cruz chic

Crew News - here's my current list of HAL contacts:

Stein Kruse's Office. 1-206-281-3535

Michael J. Smith

Senior Vice President, Marine Hotel Operations 1-206-281-3535

Guest Relations

E-mail: GuestRelations@HollandAmerica.com

Phone: 1-800-599-8256

Inquiries, compliments and complaints on current or past sailings.

Ombudsman

E-mail: Ombudsman@HollandAmerica.com

Inquiries and issues that have not been resolved through normal channels.

A non-working toilet and no A/C in hot climates. Those are the issues that would prompt moving up the chain if not resolved promptly. I haven't had to use my my contact list yet (knock on wood) but will if necessary. I'll give staff on the ship a chance to resolve the problems first.

I want a contact list.....

Just curious what issues will prompt you to use your HAL contact list while on a cruise.

I am certain that you would not cause a crew member to lose their job for a minor infraction such as a late ice delivery or less than a hot burger without reporting it to a Supervisor.

So what issues do you consider worthy of placing a call from the ship to your HAL contacts?

If you have used your contact list in the past, has it brought a quicker resolution of your issue before you disembarked?

Would you be willing to share the phone numbers so that the rest of us can get our issues resolved?

Wondering why you would need such contacts since you seem to have no issues at all on any of your cruises. Care to share what would prompt this request?

Just curious what issues will prompt you to use your HAL contact list while on a cruise.

I am certain that you would not cause a crew member to lose their job for a minor infraction such as a late ice delivery or less than a hot burger without reporting it to a Supervisor.

So what issues do you consider worthy of placing a call from the ship to your HAL contacts?

If you have used your contact list in the past, has it brought a quicker resolution of your issue before you disembarked?

Would you be willing to share the phone numbers so that the rest of us can get our issues resolved?

If someone's complaint is frivolous how is it going to cost anyone their job (ie. ice).?

On the other hand if someone has a non working toilet/washroom, or non working air conditioning and IF it is beyond control of the service people how is that going to cost them their job?

In the latter what it MIGHT do, is bring the issue at the very least to attention of people in Seattle. whether it gets resolved or not is another issue.

and on the other hand, IF it is a problem that could have been fixed and IF it wasn't attended to - then obviously that party that didn't take care of it needs some serious coaching and perchance doesn't care enough about his/her job?

JMO though.

If someone's complaint is frivolous how is it going to cost anyone their job (ie. ice).?

On the other hand if someone has a non working toilet/washroom, or non working air conditioning and IF it is beyond control of the service people how is that going to cost them their job?

In the latter what it MIGHT do, is bring the issue at the very least to attention of people in Seattle. whether it gets resolved or not is another issue.

and on the other hand, IF it is a problem that could have been fixed and IF it wasn't attended to - then obviously that party that didn't take care of it needs some serious coaching and perchance doesn't care enough about his/her job?

JMO though.

Where's the like button???;)

Sailed on the Westy in January this year. We were in code red for the entire cruise. Lots of whining and complaining among passengers.

I was in a Signature Suite and one morning my toilet wouldn't flush. Called Front Desk, then put a big sign on the OUTSIDE of my door that said: TOILET DOES NOT FLUSH and went out to breakfast. When I came back, toilet was working fine. Cabin stewed told me that all the Signature Suites in my neighborhood had flushing problems. Oh well.

It was a fantastic cruise! I LOVE the Westy.

My toilet did not flush for a bit on my cruise. That happens. It happened to me on the Noordam as well for multiple days. I think the longest was for an hour or so. I don't think people would complain about a toilet that doesn't flush for 5 minutes. That is not a huge issue IMO. When it's several hours or days, that is a problem. Have never had flushing issues on Princess.

Sailed on the Westy in January this year. We were in code red for the entire cruise. Lots of whining and complaining among passengers.

I was in a Signature Suite and one morning my toilet wouldn't flush. Called Front Desk, then put a big sign on the OUTSIDE of my door that said: TOILET DOES NOT FLUSH and went out to breakfast. When I came back, toilet was working fine. Cabin stewed told me that all the Signature Suites in my neighborhood had flushing problems. Oh well.

It was a fantastic cruise! I LOVE the Westy.

Please excuse my confusion :confused: but what was the reason to put that sign on your door? I don't 'get it'.

Please excuse my confusion :confused: but what was the reason to put that sign on your door? I don't 'get it'.

I do believe she was sending a message - and it seemed to have worked;):D

I really like the sign on the door idea! I've been on ships that have problem toilets for an hour or two - that's not an issue I'd contact HAL Seattle about. But for more than 5 or 6 hours. Yes, I would contact the Front Desk, and put a sign up! ;)

I do believe she was sending a message - and it seemed to have worked;):D

Yes, I know there was a message. :D

She had called the Front Desk.......

I wondered if the sign was because she didn't expect front office to get help? Sounds like there was no 'time lapse' between the call and placing the sign.

Whatever the reason, seems it worked.