Guarantee room

ndc1972

Has anyone ever booked a guarantee and was disappointed with their cabin assignment? I want to upgrade to a balcony at a discounted rate but afraid I might end up on deck 2. Please share your experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone ever booked a guarantee and was disappointed with their cabin assignment? I want to upgrade to a balcony at a discounted rate but afraid I might end up on deck 2. Please share your experience.

Depends on which ship, and where the balcony cabins are. I just moved from an inside to a balcony gty on the Victory, the lowest deck they have cabins is deck 6. I'm not to worried. :p

Depends on what ship you're on. Most do not have obstructed view balconies, with the exception of Spirit class (and Fantasy class?).

You're not going to end up on deck 2 since balconies are not that low, unless you're on a Dream class ship, in which case you'd be in a cove balcony, and those look awesome!

Well i switched to a balcony guarnatee, and Im freaking out. Im so afraid i will get over the disco as I am a light sleeper, but too late now. Im on the Freedom and the balconies are all good as far as views from what I heard. Good luck with your decision!!

FYI, from what I have polled, most people have been happy with the guarantee.

Edited by b_cruise

When do you sail? That is important in making these decisions because there are many options open to you. Anyway, we have done that several times and not been disappointed, we even got upgrades. We always looked at it like an adventure and you didn't know, back then, until you got to the port!

Depending on your sail date... If it were me, I would go for the guarantee and by content with what you get. And who knows, you may end up with an upgrade. Best of luck!

Well i switched to a balcony guarnatee, and Im freaking out. Im so afraid i will get over the disco as I am a light sleeper, but too late now. Im on the Freedom and the balconies are all good as far as views from what I heard. Good luck with your decision!!

Don't freak out. The one and only time I did a guarantee was on Pride, and I wasn't happy with the assignment. I called my PVP, and he was awesome enough to move us to another balcony in the same category.

You may be able to upgrade as well for a small fee, especially if rates drop... Check the rates daily and if you see a drop for choose your own room, call Carnival and see what they can do for you. If you don't like the first answer, call again!

It has worked for me many times AND it has worked on our upcoming cruise in June. We are now booked on an aft balcony on deck 7! We started with a window on deck 2! Yes, it has cost a bit but I think we got sweetheart deals both times. And I am still looking for more perks.

Of course, all this depends on when and how you booked your cabin, but Carnival is like an bizarre these days... they are always willing to up sale no matter how you booked.

Thanks everyone. I am set to sail on June 15th. Decisions, Decisions! lol

Call Carnival and see what they can do for you, say a cove balcony. I've never had one but everyone who does think they are absolute bomb. You may pay $50 more but it will be money well spent. Don't forget to call again if you don't get the answer you want!

I've booked category guarantee three times. The first two times it worked great. The third time I booked balcony guarantee and ended up directly over the disco on Glory. I had my TA call Carnival three times and plead with them to be reassigned (not a specific cabin request, just throw me back into the pool) and Carnival declined all three times. The room was as horrible as on-line reviews indicated. I will *never* book category guarantee again.

we switched the balcony guarantee on the sale last week. it gave us a $337 obc so the way I figure it is that we are going to get the worst cabin on deck 6 right above a dance club or the galley so anything better than that will be a plus. it is what it is and in 40 days Im gonna be on the freedom with $337 to spend while having a great cruise.