OK, I'm Stupid. Is FTTF Really Worth It?

dljones

Just to avoid the nasty comments I admit upfront I'm stupid. :p

Now to the question, is FTTF really worth it? What does it get you? Do I buy one ticket for the cabin or one ticket for each passenger?

Now to the question, is FTTF really worth it? What does it get you? Do I buy one ticket for the cabin or one ticket for each passenger?

never feel stupid to ask a question - :)

I do think it is a personal issue - I for one used if on our Feb. Cruise and LOVED it, you buy it per cabin not per person.

I also think it depends on the port and the feedback about embarkation at that port. You get priority boarding after Diamonds, Plat, VIP's. Most ports also have a seperate line for you to go thru that puts you in the front of other.

You can do directly to your room (even if doors are closed to cabins, you can open and go in) and put down your carryons, soda, water ,etc and your bags should be delivered early.

If you have a tender port, you get priority tenders, and priority disembarkation.

You also have a special line at guest services (which is a great perk).

I am sure I am forgetting something, I just purchased for our 3 cabins for our upcoming Freedom cruise and think it is worth it!

Tam

You are NOT stupid, and if anyone thinks you are for asking this question, I can only assume they are.

I have not done it yet (hoping to get it on my next cruise) but to me, it would be worth it for the priority boarding and getting my room ready early. I don't check luggage so it would be nice to be able to drop my bags off. You only need to purchase one per cabin, and it's good for everyone in that cabin.

Hope this helps.

We did it last cruise and loved it as well. I like being able to drop off our items ASAP we arrive in ship, priority boarding & tenders, and for the faster line at guest services. Though I do believe it depends on the port as well.

No, I'm not stupid lol... I'm just avoiding the posters who seem it is worth their time to insult people for not knowing something or asking a simple question which no doubt, has been asked 100 times in the past. There is ONE ticket left for my booking.

It is a personal decision as to whether is it "worth it" or not. For us it is VERY worth it!! We love getting on the ship early and we love getting off the ship early!

It is also nice to have the cabin ready when we get on board and to have the option to get onto tenders without waiting for numbers to be called. Mr.Riffatsea hates waiting and lines and so for us getting a "you go first" (or almost first) ticket is way worth it!

You just buy one for the whole cabin even though it asks for someone's name when you buy.

It is very confusing, even if you know you only pay by the cabin. When it asks you what guests you want to add, only add 1 per stateroom. It charges you for each person you add. This will be our first cruise with it, so I don't know yet if it is worth it. If I get to skip lines it will be :)

No, I'm not stupid lol... I'm just avoiding the posters who seem it is worth their time to insult people for not knowing something or asking a simple question which no doubt, has been asked 100 times in the past. There is ONE ticket left for my booking.

I completely understand - you are right - some people on these boards are just plain nasty sometimes when they answer people's questions. Don't worry though - you asked and were answered nicely - hope it helps you to make your decision.

It is very confusing, even if you know you only pay by the cabin. When it asks you what guests you want to add, only add 1 per stateroom. It charges you for each person you add. This will be our first cruise with it, so I don't know yet if it is worth it. If I get to skip lines it will be :)

If I get confused when doing something on-line I just call Carnival - even better if you have a PVP - and ask them to do It for you. Stay on the line with them and make sure you know what you are charged. Easy. Hopefully, this is something that they can do for you. If not, then you are on your own I guess.

Edited by Chrisp414

The only line on our last cruise I minded was the 1.5 hours we stood in line to board a tender back from Belize City. But we met some lovely people that we had drinks with later so it wasn't a "waste".

But ppl who've bought it seem to love it, so there ya go!

no, i'm not stupid lol... I'm just avoiding the posters who seem it is worth their time to insult people for not knowing something or asking a simple question which no doubt, has been asked 100 times in the past. there is one ticket left for my booking.

Take It!!!!! :D:D

Edited by Fitzget

Right beside where it says Guests to add It also says only 1 FTTF needed per cabin.

I am sure It asks which guests are buying it because some have more than one cabin booked but agree its a bit confusing and I am sure many have paid more than they needed;)

My question is: How easy is it to use?

Is FTTF stamped on the Sign & Sail card or something? How does it work? The main reasons for us to use FTTF is the benefit of having a room early & the ability to leave the ship faster at the tendered ports.. and maybe even use the express customer service line.

