Juneau on a Sunday

akacake

We will be in Juneau on a Sunday ( May 25th ) Just wondering if most shops,stores etc will be open? My husband is wanting to check out the few gun stores and they say they are closed on Sundays...but with it being cruise season and all...maybe they will be open?

I'm absolutely sure that the stores will be open on a Sunday. They make most of their money when the cruise ships come in so it would be silly for them not to be open. Especially if there is more than one cruise ship in that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You might want to check with the store itself though. There was a shop in Juneau and at least one in Ketchikan that closed right at 6:00 even though our ship was staying until 10:00. The souvenir stores were still open, but it seemed that some of the locals just closed up as usual and went home for dinner. It was a bit disappointing so you might want to check that ahead of time.

My husband is wanting to check out the few gun stores and they say they are closed on Sundays...but with it being cruise season and all...maybe they will be open?

Gun stores wouldn't cater to cruise passengers, since you can't buy a gun and take it back on the ship with you. If they say they are closed Sundays, I'm guessing that they will be closed. More typical tourist shops will be open.

thanks, I just emailed one of them to find out. Not buying anything, just looking :)

We are not taking any excursions in Juneau, is there a lot to see while walking around?

Guns can be shipped back home. Just the name of a licensed Federal Firearms Dealer with you just in case, including their license number. Make sure the hometown dealer will accept a purchase for you. some charge really huge prices for this.

they just emailed me back and said they that occasionally open on Sundays for customers...so we will take our chances when we get there. We are from Canada so cannot purchase anything, it was more of an interest to go and see what was in there :)

they just emailed me back and said they that occasionally open on Sundays for customers...so we will take our chances when we get there. We are from Canada so cannot purchase anything, it was more of an interest to go and see what was in there :)

While not a true gun store, Fred Meyers has a gun section that I am pretty sure will be open on Sunday.

There area few gun stores in Anchorage that dwarf anything you'll find in Juneau. Anchorage just opened a brand new Cabelas in the last few weeks if I am not mistaken. They are kind of neat if you have never been to one. I haven't been to the one in Anchorage, but every other one I have been to is impressive and has lots of stuff.