Getaway Reservations for shows/dinners

We are officially 44 days out from an upcoming sailing on the Getaway. I thought I've read somewhere that at 45 days out you can start to reserve shows and dinners. I wanted to reserve the Illusionarium and maybe the Legally Blond show and start planning out the entertainment on our days but the NCL website under our reservation says that you can reserve shows on June 11th or something (we sail June 7th) . Does that make sense? maybe you don't do it online but instead have to call NCL? Anyone with any firsthand experience? Thanks.

Keep trying. The ability to make reservations does not happen at 12am on the 45th day. Sometimes it takes a while. NCL's IT department is not the best. If you are at 44 days, you should be able to do it sometime today. I assume you are logged in on MyNCL on the website. You can always call NCL and inquire if there is a problem and make your reservations by phone.

Agreed, if you can't do it online, just call the number that's on the MyNCL page. The people there will make your reservations and you'll get an email confirmation almost immediately. I think there are separate numbers for dining and show reservations though.

The Illusionarium is free the first night for the first two ppl in the cabin. We were able to book online yesterday. We are on the same sailing as you. Call if its not working online.

I read this, then went to book it. $24.99 popped up? How do I get it for free?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just call! The agent will be able to make the reservation for you. I think they have a special line for reservations for ppl who booked through a TA. I called to add ppl to our reservation and was transferred to it. The girl I talked to didn't even know about it at first but she was able to add another cabin with the deal.

Yes - yesterday was 44 days out and after a couple attempts I was able to book entertainment reservations online yesterday, whatever happened online corrected itself. So while I am set, a few thoughts about some of the above posts.

1) Before the online was working for me, I did call NCl and asked if I could make the entertainment reservations over the phone with them. -"No" was the answer I got, have to do online. Maybe I just got an uninformed agent?

2) Free Illusionarium show? That's the first I've heard of that. Anyone else experience that? I did hear somewhere that they discount it $5 the first night. Either way I booked it for the first night online and figured if there's a promotion that I miss I can try to get it back while on board, but at least we (group of 7) are booked for it.

Thanks.

The Illusionarium is free the first night for the first two ppl in the cabin. We were able to book online yesterday. We are on the same sailing as you. Call if its not working online.

Isn't this only for people who have purchased UDP?

It's free the first night for anyone who has the UDP. Previously there was a 20% discount for the first night. That might still be in place, but it was always credited once onboard. So you'd pay the full price now, then ask for adjustment when you are on the ship if they still do the 20% off for first night.

We are booked for the early show on your/our cruise. See you there!

Edited by LrgPizza

Is the UDP the drink or dining package, you are talking about?

I guess it doesn't matter, since I have both.

I don't sail until September, but if it's free I would like know so I can reserve as soon as I am allowed online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums