Can you reuse the new Mickey bands from kids club?

Meleather

We sailed the Dream last month and bought the new Mickey wrist bands for them to attend the kids club. We are sailing again in early 2015. Can we bring them back and use them again to avoid having to buy new ones?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed the Dream last month and bought the new Mickey wrist bands for them to attend the kids club. We are sailing again in early 2015. Can we bring them back and use them again to avoid having to buy new ones?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think that you have to buy them, do you? :confused: If you don't return them at the end of the cruise, you're charged for them, but you don't have to buy them.

Don't know for sure, but I would think they could clear the old info on them and put the new. I would think that's what they do with the ones that are turned back in. I know they "deep sanitize" them (whatever that means).

I don't think that you have to buy them, do you? :confused: If you don't return them at the end of the cruise, you're charged for them, but you don't have to buy them.

Don't know for sure, but I would think they could clear the old info on them and put the new. I would think that's what they do with the ones that are turned back in. I know they "deep sanitize" them (whatever that means).

You do not have to buy Them, it's optional.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Yes, the Magic Bands are replacing the big Mickey Bands.

It is my understanding that you can turn in the bands at the end of the cruise and there is no charge. If they are not turned in, there is a $13 charge. Sorry, don't know about re-using them.

We were told that the plan for the WDW Magic Bands is that they will be re-used on future trips, but currently that is not in place as they are still considered to be in "test mode."

Yes' date=' the Magic Bands are replacing the big Mickey Bands.

It is my understanding that you can turn in the bands at the end of the cruise and there is no charge. If they are not turned in, there is a $13 charge. Sorry, don't know about re-using them.

We were told that the plan for the WDW Magic Bands is that they will be re-used on future trips, but currently that is not in place as they are still considered to be in "test mode."[/quote']

That is exactly how the bands worked on the Fantasy in January. The charge ($12.95/band) was made to our account when they were issued, and it was refunded as long as we returned them by midnight Friday night (or techinically saturday morning). They gave us a receipt to show they were returned in case there were any issues, but there were not.

You can reuse the WDW Magic Bands now, or at least I know AP holders who have.

Yes I was told you could re-use them. The only issue with that is the internal battery only lasts so long, so it's possible it may no longer work if there is a long time between cruises.