Zuiderdam Panama Canal Sunfarer

The additional day is spent in Bonaire I believe. They only offered the 10 day when we went. In the future, I'd like to go to Bonaire, but the dates it's offered will factor in as well.

The additional day is spent in Bonaire I believe. They only offered the 10 day when we went. In the future, I'd like to go to Bonaire, but the dates it's offered will factor in as well.

This year the additional port was Cartagena, Colombia for the 11-day cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading a thread about Anytime Dining concerns on the Coral Princess, I have yet another question about the Zuiderdam:

What are the dining options on the Zuiderdam? Please go into detail with likes/dislikes.

Again, thanks for your input. I'm looking forward to booking our next cruise, whether on the Zuiderdam or the Coral Princess. Can't wait to experience the Panama Canal!

:D

There is the MDR with 3 dining time options: early fixed seating (around 5:45), late fixed seating (generally around 8) and open seating which I believe is from 5:30-9pm but times may vary a bit.

There is also the lido with similar hours and the specialty restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Huskerchick

There is the MDR with 3 dining time options: early fixed seating (around 5:45), late fixed seating (generally around 8) and open seating which I believe is from 5:30-9pm but times may vary a bit.

So there is only one MDR to support traditional and anytime seating? How well does that work?

So there is only one MDR to support traditional and anytime seating? How well does that work?

One dining room, but it is really two, since there are different levels/decks. One level is for fixed (early and late), the other (lower) is for Anytime.

DaveOKC

This itinerary is offered for 10 or 11 days. Do you mostly book for dates that work well with your schedule, or do you want to have the most days on board possible?

Purely an informal poll, and please continue to share your experiences on this Zuiderdam itinerary.

We're really enjoying it as well !!!

We just booked the 10 day for late fall. That 11th day costs extra :D .....

BUT the reason we did the 10 day was that the "missing 11th day" was a stop in Columbia ... a country we have absolutely no interest in setting foot in!!

There are technically TWO specialty restaurants... the Pinnacle Grill which is $29/pp for dinner and is an American Steakhouse style.

The Canaletto is an Italian restaurant and is $10/pp (I believe).

We're really enjoying it as well !!!

We just booked the 10 day for late fall. That 11th day costs extra :D .....

BUT the reason we did the 10 day was that the "missing 11th day" was a stop in Columbia ... a country we have absolutely no interest in setting foot in!!

These are the details that are great to learn - thanks!

If we were to do the Coral Princess for this trip, we would book the itinerary with Grand Cayman in place of Ocho Rios, because we've 'been there, done that, not going back' and we don't mind another visit to Grand Cayman. Now the stops in Curacao and Cartegena make the Zuiderdam 11 day more interesting, as they are new places for us to visit besides the canal.

Cartegena is not a port to do on your own, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and am glad I had the chance to visit. There's a lot to see there, especially the old fortress and walled city.

Roz

Cartegena is not a port to do on your own, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and am glad I had the chance to visit. There's a lot to see there, especially the old fortress and walled city.

Roz

What tour did you take? Was it through HAL or private?

We are doing this cruise next January and the last port is Costa Rica. Instead of doing an excursion we would like to know if we could just leave the ship and walk around the town, similar to what you can do in Aruba?

We are doing this cruise next January and the last port is Costa Rica. Instead of doing an excursion we would like to know if we could just leave the ship and walk around the town, similar to what you can do in Aruba?

Check out the Ports of Call board for suggestions on what can be done on your own (or thru the cruise line). There is usually some very helpful information