Promenade view cabin

I know that this is the opposite of the standard question, that asks if the cabin is quiet.

I know that the Promenade view cabins on the Explorer offer a good view of the parades and parties below. Can you hear the party/parade in these cabins? It just has to be loud, just enough to hear and enjoy. Do they have a small window that you can open to hear the music or CD speaking?

I know that this is the opposite of the standard question, that asks if the cabin is quiet.

I know that the Promenade view cabins on the Explorer offer a good view of the parades and parties below. Can you hear the party/parade in these cabins? It just has to be loud, just enough to hear and enjoy. Do they have a small window that you can open to hear the music or CD speaking?

Yes, the Promenade rooms do have a window seat, music is not that loud when in the room, but you can still hear the music. Rooms on deck 7 & 8 would be fine and also agree, try to get a cabin midship.

Just off the Freedom and we were on deck 6... You could hear the music from the 70s party... not really LOUD... but loud enough. The parade was interesting from our perspective!! It was nice to people watch from the window seat. No open windows (they are just for show). It really worked well because my mom has some trouble walking and it was a great venue for her to enjoy the 'shows' without being in the crowd!

Thanks for the info.

It can get very crowded for the parades and parties and if you're not there very early, you have trouble seeing very much. Looking down from deck 8 will be quite comfortable. I just hope the the cabin has enough room for us to dance :)

I'm glad you asked this questions, as I see the price has dropped a lot for my Explorer sailing. I'm looking at a $600 difference…decisions, decisions.

Good for you! That's a nice bonus.

Our sailing must be popular. Prices are going up for inside and ov and balconies and suites can not be booked. (At least when I checked the RC web site the other day). I'm not complaining though, we got a real good deal when we booked.