Great place for early morning Key West Breakfast?

bobdittes

We've visited Florida over 50 times. From Jacksonville to Miami and everywhere in between. We are on a Carnival cruise in June with a 6 hour stop in Key West.

I've read posts about skipping breakfast on the ship but not many suggestions on a great, early morning, Key West Breakfast spot.

Suggestions please.

We've visited Florida over 50 times. From Jacksonville to Miami and everywhere in between. We are on a Carnival cruise in June with a 6 hour stop in Key West.

I've read posts about skipping breakfast on the ship but not many suggestions on a great, early morning, Key West Breakfast spot.

Suggestions please.

I do one breakfast per trip at the Schooner Wharf Bar, either their steak & eggs or the SW special omelet. Plastic knives and forks, Styrofoam cups and plates, but good, inexpensive food with a view. Opens at 7:00 a.m.

Pjk

Suggestions please.

One of my favorites is Pepe's at 809 Caroline St. It's got indoor and outdoor seating and if they have their breakfast burrito special, it is a must.

Blue Heaven. An absolute favorite of mine. Last time (December) we had lobster benedict and lobster omlettes. Divine. We were there fairly early (8 ish) but by 8:30 there was a line.

Mine too!

There is no food that will beat a lobster bennie from Blue Heaven for breakfast.

Get there early and bring your wallet cause it ain't cheap.

Mike:)

Mine too!

There is no food that will beat a lobster bennie from Blue Heaven for breakfast.

Get there early and bring your wallet cause it ain't cheap.

I agree, best breakfast in Key West but if you don't get there early heard you can wait up to 1-1/2 hours. :eek:

If Blue Heaven is crowded across the street is La Creperie which is very good. A crepe with scrambled eggs is one of my favorites. They do not take credit cards here. And if that's also crowded, the Banana Café a short walk away on upper Duval.

Pjk

If Blue Heaven is crowded across the street is La Creperie which is very good. A crepe with scrambled eggs is one of my favorites. They do not take credit cards here. And if that's also crowded, the Banana Café a short walk away on upper Duval.

Pjk

Greetings

Every time I have ever tried to go to Banana Café it is jammed. Maybe one day I will be lucky and make it in.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

Every time I have ever tried to go to Banana Café it is jammed. Maybe one day I will be lucky and make it in.

Good Sailing

Tom

Banana Cafe is a local's favorite so get there early or late.;)

Thanks for all of your great suggestions!

My wife and I will put one of them to good use. We love to go where locals go to eat. There are enough chain restaurants that you can visit at home. Local food is one of the best parts of visiting other places.:D

If all else fails, there's still Croissants de France almost across the street from the Banana Café, especially for poached eggs --->

ry%3D400

Then, the Southernmost Beach Café overlooking the small beach at the end of Duval.

Pjk

Edited by peter_krynicki

Here are a couple of the benedicts at Blue Heaven:

On the left is the shrimp benedict and on the right the lobster benedict.

As you can see they are loaded with seafood.

Have a "Bloody Goose" with either and you will be ready to tackle most anything.

shrimpbennie.jpg.63c016b64af28b6f47cbaf969f9a75c8.jpg

lobsterbennie.jpg.cec5b84d28d9c70ab7192382b39569c3.jpg

Edited by bhopal21

• 2 weeks later...

I am voting for Blue Heaven as well. I was in Key West for the first time last year for a week with my DH and we had breakfast there. It is still one of the highlights of the trip; it just truly felt like what I wanted key west to feel like, and it was delicious...make sure you get a slice of key lime pie there too! Who says you cant have dessert with bfast??:D

Dana

• 1 month later...
I am voting for Blue Heaven as well. I was in Key West for the first time last year for a week with my DH and we had breakfast there. It is still one of the highlights of the trip; it just truly felt like what I wanted key west to feel like, and it was delicious...make sure you get a slice of key lime pie there too! Who says you cant have dessert with bfast??:D

Dana

Yeah the Key Lime pie is the best that I have ever had and I have tried my share of a Key Lime pie.:)

Edited by cruisingator2

What is the earliest Blue Heaven opens for breakfast? Hubby is a guy who likes to be the first in the door.

They open at 0800 daily and it is wise to be there shortly because a line forms soon after especially on the weekends.

Thanks Mike for your answer. Hubby and I are early risers, so it will be easy for Hubby to be the first in the door at eight...unless an even earlier riser beats him to the door.:D

You won't have any trouble getting there that early.

I usually sit at the bar and read the Citizen waiting for them to open.;)

I like Camille's at 1202 Simonton St. Scrambled eggs supreme with Cuban toast and grits, a large cafe con leche and a fresh squeezed OJ

ImageUploadedByForums1404457361.863239.jpg.7b671c1912f3f03cd7e9eeb65b2cb17b.jpg

Also 5 Brothers at 930 Southard St. A little corner store where all the locals go in the morning. By far the best cup of cuban coffee in town. Get a cheese toast or a cuban mix to eat and you will be super charged all day.

ImageUploadedByForums1404457282.432495.jpg.1386b1f2ef671559420c9472384afb86.jpg

The other places are also good choices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums