Boarding time in Whittier???

Stanley

Does anyone know an approximate time we can start boarding the Island Princess in Whittier? Departure is 9 or 10 PM. Since we are making our way from Anchorage that day by train then we don't know what train to book.

I'm sure this info is on the Princess site somewhere but I'm new to this and don't know where to look. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thank you very much.

I thought there was just one train but somewhere on these boards someone said there was a second train but got into Whittier later in the day. It will be great to board the ship when we get there and have a chance to wander around.

Princess does not have train transfer from Anchorage. The one they have are for cruisetour folks and it does not take new passengers at Anchorage. Alaska Railroad has the ONE AND THE ONLY train from Anchorage to Whittier that anyone can take. 10AM.

We made our reservations for the train today. It's the 10:00 AM and arrives at 12:19. Apparently the port is just across from the train station in Whittier. It is only 8 miles from our hotel in Anchorage. Our tickets should arrive in the mail shortly.

Now if we can just find some serious cold weather clothes down here in Texas we'll be OK.

Thanks again everyone.

Archived