Teenagers, Christmas ideas

My kids wouldn't wear co-ordinating outfits EVER. I see it all the time on cruises and have a bit of a chuckle. Definitely not a Canadian thing.

We count the number of groups that we see on every cruise. Most of the time it's just t shirts on boarding day and maybe during the days but last year there was one group we saw that every day they were matching. This was a group of 8-10. Formal night they all wore red.

My kids made my DW promise to never make them do that.

I'd do a sling backpack for both (& yourself). Much easier to tote stuff on islands. If you have Kindles or iPads get some $$cards for books or music. Depending on cruise line sometimes the soda packages include smoothies. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be honest, I have been on quite a few RCI Caribbean cruises, and there has never, ever, been a Hawaiian night. Perhaps this is limited to cruises originating from down under?

At any rate - have a wonderful vacation! You might want to consider the all included photo package if this is available on your cruise. One price gets you all the photos that are taken of your family on the cruise.

They don't wear a watch, their phone tells them the time.

Beach bag is on the list :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My teens like watches for on the ships--even though they use phones at home. Keeping up with their phones on the ship is a hassle--especially if they are swimming, climbing, etc--so they tend to lock them in the safe and wear waterproof watches so they never miss an activity they are looking forward to, even if no cock is visible from the pool ;)

And by Hawaiian costume I mean the flower necklaces, and my daughter wanted a grass skirt too. So that's what I got her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP--certainly take the costumes if you want, but I also wonder if this is only an Australian thing (or if the friends were sailing other lines?). In 10 RCI cruises in Europe in the last 3 years we have never seen this theme for the ship as a whole or for my teens in their club.

"OP--certainly take the costumes if you want, but I also wonder if this is only an Australian thing (or if the friends were sailing other lines?). In 10 RCI cruises in Europe in the last 3 years we have never seen this theme for the ship as a whole or for my teens in their club"

Day 4 of our Rhapsody Christmas Cruise last year - dress code was Tropical.

My DD was a bit disappointed I hadnt packed a leis for her to wear (the one thing I did not pack)

Can't say alot of people got dressed in this theme. Saw a few men in Hawaiian Shirts.

Formal nights, on the other hand, majority of cruisers got dressed up.

Edited by aussielozzie18