Boarding in Sydney

Lissy1

We are on the cruise on 5th December "Pacific Treasures" on the Oosterdam, departing Sydney at 4 pm.

At what time starts boarding?

At this day we fly from Melbourne to Sydney and we want to book our flight.

Thanks.

Lissy from Germany

Check-in usually begins about 11 am buy often cabins will not be ready til 1 pm or later. Staff will direct you to Lido buffet for lunch once your board.

Be sure you know which terminal in Sydney you are departing from as there are two--one is located in the central harbour/The Rocks area and accessible by train from airport while the other is located at White Bay which will require a taxi or use of HAL's airport transfer service.

At this point the Oosterdam is leaving from the Overseas Terminal at Circular Quay, which makes it easier for you. I have boarded the Oosterdam myself twice from this terminal. However check closer to your departure date at this email address http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule as I once had the departure point in Sydney changed just one month prior to my cruise from the Overseas Terminal to another one in Sydney.

Basically both times we boarded at the Overseas Terminal we were able to load our suitcases from around 9.30 am onwards. The staff at the terminal will tell you boarding is 1pm, this is the official time on all the paperwork but in reality boarding starts earlier. We have found both times that it commences around 11.30 am, both times we were through quickly and in our stateroom by 12 noon.

There are two ways to get from the airport to circular quay, firstly by taxi which is $50 to $60 Australian dollars and they will drop you off right in front of the ship. Secondly from the airport there is a connection to the rail terminal under the airport (it is clearly signed) which will drop you off right in the middle of circular quay with a short walk to the ship, this costs if I remember correctly around $16.50 Australian dollars each.