Feb 9 - Princess Cays 9 am - 5 pm

Feb 10 - At Sea

Feb 11 - Cozumel 10 am - 7 pm

Feb 12 - At Sea

Feb 13 - Grand Cayman 7 am - 5 pm

Feb 14 - At Sea

Feb 15 - Fort Lauderdale

Hi Peter,

Knew I would find a thread started by you. Called the travel agency yesterday to book. Prices are great...... .Back in 1989 RSVP prices started at $999. Hope you are going to organize the CC get together again?

Hi Peter,

Knew I would find a thread started by you. Called the travel agency yesterday to book. Prices are great...... .Back in 1989 RSVP prices started at $999. Hope you are going to organize the CC get together again?

Dan,

I would be happy to arrange a CC meet-and-greet again. :)

This may be a good time to ask: what do people expect from the meet-and-greet and what can be done to foster more interaction?

Many of us know each other from previous cruises but there are always newcomers that don't know anyone. Not everybody is comfortable talking to strangers and I often see people sitting away from the big group. I am usually bust with name tags etc. and don't always have the time to talk to everybody.

Suggestions and comments are welcome!

I am booked and already counting the days until Feb. of next year! This will be my 1st time sailing on a Princess ship and so far I hear good things about this line. This is my 2nd RSVP and since my expectations were exceeded on my 1st one, I know this one will be even better!

We will miss all of you, but we have decided not to cruise next year. The worry about the weather is too much for us anymore! LOL. And our chorus concert will probably be scheduled for the weekend of Feb. 8. Instead of the cruise we have booked a condo in Puerto Vallarta for 10 days in March. We have never been there and are looking forward to something new. I will still be trolling this site, however, and cruising vicariously with you all! :)

Grand Cayman isn't a very gay friendly place.

Not a problem. The passengers on the cruise will just about outnumber the residents.

Very much looking forward to this. And feeling a little stung that I didn't qualify for the discount.

To clarify: I was not on the Davina cruise, but I was on the Eurodam in '13. Goes to show that I should get into the habit of cruising every year, instead of every-other. Sadly, there was just no way to swing the Davina cruise, as I was still paying off the wedding.

So only certain categories get the $100 discount if you sailed on the Davina this Spring??? I thought all prior passengers get the discount no matter what category they sign up for.

No, on RSVP you got the discount only if you were on the current cruise and booked on the ship. They did not have the contract signed for the 2015 cruise when we on the ship so we now have the Diviba cruisers getting first choice to book - with discount for certain categories - and the rest geing able to book after that.

We sailed RSVP every February since 2007 except for 2011 so for the 2012 cruise we did not get s discount.

We will miss all of you, but we have decided not to cruise next year. The worry about the weather is too much for us anymore! LOL. :)

well that's to bad, but totally understand. Traveling from snow land to Florida in Febuary can be challange. Sometimes takign a year off-- or 2 (in my case), can be benefitial to try something new. Have fun in PV! 8-)

We were originally booked on the Divina but switched to the March Atlantis because of the already-known issues with the Divina and concerns with getting accurate information. We did not change because of the RSVP product. We had a great time on Celebrity with Atlantis. Celebrity is a great line. But our hearts are still with RSVP so this year we had booked the February 2015 Atlantis cruise on Celebrity but have now switched to RSVP since they are again on a good cruise line. We love RSVP and really missed the many folks we have come to know since our first RSVP cruise in 1997 (we've missed 3 years in that time).

Peter..you mentioned the meet and greet and making folks feel comfortable and welcome. On the 2013 Eurodam sailing we came to the meet and greet for the first time and all I can say is that you and the rest of the regulars made us feel quite welcome. Everyone seemed very friendly and personable. We are already looking forward to the meet and greet and I'd like to thank you in advance for organizing it again.

We were originally booked on the Divina but switched to the March Atlantis because of the already-known issues with the Divina and concerns with getting accurate information. We did not change because of the RSVP product. We had a great time on Celebrity with Atlantis. Celebrity is a great line. But our hearts are still with RSVP so this year we had booked the February 2015 Atlantis cruise on Celebrity but have now switched to RSVP since they are again on a good cruise line. We love RSVP and really missed the many folks we have come to know since our first RSVP cruise in 1997 (we've missed 3 years in that time).

Welcome back! :)

Peter..you mentioned the meet and greet and making folks feel comfortable and welcome. On the 2013 Eurodam sailing we came to the meet and greet for the first time and all I can say is that you and the rest of the regulars made us feel quite welcome. Everyone seemed very friendly and personable. We are already looking forward to the meet and greet and I'd like to thank you in advance for organizing it again.

