RSVP Regal Princess Feb 8-15, 2015

Boytjie

I was reading the Princess and RSVP documents about beverage packages and hope someone can provide some clarification for me. It looks like RSVP has arranged for an Unlimited Soda and more package. It is not clear to me if that includes water. Is it best to purchase that once on board or can it be purchased ahead of time???

Also, I don't see anything about alcoholic beverages, so does that mean that we are charged on a per purchase basis? Just want to budget accordingly if that is the case. :confused:

I don't know about the soda packages; we don't drink much soda and drink the ship's water (I also drink tap water at home). We bring water bottles and refill it in the buffet.

As for acloholic beverages, you pay per drink/per bottle.

Edited by Boytjie

So far I have just gotten a few responses for the meet-and-greet and I encourage you to RSVP so I can know ahead of time what to arrange with RSVP (who makes the arrangements with Princess).

When and where will it take place?

It is usually around Noon on the first sea day so that it does not clash with the many other activities on the ship. Since we will be at Princess Cay the first day of the cruise, the meet and greet would most likely happen on Tuesday. Place and time to be confirmed

What do I need from you?

An email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com providing me with you Cruise Critic id, names of the people that will attend and your cabin number(s). (The cabin numbers are helpful in case the location changes at the last minute.

The information is only used to be able to contact you with updates and is not shared with anyone; sometimes the cruise lines ask for a list of attendees in case they wanted to follow-up the meet-and-greet with something else but that rarely happens.

Four weeks ill we sail away!

Did you get an email from me with my info for the Meet & Greet?

Thanks,

shawn

I don't know about the soda packages; we don't drink much soda and drink the ship's water (I also drink tap water at home). We bring water bottles and refill it in the buffet.

As for acloholic beverages, you pay per drink/per bottle.

Thanks for the prompt response. I don't drink much soda either so I think I will wing it the first day or two and see how it goes rather than pick up a package and not get much value for the cost. :D

Thanks for the prompt response. I don't drink much soda either so I think I will wing it the first day or two and see how it goes rather than pick up a package and not get much value for the cost. :D

I am much more likely to buy a coffee card :D Princess' coffee in the buffet has a reputation for being horrible (made from concentrate) and that wa sout experience way back in 2007 but recent reports on Cruise Critic seem to indicate that it is made fresh and pretty decent. I will check it out when we board. :)

Did you get an email from me with my info for the Meet & Greet?

Thanks,

shawn

Yes, I have.

Here is a list of those that have RSVPed so far:

Jim and Terry - GIGAND

Shawn - digitalshawn

Darrell and Erik - Darrell6t

Don and Greg - RDUCruisers

Keith - Travler3824

I'm sorry, but what do you mean? Your lack of value for the cruise experience? I do not undersrand your post..

Different people value different things. We found we did not need to be surrounded by only LGBTQ peeps to enjoy a cruise. Once you can book any ship at any time from any port and see the price, RSVP did not look as good.

I know I could have done two weeks by connecting the Atlantis cruise. Sure it dilutes the air fare accross two weeks but I am thinking I only need one week away from the cold of Canada.

I am here but was just saying I am not a cheerleeder for all-gay cruises.

Different people value different things. We found we did not need to be surrounded by only LGBTQ peeps to enjoy a cruise. Once you can book any ship at any time from any port and see the price, RSVP did not look as good.

I know I could have done two weeks by connecting the Atlantis cruise. Sure it dilutes the air fare accross two weeks but I am thinking I only need one week away from the cold of Canada.

We all vacation the way we like. It must mean something that you decided to come back after 5 years. :)

I think two weeks of all-gay party cruising would be too much also. I would be exhausted and need an ambulance to get to the airport. But I am a cheerleader for them. They are just so much more fun than any ordinary cruise I have ever been on, and I have been on many of both types. I enjoy an ordinary cruise, but it is a completely different experience than RSVP and Atlantis.

Hi All!

JohnMike and Ron here from San Antonio. Our friends Carlos, Paul, Tom, and Felix from San Antonio,with their friends from D.C. talked with very slight twisting to make a last minute first for us on RSVP. We usually do Celebrity and have a TransCanal for April, but were going through cruise withdrawal since an Alaska cruise in September.. Last minute cabins were limited and we will be on "D" deck.... Some comments suggest it might be a fun level to be on.... We have always enjoyed and have hosted some CC things in the past and would like to continue CC participation. We're looking forward to seeing everyone... even with their "Pajamas" on or off or just in between JMike and Ron

Welcome!

You must be newbies... your cabin is on D Deck?! Uhem, maybe it is on Dolphin Deck because on D Deck you won't get much sleep. ;)

Send me your info to RSVP for the CC meet-and-greet. I have a feeling by then D Deck will have been explained to you but I am sure we can find something else to talk about. :)

Hi all, I just signed-up for Cruise Critic. Husband and I will be on the 30th Anniv Cruise. It will be our third cruise. I have searched for a few things of interest on this forum but I have not had time to read this ENTIRE thread! I'll send Peter my info for the meet&greet and will see you guys then.

OK, I guess I'll ask one question:

What is the one thing that I have missed in your discussions that is not in ANY of Princess or RSVP documents?

Hi all, I just signed-up for Cruise Critic. Husband and I will be on the 30th Anniv Cruise. It will be our third cruise. I have searched for a few things of interest on this forum but I have not had time to read this ENTIRE thread! I'll send Peter my info for the meet&greet and will see you guys then.

OK, I guess I'll ask one question:

What is the one thing that I have missed in your discussions that is not in ANY of Princess or RSVP documents?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

That is a difficult question to answer without going back and reading all the posts!

Is this your first gay cruise?

It will be easier to answer more specific questions.

I got your RSVP for the meet-and-greet.

Edited by Boytjie

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

That is a difficult question to answer without going back and reading all the posts!

Is this your first gay cruise?

It will be easier to answer more specific questions.

I got your RSVP for the meet-and-greet.

This is our third gay cruise.

I didn't really have a specific question, just wondered if there had been a long conversation about something BIG that everyone should know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

This is our third gay cruise.

I didn't really have a specific question, just wondered if there had been a long conversation about something BIG that everyone should know.

OK. If you have done Atlantis you know the basics. RSVP is a little less circuit party and people actually get some sleep and do excursions! :D

This thread has been a bit quiet so not too many long conversations.

OK. If you have done Atlantis you know the basics. RSVP is a little less circuit party and people actually get some sleep and do excursions! :D

This thread has been a bit quiet so not too many long conversations.

True. It seems that the Facebook pages are getting more traffic than this Roll Call this year. I know the CC board last year with the cruise on the Divina had more traffic - and I think alot of that was because the unknowns about the vessel itself.

I freaked out today when I saw on Facebook that it's only 19 DAYS away!! I gotta get my ass in gear! I'm going to send a message for the meet and greet in a few!

I haven't had time to read the entire thread but am a little surprised it's only 10 pages thus far!

Can't wait to get away from this cold weather!

Brent