Cabana rental??

ATL2LAS

You rent a cabana and when you get on the ship, you go to guest services and pick the one you want from a map. We go down the beach away from the crowds. Love the cabanas.

You rent the cabanas on HMC online and then select the one you would like at guest services as soon as you get on the ship, they sell out quick so hurry!!!!

Well you have comfortable lounge chairs with cushions, a table and 4 chairs, a mister fan, snacks and beverages, a small frig, snorkel gear, float mats, and a shower to rinse off sand. The cabana provides you shade and a place to put your stuff and hang out. It's just a little piece of paradise.

You won't get to choose which cabana until you are onboard. The shore excursion desk onboard can help you choose which cabana best suits your needs. Some people prefer to be farther down the beach where it's quieter, and others prefer to be closer to the food and other areas.

Go to Youtube and search HMC Cabana Tour. A very thoughtful passenger walked down the beach at HMC to tour all of the existing Cabanas a few years ago giving the pros and cons of their locations. Very helpful. As a result of his tour, I booked Cabana #6 in July, 2012. It was central to most everything and near the Pirate Ship Bar so we could listen to all of the festivities while in the water. This was worth every penny for the day. You also get on the first tender to the Island.

We've had 5, 9 and 11. I prefer farther down the beach, where it's less crowded and quieter, but if you want to be closer to the music and the bars you'll want to be in one of the lower-numbered cabanas. (BTW, bar stewards do walk down the beach to take orders.) My biggest gripe with #5 was that we had folks coming up to the cabana to use the shower - while we were sitting right there - and we had to keep re-directing them to the public shower right up the hill.

7 or 8 is away from the crowd but close enough to the food. So as soon as get on the ship go to the excursion desk, don't wait to do it later or all the good location will be gone.

Edited by Charlie911

We've had 5, 9 and 11. I prefer farther down the beach, where it's less crowded and quieter, but if you want to be closer to the music and the bars you'll want to be in one of the lower-numbered cabanas. (BTW, bar stewards do walk down the beach to take orders.) My biggest gripe with #5 was that we had folks coming up to the cabana to use the shower - while we were sitting right there - and we had to keep re-directing them to the public shower right up the hill.

WOW!!! That's so rude of people to come up and use the showers to a Cabana that someone else has rented...but I see that kind of behavior everyday. Some people are clueless or just don't care. So sad!

I would love to rent a cabana...but they were already listed as "SOLD OUT" when I booked our cruise. :(

WOW!!! That's so rude of people to come up and use the showers to a Cabana that someone else has rented...but I see that kind of behavior everyday. Some people are clueless or just don't care. So sad!
A couple of the folks didn't realize it was private (although there are signs right there saying "private cabana"):confused:. Another was a family that just felt entitled. We ran into them on the way back to the ship and they kept cutting in line for the tender.:rolleyes:

I would love to rent a cabana...but they were already listed as "SOLD OUT" when I booked our cruise. :(

Don't give up on getting a cabana. Keep checking the excursions everyday as cancellations happen. If nothing opens up, as soon as you board the ship, head right to the shore excursion desk and put your name on the waitlist. Twice I have booked cruises at the last minute that stopped at HMC, and twice I have gotten a cabana by getting on the waitlist. Only con with this is that you'll have to take what is left, but hey, a cabana is a cabana!!! :D

Don't give up on getting a cabana. Keep checking the excursions everyday as cancellations happen. If nothing opens up, as soon as you board the ship, head right to the shore excursion desk and put your name on the waitlist. Twice I have booked cruises at the last minute that stopped at HMC, and twice I have gotten a cabana by getting on the waitlist. Only con with this is that you'll have to take what is left, but hey, a cabana is a cabana!!! :D

Thanks...I will try that! Since we have FTTF...we should be able to get to the excursions counter as soon as we board before others get to the counter. :)

We booked at the beginning of March for a June 29th cruise and the cabanas were all sold out then. Hopefully one opens up...but if not, I'll be sure to have a lot of sunblock and look for shade every now and then...like on the inside of a bar! :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After reserving a Cabana on HMC, When you go to the Excursion desk to select your cabana do you select what food and drink will be in the cabana? And if so what are the choices? Thanks

After reserving a Cabana on HMC, When you go to the Excursion desk to select your cabana do you select what food and drink will be in the cabana? And if so what are the choices? Thanks

You choose the sodas (8 cans) you want and specify shoe sizes for the snorkle gear. I don't think you have any food choices. You get a large bag of tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and a large platter of fresh fruit. I believe you also get a large bottle of water.

