Really irritated by Carnival right now

So I call in on Monday to get a price drop for my current booking, after giving me the price drop I checked on my iPad and saw that she took away my $150 OBC, I let the rep know and she added it back on, but then changed my payment due date from 30 days to being due right away.

Informed her of this and she said she will fix it which she did, and I thought that was the end of it. Everything showed up like it should on my booking. Fast forward to day and I'm trying to log in on Carnival and it's not finding my booking. I check my email to see if they sent anything and all I see is 6 emails saying that my FTTF excursion was cancelled nothing about by booking being cancelled.

I called customer service and in speaking to her found out that my booking was cancelled because when the rep made the changes on Monday it changed my deposit amount to $250 per person, I was never told this nor did it show anywhere, because I needed to put down an additional $250 and didn't my booking was cancelled, without any communication at all.

In total I spent my entire lunch break (30 min) on the phone today and she assured me that she would put everything back how it was but that I would have to go back and book the FTTF because they couldn't put it back on and had sent a refund. Though this irritated me and I hadn't received a refund yet, I went ahead and booked it to ensure I had the FTTF.

I go through the rest of my work day and come home and pull it up. The $150 OBC that showed when I was at work is now showing $100, so I promptly call them back, asking to speak to the rep I spoke to earlier by her first and last name because when I asked for an extension she said she didn't have one. The guy that answers says she isn't available so I proceed to talk to him, explain everything again and he reads over the notes.

He is now putting me on hold extensively and going back and forth talking to a supervisor, saying the same thing over and over that I was given the credit by error and there is nothing they can do to change and that the supervisor will give me $50 OBC. I explain to him that's less than I'm showing now and ask to speak to the supervisor directly.

What a waste of time that was, she kept saying the same thing over and over that yes it was an error by two separate Carnival employees and that she "couldn't" do anything it and I should of never been given the OBC. It wasn't like I was asking for the world, just the $50 back that I was told I would have and had as of yesterday. She eventually told me that she would "meet me half way" and "allow me" to keep the $100 that it was showing now. I saw that this conversation was going nowhere with her and said fine and got off the phone as this was another 30 minutes I had already wasted.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest. Anyone ever experience anything even remotely like this? Any advise? Should I call and speak to someone else or just let it go? It's only $50 but at this point it's the principle.

If you price match, you have to match to the new terms. If it changes deposits or due dates you have to follow the rules of the new fare. If you had obc before, you don't get to keep it AND the price drop unless the price drop also has that amount of obc included. Sorry :(

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So I call in on Monday to get a price drop for my current booking, after giving me the price drop I checked on my iPad and saw that she took away my $150 OBC, I let the rep know and she added it back on, but then changed my payment due date from 30 days to being due right away.

Informed her of this and she said she will fix it which she did, and I thought that was the end of it. Everything showed up like it should on my booking. Fast forward to day and I'm trying to log in on Carnival and it's not finding my booking. I check my email to see if they sent anything and all I see is 6 emails saying that my FTTF excursion was cancelled nothing about by booking being cancelled.

I called customer service and in speaking to her found out that my booking was cancelled because when the rep made the changes on Monday it changed my deposit amount to $250 per person, I was never told this nor did it show anywhere, because I needed to put down an additional $250 and didn't my booking was cancelled, without any communication at all.

In total I spent my entire lunch break (30 min) on the phone today and she assured me that she would put everything back how it was but that I would have to go back and book the FTTF because they couldn't put it back on and had sent a refund. Though this irritated me and I hadn't received a refund yet, I went ahead and booked it to ensure I had the FTTF.

I go through the rest of my work day and come home and pull it up. The $150 OBC that showed when I was at work is now showing $100, so I promptly call them back, asking to speak to the rep I spoke to earlier by her first and last name because when I asked for an extension she said she didn't have one. The guy that answers says she isn't available so I proceed to talk to him, explain everything again and he reads over the notes.

He is now putting me on hold extensively and going back and forth talking to a supervisor, saying the same thing over and over that I was given the credit by error and there is nothing they can do to change and that the supervisor will give me $50 OBC. I explain to him that's less than I'm showing now and ask to speak to the supervisor directly.

What a waste of time that was, she kept saying the same thing over and over that yes it was an error by two separate Carnival employees and that she "couldn't" do anything it and I should of never been given the OBC. It wasn't like I was asking for the world, just the $50 back that I was told I would have and had as of yesterday. She eventually told me that she would "meet me half way" and "allow me" to keep the $100 that it was showing now. I saw that this conversation was going nowhere with her and said fine and got off the phone as this was another 30 minutes I had already wasted.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest. Anyone ever experience anything even remotely like this? Any advise? Should I call and speak to someone else or just let it go? It's only $50 but at this point it's the principle.

I agree at this point its the principle of the fact!

