Ocean View Cabins

davekathy

We cruised for 17 nights in 7108 which is a FV forward facing family ocean view (with balcony) cabin next to the forward facing ocean view cabins. The only noise was as mentioned on the previous post. When docking and leaving the noise is akin to having someone operating a jackhammer in your bed - and I may be underestimating :p . If you are an early riser it may not be as bad as this often happened between 5-6 am.

At all other times the cabin was extremely quiet with other cabins above and below and no corridor traffic. I don't know this for certain, but would expect that the area on deck 9 above the deck 8 forward cabins is the captains and officers cabins as these are typically located directly below the bridge.

We had very calm seas the whole time so didn't experience any wave banging, but I imagine you would here this in rougher seas. I actually don't mind that sound - makes you feel like you are actually on a ship, which is becoming less common as the ship sizes keep increasing.

The forward view can be interesting particularly when entering and leaving a port.

We had a peek in the ocean view cabins next door and I think they were a little larger than a regular oceanview due to the steeply sloping front wall and window.

Cheers

Ando

Edited by Ando