Do you think its worth the $$?

razzzbere

$50 more per nite for a Cloud 9 spa balcony room. Currently we are booked midship balcony on the Upper deck, cat. 8. There will be 2 adults and 2 kids in our room. We leave on the Splendor May 4th. Also wondering if the price of the spa room may go down since we're so close to cruise time? Thanks for the info! :)

It depends on what your priorities are. To me, it's not worth it, as I wouldn't use the spa.

Also, a couple's spa pass is $250 for a week, which would be cheaper than the $350 extra you'd spend on the room.

Edited by CoconutJD

I did see that it was cheaper to just get a spa pass for the week....I was wondering if the location and amenities were that much better? Our kids will be enjoying Camp Carnival if that makes a difference. Was thinking we'd love to use some of the spa pools, etc.

It would be worth it to me because I use the spa amenities often (steam, sauna, T-Pool), I also like the location because of the less noise from minimal rooms on that deck and the easy access to that area of the ship as well as no smoking in that area. We are booked on the spa deck on the Splendor in July and had a spa balcony on the Breeze.

Our first sailing on the Splendor (out of California) was in a Spa Suite. There are some perks to getting a Spa level room. The other comment I would add is that it is extremely quiet (in the hallways) on these level areas.

We're cruising with another family and currently have neighboring cabins...I know they have spa cabins available next to each other...wonder if they would give us a better deal if we booked both cabins?

$50 more per nite for a Cloud 9 spa balcony room. Currently we are booked midship balcony on the Upper deck, cat. 8. There will be 2 adults and 2 kids in our room. We leave on the Splendor May 4th. Also wondering if the price of the spa room may go down since we're so close to cruise time? Thanks for the info! :)

Absolutely! If solitude, rest and relaxation is what you are cruising for - by all means spend the extra money.

It was absolutely worth it for my DH and I. For him it was definitely the spa access.. could barely get him out of the thelassotherapy (sp?) pool. I loved the "warm" room - great napping venue! The saunas, showers, and steam rooms were also a wonderful, relaxing experience.

Also for us it was the location of the room (on the Dream). We had a semi-private elevator right outside the room to both levels of the spa and then on up to the Serenity Deck.

We were also on a 7 day cruise and only disembarked for 2 ports - so the other 5 days we were on-board and able to take great advantage of the amenities.

I am currently debating this as well. We sail (2 adults, 2 kids) on the Splendor Feb 2015 and are booked midship balcony on deck 7. I have been eyeing the cloud 9 spa cabins on deck 11.

I am interested in hearing if you move up to the cloud 9 spa cabin as well as how your cruise on the Splendor was. :)