Has anyone ever changed a guarantee cabin location?

Bibble

I know that when we booked 3 guarantee cabins, we had no guarantees (no pun intended! LOL!) that we would be near each.

We have just been assigned our cabins, and two are on the same deck, opposite sides of the ship. I found available cabins, in the same category, same deck, next to each other.

I called to see about moving, and was told that the agent on the phone couldn't do it, that we'd have to go through inventory. (oh, and we got great upgrades) and might lose our upgrade. I said "No, that's okay, I'm not going to risk that".

So I sent a note online, and explained our situation, that for at least two of the cabins, one has my daughter in it and one is my parents, who would watch my daughter at night if we go to a late show or such, and that it would be great if we could be closer.

I'm hoping that would be enough (and no, I'm not counting on it, and I"m not looking for any extra upgrade or anything like that, I'm just hoping to get near each other).

So, has anyone ever managed to move guarantee cabins?

I don't want to sound harsh, but that's the risk of booking guarantee cabins. There's always the option to pay more and select specific cabins if you have specific needs.

I don't want to sound harsh, but that's the risk of booking guarantee cabins. There's always the option to pay more and select specific cabins if you have specific needs.

I do understand that.

I was just asking the possibility. I'm nowhere near upset, we got upgrades which are great!

And I'll get a lot of exercise, as my cabin is two decks below, and much further back than my husband and daughter (booked in two double occupancy cabins because no triples available). But I'm guessing more that I'll be kicking my daughter to the couch, and sharing their cabin, and subsequently leaving an empty cabin. Makes me wonder what the cabin steward would think with it staying empty the entire trip - LOL!

I know people who have done this on RCI. When they got their cabins allocated they had a look for what else was available and called to change. They got an aft balcony doing this.

Yes, I have done this on MSC on my most recent trip. I booked two inside guarantees for my mother and me on the same booking. As this was a repositioning cruise and expected to be far from full and as I was MSC Club Silver (turning Gold on the trip), I thought there was a reasonable chance of an upgrade. Neither of us got an upgrade and I was surprised to find despite booking a year in advance, that MSC had allocated us cabins on different decks and in different parts of the ship.

I waited until around 10 days before departure to request cabins closer together. I thought there was still a chance of one of us being given the outside near the other. Instead we were given two new insides next door to each other.

In your case, as you have been given upgrades, you risk losing them to be nearer each other.

As for an empty cabin, cabin attendants see it all the time. There is little they have not seen.

Yes, I have done this on MSC on my most recent trip. I booked two inside guarantees for my mother and me on the same booking. As this was a repositioning cruise and expected to be far from full and as I was MSC Club Silver (turning Gold on the trip), I thought there was a reasonable chance of an upgrade. Neither of us got an upgrade and I was surprised to find despite booking a year in advance, that MSC had allocated us cabins on different decks and in different parts of the ship.

I waited until around 10 days before departure to request cabins closer together. I thought there was still a chance of one of us being given the outside near the other. Instead we were given two new insides next door to each other.

In your case, as you have been given upgrades, you risk losing them to be nearer each other.

As for an empty cabin, cabin attendants see it all the time. There is little they have not seen.

Thank you for your experience :)

I would rather keep my upgrade than be close. I have no problem getting around the ship, and I'm sure we'll keep our meeting places closest to my parents' cabin. And for a short two-day cruise, texting will work for us to find each other.

it really should not be an issue - have done this for clients many times - as long as you are not changing categories, even with ur upgrades.

i would just try back and get someone different agent - my motto is, keep trying until you get the answer you want -

again, this should not be an issue

Thank you for your experience :)

I would rather keep my upgrade than be close. I have no problem getting around the ship, and I'm sure we'll keep our meeting places closest to my parents' cabin. And for a short two-day cruise, texting will work for us to find each other.

You can always use the Divina app to keep in touch onboard