No need to take the beach towels with you, unless you want more. They will be sitting in the cabana along with snorkle gear (mask/flippers) and floating mats for 4. If you are in one of the villas, it is for 8. We have doen the cabanas twice and one a villa when we cruised with family.

For us, well worth the expense.

You choose the sodas (8 cans) you want and specify shoe sizes for the snorkle gear. I don't think you have any food choices. You get a large bag of tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and a large platter of fresh fruit. I believe you also get a large bottle of water.

No need to take the beach towels with you, unless you want more. They will be sitting in the cabana along with snorkle gear (mask/flippers) and floating mats for 4. If you are in one of the villas, it is for 8. We have doen the cabanas twice and one a villa when we cruised with family.

For us, well worth the expense.

Thank you Lynn for the quick reply

Thanks...I will try that! Since we have FTTF...we should be able to get to the excursions counter as soon as we board before others get to the counter. :)

We booked at the beginning of March for a June 29th cruise and the cabanas were all sold out then. Hopefully one opens up...but if not, I'll be sure to have a lot of sunblock and look for shade every now and then...like on the inside of a bar! :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know what it is about HMC but I really recommend being vigilant about the sunblock. I not familiar with science but it seemed as the sun would beat on you from the sky and sands all the time. We had a couple who we met on board who weren't so attentive and got so burnt it put a downer on the rest of their experience. Bad sunburns can really ruin a vacation.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't know what it is about HMC but I really recommend being vigilant about the sunblock. I not familiar with science but it seemed as the sun would beat on you from the sky and sands all the time. We had a couple who we met on board who weren't so attentive and got so burnt it put a downer on the rest of their experience. Bad sunburns can really ruin a vacation.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree. I have only been to HMC once (was able to rent the Oasis which was out of this world) and I can agree that for some reason the sun burn was on another level. Going to HMC in a couple weeks and rented a cabana as well. Be on the look out for the sun!

Just back from liberty this past Saturday. We were at HMC last Sunday. Since the day we had booked I would check for cabana availability every couple of day, always sold out. But suggestions from this site said to go to the excursion desk as soon as you board and ask. We got into the check in area at 10 and got a boarding zone 5 card (no fttf avail when booked). But I figured zone 5 was not bad. Got a nice little surprise when we were done checking in as the lovely lady behind the counter gave my family of 5 a priority boarding card. No idea why but I'll take it. Gave my 5 card to a couple with a zone 17 card and boarded after the wedding groups. Went right to the excursion desk and asked about the cabana's. And just like that we got turquoise #3. Closer to the main area, wouldn't be my 1st choice as I would like to be away from the crowds but it was still great. Because of the. Ababa rental we were on the 1st tender off the ship, you walk over to an area to the right and they drive you (with a group of other cabana and villa renters) to your cabana. We got 4 floats, snorkel gear for 4, 2 cushioned lounge chairs, a table with 4 sitting chairs. A couple of workers dropped off a cooler with 8 sodas and 2 big bottles of water, a plate of fruit ( pineapple,watermelons,cantaloupe.) and a plate of veggies celery,carrots,broccoli) with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa with a HUGE bag of tortillas. There is also storage space a refrigerator and trash barrel. And a outside shower head at the front to wash off sand and saltwater. Also had an a/c and a fan......my 1 suggestion is there is a clearing from your porch to the water in between the beach chairs that people ended up pulling into the path. Not a big deal but when I go back I would grab a couple of the beach chairs and put some of our stuff on them to try and keep the area a little clear. No one ever came up to try and use the shower or take anything. I ended up giving a coupe of our mats to a couple to float around with because I had also brought some blow up floats. The price was 230.00. Any other questions just ask. Good luck have fun