Hotel Recommendation for Kuala Lumpur

alibabacruisers

We are going to be going to Kuala Lumpur and have never been. Trying to research hotel possibilities and would like some recommendations please.

We think we may want to be in the KLCC/Petronas Towers area and have a few contenders, some of which are Intercontinental, Traders, Hilton KL, Grand Millenium and Grand Hyatt.

Would also love any ideas for things to see or do too. I have already taken a look at Tripadvisors and tried to find threads here on CC to get some information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Renaissance Hotel is a short walk from Petrona Towers and mall. Ask for one of the rooms that have a view of Petrona Towers. The windows in the rooms are huge so you can lie in bed and admire the view:) It's especially good at night when it's lit up.

Thank you for your reply. I just had a look and that looks like we add it to our growing list. Is the location noisy with it being near the intersection?(On the map it looked like it was at an intersection)

No, I didn't find it noisy at all although there's a 6 (I think) lane road outside still couldn't hear anything. There's a pedestrian crossing a short walk to the left which takes you across to Petrona. Taking a right from the hotel takes you to the skytrain station.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Barbara,

I can HIGHLY recommend Traders.

The location is perfect, you can walk across the park for about five minutes or take the hotel buggy and you are at the KLCC.

Lots of shops there and a food court and and the LRT station for travelling round the city.

The views of the Towers are spectacular, we usually request a high floor tower facing room. It looks amazing all light up at night.

Staff and service are excellent and restaurant food is very good.

If you can, upgrade to the Club Floor, you can have breakfast there, tea and coffee all day and evening drinks and cocktails along with very substantial snacks and nibbles .

My only niggle with Traders (and believe me, I am picky!!!) is the water in the pool could be warmer :p

If you are flying into KLIA, after you have collected your luggage, there is a booth to book a taxi transfer at a fixed price directly to the hotel.

Hope this helps.

Anne

If you are flying into KLIA, after you have collected your luggage, there is a booth to book a taxi transfer at a fixed price directly to the hotel.
This is an excellent piece of advice - I second the recommendation (which was made to us when we went to KL).

We stayed at the Mandarin, which was very good indeed although neither of the quality nor the price of the original in Hong Kong. If you can get it for a good price, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Second the Renaissance hotel. Stayed there dozens of time. Large rooms, cheap room service and a massive pool.

. If you don't mind spending the money, the Ritz Carlton is really wonderful. Our special occasion hotel in KL.

In April we stayed at the Prince Hotel, great size room and bathroom was big, highly recommend great staff, easy walking distance to Pavillion Mall, Bukit Bintang. Had great views from our room of the towers.