But, I'm concerned the work it'll take to figure out when & where to be will cancel out the perks & I might as well just stand in a line...How organized is the process?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it can depend which itinerary you have. I considered it, but we have no tender ports and will not be ready to board the ship early as we will be flying in that morning. For this trip for us I don't think it would be worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If I get confused when doing something on-line I just call Carnival - even better if you have a PVP - and ask them to do It for you. Stay on the line with them and make sure you know what you are charged. Easy. Hopefully, this is something that they can do for you. If not, then you are on your own I guess.

I wish I saw this thread prior to my hiccup with my purchase. I went online to buy the FTTF and there was wording which stated excursions which this is listed über is one per passenger. After I completed the transaction I saw a note which said only one needed per cabin. I called Carnival and after listening to the music the person who came on the line did not know how I could get a refund and sent me to someone else. The person was not the happiest person but he did fix it online and then said I would receive accredit in 7-10 days. No Carnival will not change the order page to advise cruisers only one pass needed per stateroom. He said they get many calls about the issue. The Carnival rep said there is no confirmation for changes. Needless to say based on my less than "great customer service" I will watch my account for the credit. Good news I was reminded to always check CC first!

So, how exactly does it work in terms of lines? Who do you show your FTTF

"pass" to? I've never seen a priority tender line to get off or on the ship for example or noticed a FTTF line for Guest Services. :confused:

We used it earlier this month and it was totally worth it! We got to skip that never ending line to check in. :) Then when we walked straight through the waiting area where they call you to board we were able to go straight to the ship from there. :D You feel like a celebrity cutting lines. lol It was really helpful when we had to go to guest services, there was never a line as long as we had that nice little sticker on the back of our card. We had two tender ports, that alone made it worth the money in my opinion. You go to guest services and they walk you down to board the tender. So all in all I would definitely do it again!

We used it earlier this month and it was totally worth it! We got to skip that never ending line to check in. :) Then when we walked straight through the waiting area where they call you to board we were able to go straight to the ship from there. :D You feel like a celebrity cutting lines. lol It was really helpful when we had to go to guest services, there was never a line as long as we had that nice little sticker on the back of our card. We had two tender ports, that alone made it worth the money in my opinion. You go to guest services and they walk you down to board the tender. So all in all I would definitely do it again!

What about getting back on board from a tender point?

For our first cruise we purchased FTTF after reading online forums about it and I'm so glad that I did...hence purchasing it for our upcoming cruise. Thank goodness I booked when I did because FTTF was sold out the next day. It is so worth it to us because I really do like having our room ready upon boarding. I also like getting on the ship quicker and earlier, although I'm not sure how early we will be able to get on at the Port of Baltimore. Our first cruise was out of Miami and we were on the ship by around 11:00am or so. I also like the shorter line at Guest Services...and with this upcoming cruise, we will be tendering at one of our ports. If you want FTTF though, you gotta get it quick...it sells out fast! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only line on our last cruise I minded was the 1.5 hours we stood in line to board a tender back from Belize City. But we met some lovely people that we had drinks with later so it wasn't a "waste".

But ppl who've bought it seem to love it, so there ya go!

A follow up question... Is there priority tendering BACK to the ship or just when going ashore?

Never mind- just read the earlier post.

I also learned an important tip on CC today- even though your luggage tags say FTTF make sure you get the porter to put the Orange Priority tape on your bags before you give them over. This will help ensuring your bags arrive early!

Edited by Shaded Lady

in any event, im truly surprised there is still, never a line up, usually no one, maybe one in line.

This is because the number of FTTF available is limited. I think JH said they only sell 15-30 FTTF cabins per cruise, and it depends on how many platinum & diamond cruisers there are for that sailing as to how many FTTF they release. So, even though there are people paying for stuff they didn't earn, Carnival still controls the numbers so that there are still true perks for those that have earned it.

I bought it for my cruise coming up this Monday. It's my first cruise and I initially didn't completely understand the logistics of cruising.

We bought for the sole purpose of our room being ready when we boarded so we could drop off our luggage. I also like that bags will be delivered quicker as well. Never knew it could take hours! For me, the $50 is totally worth it. I've already got priority boarding as we are in a suite. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums