RSVP Regal Princess Feb 8-15, 2015

Boytjie

awwwww... no return visit for the Divina? LOL I'm booked on the Regal, yay that!

The Divina truly was a fun cruise for me but am glad to be moving on to the Regal Princess (please let the buffet and dining room be better please let the buffet and dining room be better LOL).

I'm impressed by how early some of the entertainment and themes are being let out. It's clear RSVP is pushing hard to make their 30th anniversary a good one.

Happy to hear things are better in Grand Cayman now, I remember the turnaway in the 90s being a big deal but hadn't paid close enough attention to know they were an ok spot for the Atlantis cruises the last few years.

Here are some pics. I found on a threat of the first sailing of the Princess Regal. There are a couple of shots taken at the aft pool that is on Sun deck above the horizon Buffet terrace. Ouch - looks pretty small. But there are steps that go from Lido up to Sun deck at the pool/aft area. That, at least, will be convenient.

https://m.facebook.com/robert.parnham/albums/10152396744438788/?refid=13

I wonder if that circular fountain area can be the main dance floor:

10313165_10152396746948788_3555061310515156058_n.jpg

This looks more like a poollette:

10389983_10152396747153788_5892156731381797663_n.jpg

Oh, that's the aft pool? Someone should tell the designer that "mini" went out with roller disco. I shall call it the "maxi-tub" ... or "the party pool," 'cause it looks to be the pool that's easily drained, scrubbed and re-filled for daytime use.

Oh, well, there are other pools not quite as miniscule as that. I'm sure it will be an enjoyable ship in any event.

We're on the Aloha deck.

At this rate we can have a separate Aloha deck meet-and-greet! :D

On the Caribbean Princess in 2007 we were on Aloha deck too and it made smile every time the elevator lady would announce "Aloha!". :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, this will be my first cruise with Princess and first with RSVP!! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Looking forward to the adventure and hoping to learn some tips about Princess Cruises along the way and how RSVP fits into the mix.

Of course I am anxious and excited to meet some new like minded folks as well. Hope to hear from some of you in the months to come. :D

If this thread goes like usual, there will be plenty of activity as the departure date nears. This is far from my first RSVP, but it will only be the 2nd time on Princess. And the first time was very mixed, also with RSVP and had both highs and lows. This new ship looks to be very nice.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and RSVP, Traveler!

Don't be nervous, you will be fine. :) We too wee a bit nervous before our first cruise (RSVP on Caribbean Princess in 2007) but got to know a few people here before we even got on board and got many questions answered so we did not feel quite as anxious.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey there! Janet and Maria just booked with 2 of their bestest friends on the Aloha deck. Haven't been on a cruise in a few years, but missed you boys so much, had to come back!

Looking forward to seeing you all on the ship!

Welcome back! I think we met you on one of our first cruises, maybe the Caribbean Princess in 2007

Edited by Boytjie

Here's a fun question: Are passengers allowed in the fountains during the water shows? The answer, I think, is almost certainly not.

Here's a fun follow-up: If not, how would Princess enforce this policy during the dance parties? Experience has shown that the folks get a tiny tad tipsy during these affairs, and will seek out bright lights and moisture like something from a nature documentary.

It's a recipe for fun!

Maybe a bit off topic...but a friend of mine asked about Princess Valet Service. It supposedly picks up your luggage at your house and drops it off at the ship before departure, and picks it up at the ship when the cruise is over. I will send luggage ahead to my hotel via Fedex, coming back home, who cares if the airline loses my dirty laundry. I searched the Princess site but couldn't find anything about Valet Service.

Edited by hybucket

Per Princess's website:

Luggage Valet

Princess Luggage Valet delivers your bags from your home to your stateroom. No more hauling baggage through the airport, no more checking or standing in the crowd at the baggage claim. With Princess Luggage Valet you can enjoy the ultimate in ease and convenience when you travel. Make it a carefree escape with the new Princess Luggage Valet Service.

