Booking with free beverage package.

So, I am new to Celebrity. I have been on Carnival once and we have done several Royal Caribbean cruises. We want to try something a bit different and we recently saw that Celebrity is offering a "pick your perk" sale. I think this makes Celebrity very attractive to us.

My question is this. We aren't quite sure if we want to go balcony or just an ocean view and save a couple hundred bucks. If we decide later to upgrade from our ocean view to a balcony and the sale has ended that would include the free bev. package....do we lose it?

If anyone knows, your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

50/50 chance, some have said they did, others have said they were not let do it.

It seems to depend on how well the sailing has sold, and there in is another thing to watch. On our next cruise all the OV's are sold as are the top 2 levels of veranda cabins. The rest are $500-700 higher per person:eek: than when we booked, and we are 200 days out.

You can always book and cancel without penalty before final.

So, I am new to Celebrity. I have been on Carnival once and we have done several Royal Caribbean cruises. We want to try something a bit different and we recently saw that Celebrity is offering a "pick your perk" sale. I think this makes Celebrity very attractive to us.

My question is this. We aren't quite sure if we want to go balcony or just an ocean view and save a couple hundred bucks. If we decide later to upgrade from our ocean view to a balcony and the sale has ended that would include the free bev. package....do we lose it?

If anyone knows, your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you upgrade and the promotion has ended, you will most likely lose the perk as the new pricing, whether better or more, is what you would be currently booking.

You will be able to keep the perk if you are upgrading to a more expensive cabin at a regular, non-discounted price.

The key words of regular, non discounted price are important. Most times the new advertised rates will be because of a special rate so you would lose the perk. The problem is sometimes those rates are still higher than what the regular rate may now be for that category but is a reduced rate at that time. EG, I booked a AQ for $1200, months later the regular price has increased to $2000, but the senior rate is a reduced rate of $1600. If I originally booked a regular balcony decided to upgrade for the senior rate in AQ I would lose my perk, but if I took the regualar rate at that time of $2000 I wouldn't. Looking at the difference in price for a 7 day cruise, the diference of $400 pays for the perk.

Hope it makes sense and answers your question.

🍸🍻🌅

Thanks for the replies everyone... I'm thinking I should just book a balcony if I think we will want one. That way we don't lose the perk for certain

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Yup! Sounds like a plan!:)