Can i bring on a portable fan on the Freedom?

We will be on the Freedom this summer and Im hoping we are allowed to bring in a small fan. We will be in an oceanview on the riveria deck and im afraid it will be too hot in the room. Should I carry it on or put it in our checked bags.?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Forums mobile app

We will be on the Freedom this summer and Im hoping we are allowed to bring in a small fan. We will be in an oceanview on the riveria deck and im afraid it will be too hot in the room. Should I carry it on or put it in our checked bags.?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Forums mobile app

I brought a small fan on board one time and it was confiscated. Claimed it was a banned item. Many people have posted no issues. I have since bought a battery operated fan that I have brought on several cruises with no issues.

Personally I would bring a small battery operated fan....there are limited electrical outlets in the cabins (1 120 volt and 1 European type outlets) at the desk. Plus battery operated fans are not confiscated as many fans powered by electricity do get confiscated. Or you can take a chance and request a fan from the ship once you board. For me, battery all the way - and bring extra batteries!

We've brought a small electric fan a few times in checked luggage and it was confiscated once. Nothing was wrong with it and it wasn't old, but we couldn't have it. Next time we'll try it in carry-on and see what happens.

We have always brought a small electric travel fan in our carry on luggage with no issues at security:)

Could you be a little more specific on the size and/or brand and model? Small is a relative term, and since I love sleeping with a fan, it would be great to have one!

We always take one because the cabins are never cold enough for us. Put it in your carryon. If it is in your checked luggage, they may confiscate it...that happened to us once. In all our years of cruising, that was the first time, though. Sometimes we leave for the cabin steward if he/she wants it, if not we bring it home.

I always bring an electric or battery operated fan. I put in my carryon luggage and the only time I had a problem was Pt. Canaveral. They ended up telling me I could bring it on because I told her I was menopausal and had to have :).