Princess Luggage Valet Service is provided by DHL Worldwide Express and Federal Express. Domestic and international shipping is available. Rates start as low as $90 US per piece each way for domestic express shipments and $250 US per piece each way for international. Rates are based on shipment size, weight and destination and include limited Shipment Value Protection. Reservations must be secured at least 35 days prior to your sailing date. Domestic shipments are typically scheduled for pick up 7 days prior to the sailing departure date and most international shipments are typically scheduled for pick up 14 days prior to the sailing departure date. Service is also available for post cruise shipping.

Serviceable Ports

Service is currently available for voyages embarking and disembarking in the following ports:Athens (Disembarkation only)New YorkAucklandSan JuanBarcelonaSeattleCivitavecchiaSouthamptonCopenh agenStockholmDoverSydneyDubaiVancouverFt. LauderdaleVeniceLos Angeles (Hawaii and Panama Canal voyages only)WhittierShipments

Shipments are limited to the shipping of luggage containing personal clothing and some sports equipment. Items such as toiletries, cosmetics, medication, vitamins, electronics and jewelry are prohibited. Keep these items in hand baggage and carry them personally. Garment bags are acceptable for shipment of clothing provided they fold in half, remain secured in that position, and resemble a piece of free standing luggage. Examples of sports equipment that are acceptable for shipment would include golf clubs, fishing poles and bicycles. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure that all sports equipment is packaged appropriately. Sports items must be shipped in an appropriate special-purpose hard sided carrier/container. Note that storage onboard is limited and the shipment of some large shipments of sports equipment, such as bicycles, will be subject to availability.

Restrictions

Individual shipments may not exceed 108 inches per piece for combined length, width and height. Weight may not exceed 150 pounds per piece. Should an individual shipment exceed number of total inches or weight, additional fees will apply and we cannot guarantee timely delivery of shipment. Goods or items purchased during your travels may not be shipped via Princess Luggage Valet as they could be subject to duties and taxes. Any duties and taxes assessed by customs will be billed to you. Items such as cologne, perfume, lighters are prohibited as they are considered combustible. Shipments may not be locked as they are subject to inspection.

Shipment Value Protection

TypeCostCoverage (actual cash value)Basic Value ProtectionInclusive in standard ratesUp to $2,000 per pieceAdditional Value Protection$10 per pieceUp to an additional $1,000 per piecePrincess Cruises will not be responsible for any damage to or loss of luggage or contents. The courier will not be held responsible for damage to passenger's luggage (as it is considered the shipping container), loss of or damage to camera or electronic equipment, jewelry, cash, or other similarly fragile and valuable items. Valuable and fragile items should always be hand carried. When shipping valuable sports equipment, we strongly suggest purchasing additional Shipment Value Protection. While an itemized contents list is required for international shipments, we recommend that you prepare an itemized list for domestic shipments as well.

Any claims for loss or damage pertaining to covered items must be reported immediately to Princess Luggage Valet, who will initiate the claim with the courier. Claims must be submitted per the following schedule, based on the type of service purchased.

Courier ServiceScheduleDHL Shipments30 days from the date of pick-upFederal Express Shipments21 days from the date of deliveryCancellation Policy

ScheduleCancellation ChargeFrom 60 days prior to sailing until your scheduled pick-up date$25Once pick-up has been made100%How to Book Princess Luggage Valet

For rates, contact Princess Luggage Valet in the US or Canada at 800-399-7350 or email luggagevalet@princesscruises.com. Princess Luggage Valet agents are available to assist you Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST).

When requesting rates or reserving service, please be prepared to provide us with the following information:

• Your Booking Number
  • Pre-cruise pick-up address and phone number
  • Post-cruise ship to address and phone number
  • Number of pieces to be shipped
  • Estimated weight of each piece
  • Declared value of each piece
  • Credit card for payment

How the Program Works

Once the reservation has been booked, we will provide you with the scheduled pick-up date for your luggage based on your cruise destination.

Prior to your scheduled pick-up date, we will mail you a packet containing the following items:

• Airway bill for each piece of luggage to be shipped
  • Sturdy airway bill holders and ties for each piece
  • Customs forms to be completed for International shipments (International shipments also require a copy of your passport to accompany completed customs forms)
  • A return envelope for shipping copies of customs forms back to Princess Cruises
  • Detailed shipping instructions
  • Interior Luggage insert

Pre-cruise shipments will be picked up as scheduled and delivered to your stateroom on your day of embarkation.

