Lunch place in Fort Laudedale?

joey1

We will be getting off Vision of the Seas on 5/26/14. Have late flight out of FLL. We will rent a car and probably hit the Outlets first. Looking for a nice, lunch place preferably near/on the water??

We will be getting off Vision of the Seas on 5/26/14. Have late flight out of FLL. We will rent a car and probably hit the Outlets first. Looking for a nice, lunch place preferably near/on the water??

The Sawgrass Mills Outlet is 20 miles west of the water . . . I'd almost guarantee by the time you drive out there, walk/shop that big mall . . . you will be wanting to have lunch out there.

They have a Cheesecake Factory at the Sawgrass Mills Mall outside "Oasis" area.

The fact that you have a car does mean you can pretty much have lunch wherever you want so if that doesn't interest there are an infinite number of places you could eat depending on what you crave.

Waterfront spots often mentioned here and pretty good....Coconuts, 15th St Fisheries, Bahia Cabana etc. You can get more info and maps using google or threads here. If you have lots of time and haven't been to Hollywood, the broadwalk there is casual and nice to spend some time too.

Edited by eandj

The Sawgrass Mills Outlet is 20 miles west of the water . . . I'd almost guarantee by the time you drive out there, walk/shop that big mall . . . you will be wanting to have lunch out there.

They have a Cheesecake Factory at the Sawgrass Mills Mall outside "Oasis" area.

The fact that you have a car does mean you can pretty much have lunch wherever you want so if that doesn't interest there are an infinite number of places you could eat depending on what you crave.

I agree. Sawgrass is so big and massive, you will not want to leave to drive inland and eat.

Grande Luxe Café is Cheesecake Factory's nicer, big sister. Tons of good restaurants out there.

If you have the time after visiting Sawgrass Mills I would drive back to 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale and have a relaxing lunch at Southport Raw Bar on Cordova Road. I was there last week with my best friend and we had a great dinner. The fish sandwich was one of the best I have ever had. We sat outside and the place was really jumping on a Monday night. From outside the place doesn't look that great but the food definitely is worth it!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did not realize Sawmill was 20 miles away. We may just end up staying around the airport. Maybe Las Olas area. I would prefer a local place and not a chain. Being the holiday, I am hoping that everything is open.

Jodi