Can't find birth certificate!

jcpc

Hope all goes well.

And do keep us posted.

I just wanted to share my way of Doc's back-up.

I carry all passports, Wife keeps birth certificates and I/D's

And we both have cruise Docs and credit Cards.

You can get as many birth certificates as you want, wife and i both have 2 pocket size state copys for travel.

But Please get everyone a passport, something you will never regret doing.

Passports will speed up any type of travel, as everyone is used of dealing with them.

He was allowed to board the ship without his birth certificate. I don't really have the specific details as I didn't talk to my friend directly. He just left a message saying that they allowed Matt on the ship without his birth certificate. I'll get the whole story when he returns to work after the cruise.

Glad everything turned out okay. Please do post when they return how they did it? We are all wondering?

Same thing happen to a family on the Star. I think since he was travelling with his parents they can sigh a document attesting to his citizenship. We will find out in a week :)

I'm glad to read everything turned out OK, what a nightmare!

If anything, this thread may encourage some to make sure they don't go through the same ordeal. Get your stuff ready a few weeks in advance, don't wait until the last minute and panic!

Being a flight attendant one day I forgot my passport leaving for the Domincan republic. (they don't check us) I was crazed during the flight there and back. Coming back through customs is where the most important decision is made - I guess they believed I was not a threat and I passed through without any trouble. All that panic for nothing. Customs does use their discretion. There was a database and I guess I was on it (or not). Cruisers are very low on their threat list. I would imagine a child (even 18) in a family group would get an even lower threat priority. WHen a family enters back in, they hand in one customs deck for all. So it was NCL's discretion and apparentaly they made an exception which they should, considering the circumstances.

But for peace of mind, I would never want to go through that again!

I spoke to my friend at work today. His son was allowed to board without his birth certificate (he had his driver's license, social security card, and baptismal certificate). NCL said that because he was traveling with his mother, father & brother they would allow him to board. His parents did not have to sign anything indicating that he was a US citizen. They got lucky!

I spoke to my friend at work today. His son was allowed to board without his birth certificate (he had his driver's license, social security card, and baptismal certificate). NCL said that because he was traveling with his mother, father & brother they would allow him to board. His parents did not have to sign anything indicating that he was a US citizen. They got lucky!

Thank you for updating us..............they really did get lucky:D

Archived