Suite Guarantee Help Please

First, how much would you or is a good deal to upgrade from a ocean balcony to a guarantee grand suite. I can upgrade guarantee to a GS for a total of 1600.00 (seems high), There aren't really any GS left, only higher suites, should I gamble and see if I get anything higher or what is your take on this situation?

This is only a decision for you to make, $1,600, is equal to a week's cruise price for one person on most balcony cabins.

Are the "perks" worth it to you, good luck with your decision.

There was a recent thread where the OP was really disappointed because their TA told them to upgrade to a JS guarantee, as JS were waitlisted and they almost for sure would get something higher. They had set their mind at GS at least and kinda only done the move because of this. Guess what they got what they booked a JS and were very disappointed, as they wouldn´t have done it for a GS.

Long Story short. If you are fine with GS go for it, but don´t put your hope for something higher, as you might get rather disappointed.

Thanks so much, it's really not the perks, just a bigger cabin, b/c I will have my extended family w/ me and they won't get perks, etc. Now, I'm looking at crown loft, b/c it isn't very much more than a GS. calculated about $1305.00 total from my "FB" family oceanview balcony. I would have to use some of my visa points to get that cost down. Am I being ridiculous? Please help again, I'm assuming if I got the crown loft on the 17 floor, maynot look over water correct?

Thanks so much, it's really not the perks, just a bigger cabin, b/c I will have my extended family w/ me and they won't get perks, etc. Now, I'm looking at crown loft, b/c it isn't very much more than a GS. calculated about $1305.00 total from my "FB" family oceanview balcony. I would have to use some of my visa points to get that cost down. Am I being ridiculous? Please help again, I'm assuming if I got the crown loft on the 17 floor, maynot look over water correct?

Delete

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The crown lofts on the sides have a view of water. The aft facing crown lofts face the sports deck, but you can see the ocean. Ours was on the side, first one on the starboard side. Unbelievable! We were upgraded 3 days before our cruise from a D1 balcony :D.