Cancel Nachi???

lissa77

Hi. DS8 and I are taking our first cruise this June and I am so excited for our day in Cozumel - but I don't know what to do!! Having been to Playa del Carmen twice, I have had Cozumel on my list for some time. When I started researching excursions, Nachi sounded great - for ME. AI, quiet beach, a little snorkeling... but I kept researching and reading and now I think my DS will be bored. I did already book it, along with an 11:00 snorkeling trip. Here are my questions:

1. Has anyone ever cancelled? I know I would be out my deposit, but would I have to pay the full price if I cancel now? Our cruise is in 52 days. :D If I cancel, I am leaning toward a day at Playa Mia. Looks like it's probably a better fit - AI and beach toys.

2. If we start the day at Nachi, do our 11am snorkeling and have lunch - and then decide that DS would have more fun at Mr. Sanchos, can we go get in a cab and walk into Mr. Sanchos? No cover, but $12 each to play in the park, right?

3. Should I ditch the whole beach thing and do the sea turtle snorkel instead?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Contact Nachi re cancellation policy. You should have had something on this when you booked.

Assuming you can cancel and get a refund. Then Playa Mia, Mr Sanchos or paradise Beach are all good choices for a 12 year old. You don't have to do an AI at any of these places, they have pay-as-you go options, which might work better for you. Not keen on snorkeling at any of these, including Nachi, unless you're booking a boat out to the reefs. But for someone just kinda playing and practicing technique these beaches will do fine.

Another question... According to the itinerary (Oasis of the Seas, June 21-28, 2014), we are in Cozumel from 8am to 7pm, which I understand is 7am to 6pm local time. I am thinking of doing an early sea trek before heading to the beach (Mr. Sanchos or Playa Mia) for the day. What time do we need to leave the beach in order to be back on the boat without feeling too nervous?

Another question... According to the itinerary (Oasis of the Seas, June 21-28, 2014), we are in Cozumel from 8am to 7pm, which I understand is 7am to 6pm local time. I am thinking of doing an early sea trek before heading to the beach (Mr. Sanchos or Playa Mia) for the day. What time do we need to leave the beach in order to be back on the boat without feeling too nervous?

Cab ride from most of the popular beach clubs to the piers takes about 15 or so minutes; depending upon the pier and position, walking to your ship could take another 5-10+ minutes. I agree with the advice above, although watching "pier runners" in Coz is a favorite pass time for many cruisers. :rolleyes:

Thank you both! Cancelled nachi without a problem (just lost my deposit, which I expected).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

how did you get in touch with the i have sent the multiple emails and no answer

Thanks so much! I'm going to tell myself to leave by 4:30 because I really don't want to provide the entertainment to those already on board!!

I just replied to the confirmation email - hope they get back to you soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

I would also like to know what method did you use to cancel a reservation? I expect to lose the deposit but "no shows will be charged" according to their cancellation policy. I can't seem to get information on canceling AHEAD OF TIME. Please help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just replied to the confirmation email and told them I wanted to cancel, I knew I would lose the deposit, and I hope to visit next time I am in Cozumel without my kids! They replied the next day. Good luck!

I see you have already cancelled and was mentioning Playa Mia or Mr Sanchos. I have reviews with TONS of pictures of both of those places listed in my signature line. It will help show you everything both places have to offer. We enjoyed both places. However, the day we were at Playa Mia, they did not have the ocean blow up toys out there (in for repair they said and shortly after that, it was expanded and more brought in). :)

• 5 months later...