Diamond-17th April cruise overcharge???

sayaguru

Hi, I just returned from Diamond Princess cruise which left Japan on the 17th April and docked on the 26th.

My friends just rang me saying they got their bill charged to their VISA PLUS another charge for $507.

The second charge said Princess but a different name.

I just checked mine and I have my bill from Diamond Princess plus another from Carnival Japan Diamond for $319.72

Plus another charge from the same date pending for $319.95.

I tried rining them but it's out of hours.

Please check your VISA etc if you were on this cruise.

I'll update when I ring them tomorrow.

Hi, I just returned from Diamond Princess cruise which left Japan on the 17th April and docked on the 26th.

My friends just rang me saying they got their bill charged to their VISA PLUS another charge for $507.

The second charge said Princess but a different name.

I just checked mine and I have my bill from Diamond Princess plus another from Carnival Japan Diamond for $319.72

Plus another charge from the same date pending for $319.95.

I tried rining them but it's out of hours.

Please check your VISA etc if you were on this cruise.

I'll update when I ring them tomorrow.

Just checked my statement. I've got the same problem.

I've got my charge from Diamond correctly charged, plus a big charge from Pacific princess? I have an extra two charges from Carnival also that shouldn't be there (they look like the pre-paid deposit for future cruises to me, but they where already charged to our main bill). So I have over $1000 of extra charges from 3xPrincess ships that shouldn't be there!!

I pre-registered my CC prior to boarding for easier disembarkation. I guess you did also?

I'll make the same call in the morning!!!!!!!

I had my VISA registered and actually changed it it my 28 Degrees master card on the 20th April. That is the one with all the charges.

There are small unknown charges on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd plus the ones mentioned above.

REALLY annoyed. The reason I don't use my credit card is for this exact reason. I never used it anywhere else. :mad:

Edited by sayaguru

I had my VISA registered and actually changed it it my 28 Degrees master card on the 20th April. That is the one with all the charges.

There are small unknown charges on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd plus the ones mentioned above.

REALLY annoyed. The reason I don't use my credit card is for this exact reason. I never used it anywhere else. :mad:

I would also put in a dispute complaint with your CC company(s). I have had a dispute with an overcharge with Princess a few years back and it took numerous emails, phone calls and 4 months of hassling before they credited it back to me. I hope you both have an easier time with it.

I hope you both have an easier time with it.

Cheers Billy and Charlie's Mum.

Sayaguru - I contacted princess this morning, and it seems there have been quite a number of calls to her already regarding the same issue. She's not sure what is going on, but I have sent her an extract of my statement so she can investigate further, and will contact me back.

Hope you're getting somewhere also.

I have an extra two charges from Carnival also that shouldn't be there (they look like the pre-paid deposit for future cruises to me, but they where already charged to our main bill).

If by "main bill" you mean shipboard account, be aware that any future bookings made while on the ship (FCC/FCD or an actual cruise booked) will never be on your onboard account. It will go directly to the credit card you used for the onboard account unless you request a diferent credit card be used.

I had to get my huisband to ring as I was at work:rolleyes:.

Princess seemed to know about it and asked if they were "pending". He said yes and they said they would be refunded withing the week.

He "forgot" about the $319 already charged (on top of the pending ones).

He can ring them back tomorrow to clear that up.

o.k. - I've got a response back from Princess.

It seems, they have double charged the shore excursions.

The correct charges for shore excursions will be listed under your main account and charged on your statement under "Diamond Princess" as usual.

The double up charge will be charged again under "Pacific Princess" on your statement.

Princess has said they are on it and will be organising refunds early this week (they just have to calculate it properly with exchange rates etc).

Hope this helps anyone on Diamond Princess, post cruise.....

o.k. - I've got a response back from Princess.

It seems, they have double charged the shore excursions.

The correct charges for shore excursions will be listed under your main account and charged on your statement under "Diamond Princess" as usual.

The double up charge will be charged again under "Pacific Princess" on your statement.

Princess has said they are on it and will be organising refunds early this week (they just have to calculate it properly with exchange rates etc).

Hope this helps anyone on Diamond Princess, post cruise.....

Great news.

Thanks for the update.

I have had no reply from Princess other that the automatic reply. But mine is through America.

My "extra" charge was under "Carnival Japan Diamond Santa Clarita". And yes the amount would be the excursions.

3 of the pending ones have disappeared. 2 left.