1st cruise out of Tampa (not 1st cruise ever)...tips?

Wayfairers

We are booked on the Carnival Legend to cruise out of Tampa in May. This will be our first cruise out of Tampa and I'm wondering if anyone has tips for that cruise port such as hotels and/or parking or anything that is specific to that port?

You can find hotels offering park and cruise packages at hotelnparking.com. (I suggest you then check reviews for the hotels at tripadvisor before selecting one.)

About two hours or so after sailaway the ship will go under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ships+going+under+sunshine+skyway+bridge&FORM=VIRE6#view=detail&mid=72A2B313F0D8C529E62272A2B313F0D8C529E622

We like the Rocky Point Island area of Tampa as it has a great water view of the Bay. It is 5 min from Tampa airport and about a 15 min drive to the port.

We have stayed twice at the Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point with their Cruise pkg. The hotel has a great pool that overlooks the water and is adjacent to the Bahama Breeze restaurant. There is also a Hampton and Chase Suites directly next door.

Most recently, a friend an I stayed at the Best Western Bay Harbor Resort on Rocky Point. They too have a cruise pkg. The rooms were not as nice as the Holiday Inn Express BUT they all have balconies. The waterfront rooms have a priceless view. Here is a link to a mini-review that I posted after my stay:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2027985

:) Have Fun, The Legend is a great ship.

• 4 weeks later...