe the day before; except for one that you may have to pay extra for, like the Mozart concert.

Your cruise must be earlier than mine as it sounds like you have received AMA documents.

Do you book the optional tours before you go or when you get on board. I know I want to do the WW ll. tour in Nuremburg

and just what WE LIKE,so suggestions only.

Nuremburg,,,WW tour

Regensburg,,walking tour(then go on own with guidebook)

Passau..walking tour,,and same as above

Melk..Abbey tour

Vienna..city tour and Palace,,both great.

Budapest...city tour, and glad you booked extra days.Great city and now going back in June since we missed so much with only 1 day there.

PS.Some liked the bike tours,but I passed this time.Good option in some places.:)

I am not sailing until July, and have not received final docs. Once we made final payment, I was able to go on to the AMA site, complete a short registration, then view all of the choices for the optional and limited edition tours. As far as the daily "either or options' I believe I was able to view them under the "detailed itinerary" tab. (Sorry I am on the road with limited data capability, or I would link.)

So many choices!

it was sad,but very informative. We are both WW 2 history buffs and wanted to see at least one of the camps(least distressing than Auscwitz) since no crematoriums.

Do google it and you can see it and read history ahead of time.

Had great guides(one on bus from AMA and others in ea.bldg.)

It was handled very well by all.Glad I went,but do see in advance if its for you.

We had 3 days in Prague pre cruise and thus able to see most of the sites there,plus this .;)

We're doing the 3 day pre-cruise in Prague, too. Pray we can fly out of here on Monday morning. We're supposed to have severe storms. I just want us and our luggage to make it on time to catch our flight from Atlanta to Paris.

it was sad,but very informative. We are both WW 2 history buffs and wanted to see at least one of the camps(least distressing than Auscwitz) since no crematoriums.

Do google it and you can see it and read history ahead of time.

Had great guides(one on bus from AMA and others in ea.bldg.)

It was handled very well by all.Glad I went,but do see in advance if its for you.

We had 3 days in Prague pre cruise and thus able to see most of the sites there,plus this .;)