Fulfilling documentation for baby - how?

agridealer

ANyone have any input on how to fulfill the document needs for a 10 month old and a 20 month old on Norwegian? I believe all requirements are the same, birth certificate and Photo ID. The Photo ID thing is a tough one, and not interested in getting her a Passport this year. What did anyone else do?

cruising 11/20-27, so are ahead of new passport req's. Not certain how soon our next cruise with baby will be, and with the shortened lifespan of infant/child passports, only going to get one if absolutely needed. Anyone know what other options exist/or you've personally used?

There are no options for anyone who cruises after December 31, 2005. Everyone, regardless of age, will be required to have a passport. If you don't have one, you will not be allowed to board the ship.

As for now, all you need is a certified state birth certificate. Not a hospital certificate, but the official state certificate. Anyone under age 16 does NOT need a photo ID.

Darcie let me tell you what happened to my kids and picture ID at Port Everglades 2/05. Both were asked for picture ID not a problem for the 15 year old she had her school ID with her but the 7 year old doesn't have a school ID. I was told she would have to be taken to another room with only Princess and port authority employees and asked questions. Just before they took her I remembered that I had a t-ball baseball card in my purse that had her name printed on the front of it. They took that as an ID and didn't make her go with them.

Now I don't think they will do anything with a baby but I were the mother I would get the passport and take the hit on the fact that they might not need it again before it expires and look at it as at least the renewal price will be cheaper then the original.

Darcie let me tell you what happened to my kids and picture ID at Port Everglades 2/05. Both were asked for picture ID not a problem for the 15 year old she had her school ID with her but the 7 year old doesn't have a school ID. I was told she would have to be taken to another room with only Princess and port authority employees and asked questions. Just before they took her I remembered that I had a t-ball baseball card in my purse that had her name printed on the front of it. They took that as an ID and didn't make her go with them.

Now I don't think they will do anything with a baby but I were the mother I would get the passport and take the hit on the fact that they might not need it again before it expires and look at it as at least the renewal price will be cheaper then the original.

Check with your cruise line and airline, most do not require picture ID for kids under the age of 16.

. . . get the passport and take the hit on the fact that they might not need it again before it expires and look at it as at least the renewal price will be cheaper then the original.

Just FYI, you cannot "renew" a US Child passport. Technically you apply again. Same fees as the original. Although a "child" passport does expire more quickly than an "adult", the fees are somewhat lower.

cjh, were you traveling with your children as a single parent or did you have a full in-tact family? If it was just you with your children, that might explain why you were asked for photo ID's. For some reason, the cruise lines sometimes get a little nervous when one parent is sailing with the kids. I've traveled on Princess with family members who had kids ranging in age from 3 to 17 and they didn't ask for photo ID's from any of the kids who were under age 16.

I am a single adoptive parent but my father that also has the same last name travels with us so people assume when they see the name that the girls are ours. Also, there is no father listed on their birth certificates that say I'm their mother.

Archived