Navigator of the Seas - Aft Balcony 7688 7388 Video Layout

Hey Guys. We just got off Navigator of the Seas and got super lucky with an extended aft balcony. I know there are so many questions about how big the balcony is so I decided to take a short video. This is one of the best rooms you can get in our opinion. The opposite room would be 7388.

Video is at

IMG_1702.jpg.437193add3613ebf2196285d8664fedc.jpg

911865087_balconypic.jpg.87203b71423374f8bb846903b49c087c.jpg

Wow thanks for the video.

I just got off Independence room 7708 and it is the same balcony.

Does this mean that all the ships in Navigator class has that corner balcony for a steal?

I believe all freedom class has that didn't realize another class of ships had it as well:D

Kerri

Wow thanks for the video.

I just got off Independence room 7708 and it is the same balcony.

Does this mean that all the ships in Navigator class has that corner balcony for a steal?

I believe all freedom class has that didn't realize another class of ships had it as well:D

Kerri

Yes, all Voyager class would be like Navigator.

Awesome!! I have to look for one of those ships that go to Alaska!:D

Thanks

Kerri

I don't think Voyager class ships have ever gone to Alaska. Might be a size thing. At the very least, none are scheduled to go to Alaska in the near future.

Edited by clarea

We have sailed in 7388 once on a TA and 7688 on 7 TA's -

Last TA from Rome - Barcelona - Galveston, broke our own record for number of guests on the balcony for a cocktail party - 37:eek:

Have always preferred these cabins over a Jr. suite. Like being on your own private yacht:D

I don't think Voyager class ships have ever gone to Alaska. Might be a size thing. At the very least, none are scheduled to go to Alaska in the near future.

I looked briefly at a ship that goes to Alaska...it was weird.....one side of Aft had a staircase and other was a huge suite on most floors.

Only one with a junior suite that looked like it had big corner balcony was under windjammer outdoor seating:(

Kerri

Thank you for the video! We will be in that cabin for a B2B in May/June and will be hanging a hammock on that fabulous balcony:D

Ok I've got to know.... We are on freedom in "this" balcony. How do you do the hammock? On railing between the circular opening and aft rail? We need this in our lives! :)

Hey Guys. We just got off Navigator of the Seas and got super lucky with an extended aft balcony. I know there are so many questions about how big the balcony is so I decided to take a short video. This is one of the best rooms you can get in our opinion. The opposite room would be 7388.

Video is at

Enjoy the cruise. Are you doing a Transatlantic? We spent 42 days on the NOS 2 years ago nice ship.

Ok I've got to know.... We are on freedom in "this" balcony. How do you do the hammock? On railing between the circular opening and aft rail? We need this in our lives! :)

This is a picture of Buz (of Judy and Buz CC name foxgoodrich) enjoying his hammock. I saw that picture and want to do the same. I have the hammock and we bought some heavy duty paracord to hang it. There are some cutouts in which to loop the cord through.

CC member Becciboo was one of the first to try out a hammock.

We've had the deck 7 corner aft on Freedom and Liberty and I can tell you they are just the best for balconies:D

Nav7388balcony.jpg.eda1af53201827f5959a6bc05b3807ca.jpg

Is this only on deck seven or are these corner afts alike on deck 6, 8 and nine also?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Decks 6 and 7 are the only corner afts that have the big cut out on the side. Deck 7 cabins are the only ones that you can actually walk up to that cut out and look down. The ones on deck 6 are set further off to the side and you can't get to the cut out. There is also a crew deck right below deck six. The further down you go, the more the superstructure gets in the way. That being said...any aft balcony will be larger than the standard side balconies. Here is a picture of the AOS afts that give a good perspective of all the cabins. The Freedom class ships will be the same layout except the numbering is different.

U-Royal-Caribbean-Adventure-of-the-Seas-6390-4f3c7fb4c3b92.jpg

This is a picture of Buz (of Judy and Buz CC name foxgoodrich) enjoying his hammock. I saw that picture and want to do the same. I have the hammock and we bought some heavy duty paracord to hang it. There are some cutouts in which to loop the cord through.

CC member Becciboo was one of the first to try out a hammock.

We've had the deck 7 corner aft on Freedom and Liberty and I can tell you they are just the best for balconies:D

I love it! Thanks for sharing! Any special hardware or just loop it around? Thank you!

I love it! Thanks for sharing! Any special hardware or just loop it around? Thank you!

I ordered this kit from Amazon...actually any heavy duty cord would work and we will loop it through the ends of the hammock loops and then loop it and knot it through the balcony beams. We return from our cruise on June 8 and I'll post some detailed pics on here. I'm sure there will be lots of trial and error in getting the height just right:)

91NaDCoyI8L._SL1500_.jpg

I ordered this kit from Amazon...actually any heavy duty cord would work and we will loop it through the ends of the hammock loops and then loop it and knot it through the balcony beams. We return from our cruise on June 8 and I'll post some detailed pics on here. I'm sure there will be lots of trial and error in getting the height just right:)

Woo hoo! Can't wait to see what you accomplish. I'll be taking a look for sure with our October sailing. Good thing there will be plenty of time to adjust it! :D

On Utube video, sounded like a lot of engine noise. Always wonders about that in cabins toward the rear.

Never heard engine noise...just the sound of the wake which can be quite loud and relaxing. Love the sound of the water:)