Price for the Getaway in June sure have dropped

Accessbowtie

Prices sure have dropped for this current sale especially for inside cabins.

When I booked in early March, for our June 14th cruise on the Getaway, inside cabin prices were $879 per person. Now, they are $499. Almost $400 less per person. Wish I would have waited to book.

I'm still staying with our original balcony as prices are only down $100 per person from when I booked.

Seems like now is a great time to book the Getaway in early to mid June if you don't mind an inside cabin.

Prices sure have dropped for this current sale especially for inside cabins.

When I booked in early March, for our June 14th cruise on the Getaway, inside cabin prices were $879 per person. Now, they are $499. Almost $400 less per person. Wish I would have waited to book.

I'm still staying with our original balcony as prices are only down $100 per person from when I booked.

Seems like now is a great time to book the Getaway in early to mid June if you don't mind an inside cabin.

Your travel agent should be able to get it adjusted, or at least get you an onboard credit.

SHOF - it wouldn't "hurt" to call/email your TA to ask, the worst it can happened is that they can't do anything - or at least get you an upgrade or 25% OBC - if you do it proactively, nothing.

Saw those prices for Insides, great news for those homeport folks down in FL - this is for a brand new mega ship ;) too!

Too many ships running in circles doing the same itinerary and calling on the same ports, etc. With sky high airfares this year, unless it's within a day's worth of driving distance - the total vacation costs isn't helped by the low cruise fares once you start adding other expenses up.

Watching the BA for prices for early June out of NYC - prices are May has been coming down for Insides and OV, with Balconies becoming more "affordable"

Edited by mking8288

I just looked at that cruise for June 14th. Anyone know why the price for a third person in the same cabin is so much more than person 1 & 2? We have never sailed on NCL so maybe this is how they always do it but typically 3rd and 4th persons in the same cabin are cheaper on the other cruises we have taken.

TIA..

We're on the Breakaway on the Father's Day sailing, and our Haven room went down $1000 for where we booked. :eek: it took a LOT of work from my wife (who is also a TA) to get us in a better room that was now going for the price we paid. Obviously we would've preferred the lower price for the original room, but that wasn't an option.

Can my TA do anything. I have 35 more days till my cruise :( and the price dropped by 500 dollars

i thiiiink if its past final payment the most that can happen is they can upgrade you...so if you paid 800...and got and inside and now balconies aare 800, you can get upgraded to a balcony....but i havent done ncl thats how its done on royal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your travel agent should be able to get it adjusted, or at least get you an onboard credit.

I booked through a NCL Personal Cruise Consultant. Been paid in full since April 11th. He said only way I could get any possible credit back is by cancelling current booking (Balcony with unlimited dining plan promo) and then book at the newer rate. Problem is that I would lose the UDP promo.

If I would have booked through a TA while the UDP promo was included with balconies, I could have possibly got some money back as a credit and still keep the UDP?

This is where I'm kind of confused.

My PCC said if the prices of a better cabin came down to what I paid for the balcony I would still have to cancel current booking to upgrade to a better/bigger room. That sound right?

Edited by Accessbowtie

SHOF - it wouldn't "hurt" to call/email your TA to ask, the worst it can happened is that they can't do anything - or at least get you an upgrade or 25% OBC - if you do it proactively, nothing.

Saw those prices for Insides, great news for those homeport folks down in FL - this is for a brand new mega ship ;) too!

Too many ships running in circles doing the same itinerary and calling on the same ports, etc. With sky high airfares this year, unless it's within a day's worth of driving distance - the total vacation costs isn't helped by the low cruise fares once you start adding other expenses up.

Watching the BA for prices for early June out of NYC - prices are May has been coming down for Insides and OV, with Balconies becoming more "affordable"

I live a bit north of Tampa with Miami being a 4 hour drive at most. I'm thankful we live only a few hours from so many ports. I wish the wife and I had more money to cruise, especially the last minute deals. At least now I know the potential of price drops 50-60 days out.

Obviously they aren't selling the inside cabins hence the huge price drop. Only the GTY balconies dropped the $100 per person. All other balconies (family, AFT, etc), mini suites and spa suites stayed the same or come down minimally since early March. Haven suites doubled in price for the week of June 14th.

I bet they will sell a ton of the inside cabins for $500 per person. If prices in July or August drop to around $500 per person for an inside cabin, I would potentially consider sailing again this summer. Anyone who lives with in a few hours drive is crazy if they don't sail at the current inside price.

i thiiiink if its past final payment the most that can happen is they can upgrade you...so if you paid 800...and got and inside and now balconies aare 800, you can get upgraded to a balcony....but i havent done ncl thats how its done on royal

I see NCL hasn't changed many years ago I was booked on the Norway and paid for an upgrade to a bigger cabin a week or so later and my new cabin is now cheaper than my original cabin... But no they wouldn't upgrade further or give any OBC. I booked direct an tried to negotiate but

no luck so they lost my business to RCCL and Celebrity for the most part...