What kind of iced tea does NCL serve?

JohnCoMo

I am going with a group of friends on the NCL Pearl to Alaska in June. I know this is probably an unusual question, but one of my friends is extremely picky about iced tea. Specifically, she only liked brewed tea and drinks a lot of it. She does not like tea that comes from concentrate or from a soda fountain machine. Does anyone know if NCL serves brewed iced tea? If they don't, she will just bring her own brewer from home to make tea in her cabin. But would prefer not to pack that equipment if she knows for sure that the ship has brewed tea. Anyone know the answer to this unusual question? :)

I am going with a group of friends on the NCL Pearl to Alaska in June. I know this is probably an unusual question, but one of my friends is extremely picky about iced tea. Specifically, she only liked brewed tea and drinks a lot of it. She does not like tea that comes from concentrate or from a soda fountain machine. Does anyone know if NCL serves brewed iced tea? If they don't, she will just bring her own brewer from home to make tea in her cabin. But would prefer not to pack that equipment if she knows for sure that the ship has brewed tea. Anyone know the answer to this unusual question? :)

I don't believe it's brewed tea. I do know it's very strong and I need to add water to it. However, there is really no need for her to bring her brewer with her. Ask the room steward for an empty water pitcher and lots of tea bags and to keep the ice bucket full. She can use the coffee pot in the cabin to brew her tea, add ice to the pitcher and keep in the fridge.....or put the tea in the fridge and add ice to her glass. If she likes lemon she can also ask her room steward for a bowl of lemon to keep in the fridge...or even get that from the buffet herself.

Harriet

It's definitely concentrate, same kind of deal as the juice concentrate. I thought it tasted fine and I drink lots of tea. It's unsweetened.

If she is picky, I agree with just making hot tea and pouring over a glass of ice. Seems like an inordinate amount of trouble to pack an iced tea brewer in luggage.

No line that I'm aware of makes brewed ice tea (probably the high end lines do). And, the ice tea brewer would most likely be confiscated at embarkation as it has a heating element, which is prohibited on all cruise ships (it will be returned at the end of the cruise). Just like you cannot bring your own coffee maker onboard. Now, if it is just a "sun tea" jug, that would be okay.

I love iced tea too and this fake tea syrup turns my stomach. But here is an iced tea lovers guide to cruising. I love fresh brewed iced tea. Simply ask the waiter for 2 glasses of ice and a pot of hot water and tea bags. You can get 2 excellent, fresh brewed iced tea at your table in only a few minutes.

You cant get fresh brewed iced tea on board but you can make it yourself ;)

We also brought our own tea on board last year. We have a favorite tea. Maybe your friend can bring their own favorite and just ask for a pot of hot water and glass of ice.

I love iced tea too and this fake tea syrup turns my stomach. But here is an iced tea lovers guide to cruising. I love fresh brewed iced tea. Simply ask the waiter for 2 glasses of ice and a pot of hot water and tea bags. You can get 2 excellent, fresh brewed iced tea at your table in only a few minutes.

You cant get fresh brewed iced tea on board but you can make it yourself ;)

We also brought our own tea on board last year. We have a favorite tea. Maybe your friend can bring their own favorite and just ask for a pot of hot water and glass of ice.

That is what my missus does. I even bought her a small metal tea pot she can steep her tea in while she waits. Looks like this.

52346.jpg

There are some really really good, unsweetened, organic ice tea available on the shelves in your supermarket I am sure. Bring your own just like you could bring your water, cola, redbull, etc...

Why take the chance to have your equipment confiscated or broken in the baggage handling ?

Have fun !

Love iced green tea. I'm pretty addicted, too.

Not sure if Breakaway will have any so I found green tea iced tea powder mix that comes in individual serving size packets (like the Crystal Light powder mixes). This way I can make my own green tea iced tea!

Thanks for the other tips too

Cheers!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006