Thank you for those kind words. I just want to make sure that people really get to meet-and-greet; sometimes a few people seem a bit shy and may not mingle as easily.

Edited by Boytjie

Welcome back! :)

Thank you for those kind words. I just want to make sure that people really get to meet-and-greet; sometimes a few people seem a bit shy and may not mingle as easily.

Yes, Boytjie should get paid by RSVP for his hospitality (or at least a huge discount on their cruises).

He's very charming and would make an excellent cruise director if he ever wanted to change careers.

Yes, Boytjie should get paid by RSVP for his hospitality (or at least a huge discount on their cruises).

He's very charming and would make an excellent cruise director if he ever wanted to change careers.

Yes he is quite charming but who knows, maybe he already is on the payroll in one form or another! lol

So happy to be going on next years cruise. I have been on this type of Princess ship several times and always like to be perched Port side on the Lido deck. Close to the pool and buffet. Got cabin L210.

But, I did notice on the deck plans that the fitness center is not above the Lido deck cabins. It is now above the Horizon buffet. I can live with that. BUT - I saw that the deck plans do not show an aft pool behind the buffet that I so dearly love. And - it seems that the Promenade deck is lacking a true Promenade. These issues and more are brought up on the C. Critic threads regarding the sister ship.

Last night I saw that the Princess website shows a deck layout different from the one on the RSVP website. It shows a continuous Promenade (Deck 7) and also an aft pool on the level above Lido deck (Sun deck) right above the Horizon buffet. Yea!

I did see this same deck configuration on a couple of the "Cruise ship deck plan" web sites - but have not vetted their accuracy. Might have to just wait until the Regal has it's first sailing on the 20th. Attached is the Princess cruises Regal princess Deck Plan that I saw had the additional pool and extended Promenade.

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=GP

There is only one other Princess ship similar to the Regal and that is the Royal which has gotten less than stellar reviews from Princess loyals.

The main points of dissatisfaction are no central staircase, miniscule balconies when compared to other Princess ships, no wetbars in the suites,no Promenade deck one can walk on and only two pools.

The Regal has been modified a wee bit by adding a tiny (hot tub sized) pool aft.

Mike:)

Right now I am thinking about what else I would want to do for a job. Not sure if cruise director is it. :)

Yes he is quite charming but who knows, maybe he already is on the payroll in one form or another! lol

Rest assured that I am not paid by RSVP and I don't get any discounts or favoritism; I pay my way the same as everyone else does!

Thanks again for the kind words. <blushing>

Edited by Boytjie

There is only one other Princess ship similar to the Regal and that is the Royal which has gotten less than stellar reviews from Princess loyals.

The main points of dissatisfaction are no central staircase, miniscule balconies when compared to other Princess ships, no wetbars in the suites,no Promenade deck one can walk on and only two pools.

The Regal has been modified a wee bit by adding a tiny (hot tub sized) pool aft.

Yes, they have made changes to the Royal layout for the Regal. That added aft-pool does not look that great. I did enjoy that aft pool on the Caribbean Princess and also the one on the Divina. I almost never hang out at the mid-ship pools during the day. :)

The Caribbean Princess had (still has?) a swim-against-the-current pool that I really enjoyed for an early morning work-out.

Yes, they have made changes to the Royal layout for the Regal. That added aft-pool does not look that great. I did enjoy that aft pool on the Caribbean Princess and also the one on the Divina. I almost never hang out at the mid-ship pools during the day. :)

I used to pretty much hang out at the aft pool on the Princess ships back in the day when I did the Chumley bear cruises. Not only because it was our 'designated' pool - but it was nice to have the awesome view of the ships wake, the tiered seating, the closeness to the buffet along with a designated bar for the pool.

I can not imagine what possessed Princess to get rid of that awesome feature. Probably had something to do with cramming in more cabins.

And I have seen pictures of the typical balcony. 3-1/2' deep. Can't even really turn the chair for a view out to sea. But, not a deal breaker for me.

Sadly it would appear that small balconies are the norm for new ships, the balcony on the Divina was very small and I just got off the NCL Getaway and the balcony was also very small. Need the space to get as many staterooms as possible.

Here are some pics. I found on a threat of the first sailing of the Princess Regal. There are a couple of shots taken at the aft pool that is on Sun deck above the horizon Buffet terrace. Ouch - looks pretty small. But there are steps that go from Lido up to Sun deck at the pool/aft area. That, at least, will be convenient.

https://m.facebook.com/robert.parnham/albums/10152396744438788/?refid=13