I have sailed several times on Carnival and I'm sailing on the Breeze in July and booked Early Saver.....everytime there has been a price drop I have been given the run around to avoid giving it to me. I have had several mistakes happen and each time I'm told they will make a note to give that employee some more training....now I fully understand why people say you can call 5 agents and get several different answers. Not too impressed

If you price match, you have to match to the new terms. If it changes deposits or due dates you have to follow the rules of the new fare. If you had obc before, you don't get to keep it AND the price drop unless the price drop also has that amount of obc included. Sorry :(

I am fine with something if it changes, but the fact is it was never communicated. And I was given assurances now by three different employees one of which is a supervisor that are not being kept.

I have sailed several times on Carnival and I'm sailing on the Breeze in July and booked Early Saver.....everytime there has been a price drop I have been given the run around to avoid giving it to me. I have had several mistakes happen and each time I'm told they will make a note to give that employee some more training....now I fully understand why people say you can call 5 agents and get several different answers. Not too impressed

Exactly what I was told, that we will speak to the employees about their errors but not really taking any ownership.

It sounds like you did not read the terms for the new price. did the new lower price offer obc and the low price or just the low price? you can go and pretend to book it and if no obc is offered its not included. If it didnt offer both then they dont have to give you any obc cause that was offered with the last price not this one.

Anyone ever experience anything even remotely like this? Any advise? Should I call and speak to someone else or just let it go?

Not since we started booking our Carnival cruises through our PVP. Same guy for the last 10 years. :)

It seems like you've been speaking to 50 different people and getting 50 different answers. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised that this has happened to you. Too many hands in the cookie jar. My advise is that you find ONE good PVP (or TA) to book your future cruises. You will avoid a lot of aggravation and misunderstandings if you're dealing with just one person from the moment you book your cruise until you get your Welcome Home call.

Hope you get everything squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Never had a problem getting price drops. I send in the form and the obc is applied. I almost made this mistake once where I would have saved $200 on the fare, but lost $250 in obc. I said "no, thanks"...

Sorry you encountered these issues. You should escalate the issue and try reaching out to one of these people:

Gerry Cahill, CEO

gcahill@carnival.com

Vicky Rey, VP of Guest Services

vrey@carnival.com

Hope your situation gets resolved!

It sounds like you did not read the terms for the new price. did the new lower price offer obc and the low price or just the low price? you can go and pretend to book it and if no obc is offered its not included. If it didnt offer both then they dont have to give you any obc cause that was offered with the last price not this one.

I didn't do a mock. I saw the difference on Fare Viewer and called. If there was is a difference they should properly convey that to their customers.

Sorry you encountered these issues. You should escalate the issue and try reaching out to one of these people:

Gerry Cahill, CEO

gcahill@carnival.com

Vicky Rey, VP of Guest Services

vrey@carnival.com

Hope your situation gets resolved!

I think I might need to reach out to one of them. When I called the supervisor back I just got her VM.

How do you get a PVP? Do you just ask for one?

im not sure I have every detail but it sounds like the only thing Carnival did wrong was not tell you what the policy is and give you wrong information. Sounds like they actually followed Carnival policy with regards to the deposit thing and the OBC. Unfortunately, they do this all the time and it really hurts them with customer service

if you have the $50 deposit and you go for a price match , 'most' of the time you have to pay for the full deposit immediately or they will cancel the cruise

If you have an OBC on an original sale and you do a price match, 'most' of the time you will lose the obc

Carnival needs to get their act together and tell people the real deal with regards to this stuff. It seems Carnival needs to seriously train their staff on the rules

I think I might need to reach out to one of them. When I called the supervisor back I just got her VM.

How do you get a PVP? Do you just ask for one?

I just called Carnival and asked for a PVP and they gave me a number to call. Good Luck to you.:)

When we booked our cruise, in March, it was a promo, which was a $50pp deposit, and final due 30 days prior.

Everything we've price matched to has had the same rules. I was told by the rep at Carnival, that these fares have the same rules as Early Saver.

The last rate we had was some kind of "DREAM" rate, which included $150 OBC per cabin. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!:D:D

THEN, this 123 promotion came out, and would save us $520 on the cabin.

So, yes, we lost our OBC, but still came out $370 ahead.

Same rules for final payment...30 days prior.

Still have 34 days before final is due. Hoping for more price drops.:D

You really need to read the fare rules fine print. They all have their own rules.

Thank GOD, all of the reps I have gotten at their 800# have been very knowledgeable, and have had zero issues.

Good Luck!!!!

If you price match to a lower rate and get it, be prepared to have to pony up the rest of the deposit if the new rate doesn't offer a reduced deposit. And be prepared to accept the new final payment date rules whatever they are. Only exception is of you book early saver upfront. Price matching to a promo with no obc when you had an obc equals no obc.

