MIA 1 night pre-cruise shopping and liquor store

Hi everyone!

Sailing out of POM on May 12. Flight arrives at 8 pm night before

Looking for convenient reasonable priced hotel where I would be able to pick up a few items and alcohol within walking distance of hotel the morning of the cruise.

Thanks in advance!

Since you are coming in Mother's Day, hotels should be dirt cheap as people don't traditionally travel over Mother's Day.

I would look for a hotel downtown or Coconut Grove/Coral Gables.

I would not stay out at the airport. Even if you get to your hotel at 10PM, in those areas I mentioned, there will still be a lot going on that is within close walking distance.

I disagree with Blue Heron - but maybe it is my age. :o Arriving after a day of travel at 8:00, which means by the time I collect luggage and shuttle or cab to a hotel it will be after 9:00 all I want is a drink and a bed - shopping and other considerations can wait for the morning.

I would look at hotels in the Blue Lagoon area (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.) with a local strip mall within walking distance -- actually across the street from the Hampton. You'll find grocery, drug and liquor :D stores there for all of your cruise supplies. Free airport shuttles, dining options, and a cab to POM will cost about $27+tip.

Good luck! :)

Edited by JohninDC

I disagree with Blue Heron - but maybe it is my age. :o Arriving after a day of travel at 8:00, which means by the time I collect luggage and shuttle or cab to a hotel it will be after 9:00 all I want is a drink and a bed - shopping and other considerations can wait for the morning.

:)

Hahaha! You're turning into an old codger John!

In all seriousness, my first day of travel I'm usually too excited to sleep and want to get out and walk around!

So to the OP, you have two good suggestions! Good luck!

Thanks everyone! May or may not be tired. Two ladies on a girls trip away from the family! We will be excited!

Need wine and some minis for the cruise!

Currently have Comfort Suite Miami Ariport North on hold. $107 plus free airport and pom shuttle. Not sure we can walk to liquor store... need to find out.

I will take a look at the ones suggested.

Thank you!

There is sort of a gas station-mart near there and a few dining options, but certainly no nightlife; one of the locals may be able to tell you about a close by liquor store. Good luck! :)