How many courses can you order at Murano

HawaiiFive0

I am wondering how many courses you can order from the ala carte menu at Murano's restaurant? For example if you had the five senses menu you get 5. But what if you wanted to choose your own? Are you limited to how many you can get?

We(hubby and myself)ordered 2 lobster entrees and one chateaubriand for two and were completely stuffed. We did manage to find room to order dessert, however. We loved our dinner there and will definitely return.

We did the same thing with no issues. I must say that the roll back to our room was quite uncomfortable. :-) Could have used a luggage dolly.

The food is heavier and rich in Murano, so if you order two starters like a soup, salad and/or appetizer you will already be filling up. You *can* order all three but after many trips going there I never do. By the time the entree comes (and they are "heavy" for the most part) I am almost feeling done.

Plus there is a rich dessert, and after all that ------ they bring a tray of about 8 or so chocolate candies (which I bring back to the room). Plus assume a couple glasses of wine or a beverage of some kind, maybe an after dinner coffee or something - I can't imagine in a fine dining place like Murano wanting or NEEDING to order two entrees.

I've heard people saying "it's expensive so I want my money's worth". I can't speak to that logic but just know that bottom line you won't go hungry in Murano and it's a slow, leisurely experience (or at least it should be). Typically on a night we plan on going to a specialty restaurant we skip lunch entirely (I know, missing a meal on a cruise ship!!!) and just eat a late breakfast.

This is just my experience and my opinion and YMMV.

Have fun and enjoy.

My experiences in Murano have been the same as Claudia's. The food is wonderful but very, very rich.

I barely make it to dessert, and can't imagine eating two entrees there, or in the main dining room. Maybe those who can are much younger than I am,and maybe they do a lot of deck jogging and athletic-type shore excursions.

One thing I've learned is to book an early sitting time slot (in advance of sailing isn't a bad idea) for a specialty restaurant, rather than eat such a heavy meal at 8:30 when that's all the maitre d' has left.

Same experience as the two previous posters. A lot of the offerings tend to be on the rich side. I dearly love the mushroom risotto, which is a starter course, but sometimes order it as my entree because it's so rich. I may do something like the heirloom tomato salad as a starter course since it tends to be lighter. 3 courses is generally the max I order (starter, entree, dessert). Anything above and beyond that I'd have to order a stretcher to carry me out of the place.

We don't view the fee to dine as a reason to order in volume. It's the quality of the food combined with the atmosphere of the restaurant that brings us back.

You can order what you like as long as you can eat it.

Does anyone say: eat everything you order?

I tend to eat less than the serving.

We skip specialty dining and rich foods the evening before a full day of touring.

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me

Can you order soup AND a starter plus entree and dessert? I love lobster bisque but something else (risotto maybe) looked appealing too. So I would want both.

We almost went to Ocean Liners on our last cruise but did not. They were offering it to us for $35pp I believe. We ended up going to Bistro as nothing on the Blu menu that night was appealing to me and as we were sitting waiting for our food, a guy that was outside of Bistro was peddling Ocean liners for 50% off. It was almost 8 p.m. though, maybe why. Next cruise we may try a specialty restaurant.

Can you order soup AND a starter plus entree and dessert? I love lobster bisque but something else (risotto maybe) looked appealing too. So I would want both.

We almost went to Ocean Liners on our last cruise but did not. They were offering it to us for $35pp I believe. We ended up going to Bistro as nothing on the Blu menu that night was appealing to me and as we were sitting waiting for our food, a guy that was outside of Bistro was peddling Ocean liners for 50% off. It was almost 8 p.m. though, maybe why. Next cruise we may try a specialty restaurant.

Should a waiter resist taking all of your order, calmly ask to see the Supervisor or Manager on duty.

-Marisa

My experiences in Murano have been the same as Claudia's. The food is wonderful but very, very rich.

I barely make it to dessert, and can't imagine eating two entrees there, or in the main dining room. Maybe those who can are much younger than I am,and maybe they do a lot of deck jogging and athletic-type shore excursions.

One thing I've learned is to book an early sitting time slot (in advance of sailing isn't a bad idea) for a specialty restaurant, rather than eat such a heavy meal at 8:30 when that's all the maitre d' has left.

It's mentioned above to book early and in advance of sailing. I have purchased the 5 speciality plan and reserved the 1st night online. I have called Celebrity to book the other 4 nights but was told I had to wait. This is our 3rd cruise with Celebrity and I'm wondering the trick to booking prior to sailing...even though I know it's easy to do right after receiving your seapass card.

I've read the odd post that mention that multiple entrees were kind of discouraged but read a number of conflicting posts too. Our server on Reflection kind of encouraged ordering a number of dishes for variety. However, we were only able to do two starters each, an entree each, and shared a desert.

Going to have to try the lobster and chateaubriand hacked combo eventually!

Yes, you CAN order the bisque and the risotto. We've done that. It's double entrees that seems a bit much. I honestly believe if you wanted a soup, an appetizer and then a salad and THEN an entree it'd be ok, but it's really too much to eat.

We always book ahead of time, our free dinners with the suite and the ones we pay for. We pay the full price ahead of time, mainly to get our desired days and times. Always specialty restaurants on the formal nights.

Then on board the first thing we do is confirm our reservations at one of the restaurants. If there is a special or we want the 5-dinner package we have never had a problem getting a refund added to our account. And we keep the same reservations. It's worked well so far. The main thing for us is getting the times we want.

I've heard of cases where they did not want to supply more than one entrée in the past but most of the reports I read indicate no problem. More common is having an extra appetizer or other starter dish.

Keep in mind the entrees in Muranos are large and filling. Also they differ a lot from the main dining room as their dishes require a lot more individual preparation. Many of them are partially prepared in the kitchen and finished tableside in a process that takes a lot of time and effort. My point is that in the MDR if you ask for an extra entrée or two all the waiter has to do is grab an extra plate from the hundreds that I can imagine are staged and ready in the dining room as he passes through to pick up the orders. But in Muranos there is going to be a lot of individual preparation and work in making each fabulous entrée for you. So please keep this in mind when deciding to order extra.

One other thing: I'm a pretty big eater and I've never left Muranos less than totally full, and usually over full, on just one entrée. If you to try different entrees I'd recommend ordering one and tasting your spouse or partners and then also returning another night.

Note that Muranos is different from the other specialty restaurants. I've commonly seen extra entrees brought to the table for tasting and sharing in Tuscan Grill. And ordering lots of small entrée plates for tasting and sharing is the general idea behind the dining concept at both Qsine and Silk Harvest.

Edited by Lsimon

I think most people would be more than fully satisfied with two starters (including a soup and/or salad), the main course, the cheese course, and then desert. That shouldn't be a problem at all.

I could see maybe ordering an extra main course for a couple to share, but as everyone kind of hints, the food is definitely quite heavy. And I would be considerate and not over-order the tableside preparation dishes if the restaurant is busy...

Me too, Ceeborne. Like I said a few posts above this, we often will skip lunch or just grab some lettuce in the buffet and throw on some vinaigrette, grab an apple from our stateroom or from the buffet and call it done.

This post HAS made me hungry for some of my favorites on board, however. 6 months from now.......