I have learned a lot about this price match thing right from this board. It is tricky but worth reading the rules or searching threads here first at least so you'll know what to expect. This same scenario has happened to many others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If you price match to a lower rate and get it, be prepared to have to pony up the rest of the deposit if the new rate doesn't offer a reduced deposit. And be prepared to accept the new final payment date rules whatever they are. Only exception is of you book early saver upfront. Price matching to a promo with no obc when you had an obc equals no obc.

I have learned a lot about this price match thing right from this board. It is tricky but worth reading the rules or searching threads here first at least so you'll know what to expect. This same scenario has happened to many others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

A lot can be learned from these boards. I see the OP just joined in April, so has yet to grasp the do's and don'ts of fare changes. Should someone inform about deposit changes and OBC changes? Yes, but we know this doesn't happen most of the time.

OMG people. Really think the CEO of Carnival needs to get involved? :rolleyes:

OP, YOU are the customer so YOU need to know what you're buying.

I called on Sunday because I could upgrade from an inside to a balcony for $15. I've had the same PVP for years and adore him but just hate to call him on his day off.

The poor woman I spoke with tried really hard to help but she just didn't get it. I was online, doing a "mock" booking for 1 person and aft balcony cabins that hold 3 were showing as available.

First she said she could put me in a balcony but I'd lose my $100 OBC. No. That is a shareholder credit and has nothing to do with any fare code or prior rate drop.

Then she said she couldn't move me to any of the aft balcony cabins because they all hold 3 or more and they are capacity controlled. Mind you, this is one week before sailing and almost every single aft was showing as available. She put me on hold several times and finally said she'd have to call me back as they were very busy and she needed a supervisor's help.

She called back in about 20 minutes and said the same thing. I fold her I'd just wait until Monday and see if one of the 2-person cabins became available.

After I hung up, I emailed my PVP and asked him to call me on Monday.

He did and said he'd just sent me my new cabin confirmation and just needed my card number for the additional $15.

I was 100% correct about it all - no loss of OBC and those 3 & 4 people cabins WERE available or else they would've have shown up for a 1-person booking. He also said that my OBC would've shown up over night. That they go away when there's a change and unless whomever manually refreshes something, they go away but return.

Get yourself a PVP and get yourself informed about the various rates and what happens when you request a change but you've booked under a special fare or a reduced deposit.

If you can find the time to tell us your story, you can find the time to become a well-informed consumer and cruiser!

OP, YOU are the customer so YOU need to know what you're buying.

If you can find the time to tell us your story, you can find the time to become a well-informed consumer and cruiser!

I suppose I should let my next patient choose their own path of treatment? If you're going to have a heart attack or stroke, you need to be in the know of current treatments, medications and dosages, right? Cruisers just cruise, they don't run the industry. Sure, it's nice to have a little knowledge, but it's also nice for the cruise line employees to have a little more than you to help guide you in the right direction. To insinuate that the OP should have more knowledge as the purchaser than the seller is just ridiculous. Hope you get things straightened out!

In this age of instant-access to many things and many means with which to educate yourself, there's no reason to not understand what's going on. Really. There isn't.

Self-diagnosing a medical symptom is hardly the same as understanding what you're doing when you book your cruise. :rolleyes:

There's a reason people use a PVP. They DO know what they're doing. Some are better than others. Most are very good at what they do.

Use that expertise rather than call the generic 800 number. And educate yourself on the product you're buying. Caveat emptor, you know.

As I pointed out, not all Carnival employees are the same (which I already knew but experienced first hand the other day). Yes, it would be nice if they ALL understood exactly what they were doing. But I'm not sure it was the Carnival employee who was in error. As others have pointed out, the deposit rules change under some circumstances.

If you're going to sign up here, then you should actually do some reading. I don't book ES often and have never booked a reduced deposit. But I know there are been MANY threads about both explaining what happens when you want to make changes. I've read lots of these threads and they don't even apply to me!

But then, I prefer to understand as much as possible. Others can't be bothered, but they can certainly find plenty of time to complain.

I also took advantage of a current price drop. I did lose my prior OBC which was offered with the original booking and I had to make my final payment sooner. BUT all that was not as good as the large price drop. Plus my T/A was offering an OBC that I did not lose.

Be sure to READ the fine print on all of your rate codes. You might get one thing, but then lose something else. If you are not sure about a promo call and ask to speak with a Supervisor before you make a decision.

I have 6 cabins booked for the Breeze in August. In the last 3 weeks (mostly this last week) I have saved $3350 across all cabins. We have had a 5/19 final payment date, to a 7/3/14 date and back again. Currently all but one are 5/19/14 . . . .and same thing for OBC we've had it and had it taken away. I truly love Early Saver, but you do need to know the ins and outs of it and while Carnival should tell you if something is changing . . .it is your responsibility to understand how it works in general.