Why one cruise date priced high

frawnsay

Out of curiosity, I was checking the Celebrity website for our cruise this/next month...seeing if cabins were still available, what (if anything) was sold out, etc.

Found something interesting...all the cruise dates were priced similar to each other with the exclusion of one cruise date. It was nearly DOUBLE the price (that was for i, ov, v, cc, aq, & suites...all of them!) just for one date in particular.

Any insight as to why this one date would be so high?!:confused:

There are many reasons a sailing could be higher or lower. Last year our Reflection sailing in Nov was way way higher than even the holiday ones. It was the first one after the TA. Again this year we are on the Equinox the first week after the crossing and the price is outta sight! If we had not booked in Jan there would be no way we could have gone.

I agree it is probably almost sold out. Perhaps there is a large group booked on it. Normally holiday weeks are double the price but sometimes not.

this year we booked a cruise Thanksgiving week in order to go with our adult daughter who works in our county school system. Originally we were booked on the Constellation which was a decent price for a 5 day that week. The Silhouette came down in price and we were able to switch to a 7 day. In fact that cruise and itinerary 2 weeks later is $50 a person higher. Who knows why it had not sold well but we are glad.

I tried it, too...and yes, the price hike disappears. But, there are some options that give a price, but state "there are no accommodations that fit your requirements". Does that mean that it's sold out? If so, why still list a price?

(of course, I realize that my life does not change based on this thread--just curious)

I tried it, too...and yes, the price hike disappears. But, there are some options that give a price, but state "there are no accommodations that fit your requirements". Does that mean that it's sold out? If so, why still list a price?

(of course, I realize that my life does not change based on this thread--just curious)

I have found that if I am booking more than 2 in a room. Some rooms may only accommodate 2 and so only 2 can get that price but if there are 3 or 4 then no rooms left. Also after so many rooms are booked with more than 2 people they do not allow any more rooms to be booked with more than 2. That keeps a full ship form being super overcrowded.

I am glad for that rule as I was on Mariner of the Seas when there was 3700 PAX. Voyager class ships are considered full at 3300. The ship was wall to wall people in the PR in the evening and at the pools during the day.

There was a glitch in the Celebrity database over the weekend. The June 1st cruise to Bermuda was one affected by this, if that was the one you were looking at. When we called Celebrity over the weekend, they said they were aware there was a problem, and that the system was going to be updated soon. It can take awhile to trickle down to travel agent's websites, but everything is supposed to be fixed now. We were able to book at regular prices with perks as of Sunday evening.