Bad Reviews

How do you know they do? :confused: Lots of reviews get posted on these boards, some more negative than others. If the comments get out of line, the entire thread may be deleted, but it doesn't seem to be because of the review itself.

Why Does Cruise Critic Ax Bad Reviews?

I For One Will Go Elsewhere For My Information Which I Need To Be Fair

Hmm...am relatively new here myself, and have picked up lots of cruising tips, but as far as reviews go: seems when a negative comment regarding a sailing is posted, better be wearing flame-retardant clothes! Not sure why...I am a positive person and will ALWAYS find a silver lining, but also want to know what the cons are to plan realistically. ANY negative impression of ANYTHING on a cruise here seems to ignite name-calling (always referred to at least once in posts as "whiners"--is a whole tongue-in-cheek thread on this right now) and scorn from some on the boards. I don't share some people's sense of entitlement, nor do I enjoy the company of those who seem to live for finding something to gripe about, but do want an honest assessment from as many as possible. I don't know that CC "axes" bad reviews specifically, but does "poof" threads that degenerate too much...

Why Does Cruise Critic Ax Bad Reviews?

I For One Will Go Elsewhere For My Information Which I Need To Be Fair

I think both positive and negative reviews are posted, however the negative ones get more activity :D

I also think that the word "critic" brings out some negative threads, especially from those who happen to find this board after their "horrible" cruise :rolleyes:

Take everything with a grain of salt, as someone stated earlier on a different thread, some see the glass half full, some half empty!

Have fun planning :)

###

Are we talking "Review" reviews, or just posts and threads with complaints? I've read many times that CC is a bit slow to post the "official" reviews that people submit.

But, if it's thread "poofing", I don't know. Usually, it isn't anything negative about the cruise that gets it poofed; it's someone getting nasty and ugly in a post.

You know, I've posted here for quite a while and just now officially read the GUIDELINES, that are linked on each board. They are VERY informative and VERY fair, in my opinion. I think everyone should read them to familiarize themselves with the policies and suggestions from those who run the boards...plus they answer a WHOLE bunch of questions about why things are and are not removed from here. ;)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm

Policies are fair written, but I have yet to figure out the pattern for their application. Some threads have profanity in them, and have the single purpose of making sport of those in disagreement, yet other threads that appear to contain very civil discussions are being pulled :confused:

The true negative "reviews" are not pulled. Go to the review section of this site and you will find so many negative reviews that I have to laugh. Some of these bad reviews started when someone's flight was delayed...and then they got off on the wrong foot. Or they were so mad that the baggage handlers kept their hand out for more money that they seemed to let it color their entire trip.

If you mean reviews in the message boards, I've seen plenty that haven't been pulled. When it gets to be insults thrown back and forth, then they are pulled.

Very true about the actual "review" page. I read so many bad ones, I was feeling some trepidation after picking the NOS for our first cruise. Was definitely not true of our sailing--we had a wonderful time on a great ship!

The threads? Hmmm..not so sure that's entirely the case--the last one that was pulled didn't appear to break any of the rules posted in the community guide, while there are still some here that violate several. Possibly other factors involved also--number of complaints, etc.??

Archived