For post-cruise shipments, you will be instructed to follow standard disembarkation procedures, which requires you to proceed through immigration and customs formalities. A drop-off area for Princess Luggage Valet will be located just outside the customs area. You will receive specific instructions onboard regarding your disembarkation and specific drop-off location, as this may vary from port to port.

Princess Luggage Valet is provided by DHL Worldwide Express and Federal Express. Rates include basic Shipment Value Protection. This luggage shipping service is for the personal luggage of Princess passengers only. A complete list of items that cannot be shipped will be supplied, along with terms and conditions, upon reserving this service. Princess will not be responsible for any damage to or loss of luggage or contents. DHL will not be held responsible for damage to the shipping container, loss of or damage to camera equipment, jewelry, electronics, cash or similarly fragile or valuable items. Items such as cologne, perfume and lighters are prohibited, as they are considered combustible. DHL Worldwide Express is an independent company and is not owned or operated by Princess. Princess reserves the right to modify or withdraw this service at any time.

Another option which provides a service to gather your bags at the end of your cruise and deliver them to the airport at a much lower fee is EZ Check - here is a cruise critic thread about that service:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40716176&highlight=ezcheck#post40716176

Edited by Mister White

Thanks...now the question is...has anyone used them? And, though I know it surely varies byysituation, but just how is it?

I have used EZCheck 3 times and love it. You leave your bags outside your stateroom on the last evening on board and you don't see them again until you arrive at your home airport.

The fees are small and it is all done thru Princess. It involves Princess getting your boarding passes printed and air carrier luggage tags affixed to your bags. Princess has your bags taken to the airport the next morning.

All particulars are covered in the CC post I linked above.

Here's a fun question: Are passengers allowed in the fountains during the water shows? The answer, I think, is almost certainly not.

Here's a fun follow-up: If not, how would Princess enforce this policy during the dance parties? Experience has shown that the folks get a tiny tad tipsy during these affairs, and will seek out bright lights and moisture like something from a nature documentary.

It's a recipe for fun!

I have seen video where the area arrears to be roped off and I have seen a picture where it seems there is open access and someone standing inside the railings. But water pressure that shoots it 33 feet in the air may hurt you.

We are celebrating our 12th anniversary in February and are very excited about going on this cruise! My best friend and his partner will be there as well. Price has always been an issue about doing an all-gay cruise (we are literally spending twice as much as we would on a regular cruise), but we are making an exception for this one.

So excited and looking forward to meeting everyone!

:D

We are celebrating our 12th anniversary in February and are very excited about going on this cruise! My best friend and his partner will be there as well. Price has always been an issue about doing an all-gay cruise (we are literally spending twice as much as we would on a regular cruise), but we are making an exception for this one.

So excited and looking forward to meeting everyone!

:D

Welcome aboard. You will have more than twice the fun on this cruise. :D

My partner, Greg, and I are looking forward to getting to know everyone as we approach February 2015. I am curious to see what this one is like in comparison to the RSVP Hawaii Cruise we took back in 2010.

I can only imagine the amount of fun 3 sea days provides compared to the port intensive itinerary that Hawaii offered.

Don

Hi guys,

I am just off the Royal Princes, the sister of the Regal. When I was on the ship, I was asking myself how the ship would fare for the 30th RSVP anniversary. I decided the Regal will be great.

Sure, I missed the center stairway, didn't like the tiny Promenade, and wished our balcony was bigger.

But the pros outweigh the negatives by a long shot....for an RSVP cruise.

The ship has two large show rooms and several smaller ones, which can accommodate all the great entertainment. This was a problem on some of the ships RSVP has used before. I think the outdoor deck will work for the parties under the stars. There is plenty of space on the deck above the fountain to see and be seen. The specialty restaurants were great and less expensive than many other cruise lines. Our balcony cabin had tons of space, so bring that extra costume.

I already had my vacation booked for next year when the RSVP cruise was announced, so I will unfortunately miss the cruise. But many of my friends have already signed up and several are thinking about it. I know they and you will have a great time on the Regal.

Greg