2014 Princess Alaska fares seem much higher than last year's fares

Alaska0799

Hoping to find a great deal on Alaska cruise again this year but haven't seen the killer deals we saw last year--ended up with $399pp interior cabin on the Southbound. Found that deal two months before late July sailing. Anyone have an informed explanation--just inflation or has cruising Alaska become substantially more popular this year?

Not giving up but not particularly encouraged at this point! :confused:

Hoping to find a great deal on Alaska cruise again this year but haven't seen the killer deals we saw last year--ended up with $399pp interior cabin on the Southbound. Found that deal two months before late July sailing. Anyone have an informed explanation--just inflation or has cruising Alaska become substantially more popular this year?

Not giving up but not particularly encouraged at this point! :confused:

For 2014 I've noticed prices to many destinations staying high so they must be selling well. We also took advantage of the great deals last July to Alaska & did 14 days for $780/person ($220 taxes & fees included) for an inside cabin. We didn't get the email offer until Memorial Day & Princess Air made it doable for us. :)

So maybe there's still hope to escape summertime heat by sailing in Alaska. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We are booked on a B2B and wish like heck we would have done this last year when Princess had an extra ship going to Alaska so the prices were lower. Less capacity more $$ for us I guess!

Just got a nice deal for 9/7... $500 for an OV cabin... yes, it's only 7 days but... still pretty good. Add to that my FCC earned in January, this is costing us next to nothing. We were going to go to Mexico but fares are increasing and we've never been to Alaska, so it's a no brainer.

Nice! Don't know which route that is, but if this is your first Alaska cruise, I highly recommend considering an itinerary that includes Glacier Bay. Regardless, Alaska is breathtakingly beautiful and the wildlife is abundant. Enjoy!

There are the same amount of ships this year as last year. The main difference is that there is one less ship sailing the Northbound/Southbound route but instead cruising roundtrip from Vancouver. They took out the Sapphire and Diamond which did North/Southbound cruises and replaced it with the Crown doing that route and the Pacific with the Vancouver roundtrip route. I know Princess slashed prices big time for the Crown sailings in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice! Don't know which route that is, but if this is your first Alaska cruise, I highly recommend considering an itinerary that includes Glacier Bay. Regardless, Alaska is breathtakingly beautiful and the wildlife is abundant. Enjoy!

Thanks, I am thrilled although my husband won't be!

It's Tracy Arms, not Glacier Bay but it will be great nonetheless... Now, research begins in earnest!

Yes, it will be great regardless because it is ALASKA! If you're interested in seeing whales, be sure to include an excursion in Juneau that includes whale watching. Harv & Marv are great, as are Orca Enterprises. The smaller boats really enhance the experience, although we've enjoyed the Princess excursion with Allen Marine, too. Now I'm getting excited for you!

Just recieved an email on Thursday and today with Alaska cruise and an extended sale. Lots of great pricing through September.

May cruises $299 inside-799 balcony on the Crown for example.

The other email has 40% off Alaska cruises.

Yes, it will be great regardless because it is ALASKA! If you're interested in seeing whales, be sure to include an excursion in Juneau that includes whale watching. Harv & Marv are great, as are Orca Enterprises. The smaller boats really enhance the experience, although we've enjoyed the Princess excursion with Allen Marine, too. Now I'm getting excited for you!

Thank you for the suggestions! I really want to try Tracy's Crab Shack as well!

Thank you for the suggestions! I really want to try Tracy's Crab Shack as well!

We enjoyed Tracy's last summer & was an easy walk for us...it's between Juneau's main street & the harbor. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Those ARE some great fares. We have about a 3-week window so we're looking at June 21, June 28 or July 5 RT Seattle. So far, $799 is lowest I've seen. Would love to do the Southbound on Island or Coral (love the forward decks and "secret" areas) but the DFW to Anchorage flight is killer for hubby's back! And airfare is higher. Will keep watching, as we've now crossed the line from "hope we can find a good enough deal to go again this year" to "we'll just find the best deal within our date range"! Hopeless addicts we are!

Those ARE some great fares. We have about a 3-week window so we're looking at June 21, June 28 or July 5 RT Seattle. So far, $799 is lowest I've seen. Would love to do the Southbound on Island or Coral (love the forward decks and "secret" areas) but the DFW to Anchorage flight is killer for hubby's back! And airfare is higher.

Thats why we have an issue with any cruise that leaves/ends in Whittier, air is ridiculous.

Thats why we have an issue with any cruise that leaves/ends in Whittier, air is ridiculous.

Last July round-trip to Vancouver from LAX using Princess flexible air (cheaper than restricted) was $280 per person when booking 6 weeks before departure.

There are the same amount of ships this year as last year. The main difference is that there is one less ship sailing the Northbound/Southbound route but instead cruising roundtrip from Vancouver. They took out the Sapphire and Diamond which did North/Southbound cruises and replaced it with the Crown doing that route and the Pacific with the Vancouver roundtrip route. I know Princess slashed prices big time for the Crown sailings in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just looked at Princess.com and saw that for 2015, there's even more changes. The Ruby is coming over to the West Coast and will do the Alaskan cruises but the Island will be in Europe.

So they're finally bringing more recently built ships over here (the Diamond and the Sapphire were built in 2004), but those will be without the covered pools.